Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Connections- Chapter 31- February 11th, 9:25 PM

Connections- Chapter 31- February 11th, 9:25 PM

A Chapter by John Duprey
"

After visiting with his family, Kyle continues to adjust to living in a mental hospital. Kyle wants to get to know Trevor, how does it go?

"

                                                                      

            Five minutes later, I finally get done unpacking. S**t, I almost forgot about Trevor.

            “How much time do we have left?” I ask Jamie.

            “About 35 minutes left,” he tells me. Good, I have enough time to talk to Trevor.

            “Are you coming with me to the group room?” I ask him.

            “Well, yes. I have no choice, but I’ll probably go visit Jessica while you’re talking to Trevor.

            “Okay, that works.” We both walk out of our room and walk towards the big group room a few corners and straights away. When we reach the big bright room I notice Trevor on the other side of the room sitting by himself. I feel bad for him, but maybe I can help him.

            “Wish me luck,” I say to Jamie. I walk over to Trevor in a slow and steady pace. I sit next to him, he doesn’t move or look up.

            “Hi,” I tell him, trying to smile.

            “Hey,” he blankly says.

            “So I showed up.”           

            “It’s a good start, better than most.”

            “So why won’t you talk to anyone?”

            “I have my reasons, none I like to discuss. The only reason I’m here is because my mom needed a place to put me so she doesn’t have to worry about me anymore.”

            “At least she cares.”

            “Yeah, I know. I’m glad she does, but it doesn’t make me feel any different. Either way, I want off this f*****g planet.”

            “I understand, I feel the same way, I mean it’s the reason why I’m here.”

            “Obviously.” We sat silent for a few seconds before I started talking again.

            “So where are you from?”

            “Brownsville. A couple towns over from here.” He starts to look at me.

            “At least you’re not totally unfamiliar with the area. I’m from Hill City.”

            “I don’t get around much, but I’ve been here a few times.”

            “So how old are you?”

            “What is this? Twenty f*****g questions?”

            “Sorry. I just wanted to get to know you because we are sharing a room.”

            “You’re right. I’m sorry.” He looks away. There is just something about him that feels weird, but who knows.

            “I just turned 16.”

            “So we’re close in age. I’m 17.”

            “Good to know,” he seems disengaged. Man, this is getting hard. When Jamie said he was anti-social, he really meant it.

            “So,” I paused for a few seconds. He finally looks at me. “An hour ago you asked me if I really wanted to know you. Well, I do.”

            “I’ve been through s**t all my life that is absolutely horrid and it just keeps getting worse,” he tells me in a slightly angered voice.

            “Like?” I question.

            “Too much too explain.” He looks away from me once again. I’m running out of ideas. I think for a few seconds and then realized, maybe he will crack if I tell him why I’m here. Ugh, that’s going to be hard, but maybe it will work.

            “Hey,” I try to touch his shoulder. He instantly jumps up in a panic. I recognize this sign, I do the same thing all the time now. Over half the room looks at him and then he            quickly lies back down as quickly as he stood up.

            “Don’t do that!” He tells me in a panic.

            “I’m sorry,” I tell him. He looks away at me trying to calm down. “Are you okay?” I ask.

            “Yeah, I’m fine. I just get scared easily when people touch me unexpectedly like that.”

            “Really?”

            “Yeah…”

            “I’m the same way,” I tell him.

            “Really?” He looks up, surprised.

            “I was going to tell you why I’m here before that happened.”

            “Oh okay,” he tells me. He starts to look at me, I think I got his attention finally.

            “I’ve dealt with depression in the past, but more so when my parents divorced. My mom kicked my dad out and that hurt me because I have always been really close to my dad over my mom. Just a few months after that happened my mom kicks my older brother out when he turned 18.”

            “Mhm.” He is still looking at me so that’s a good sign.

            “I was really close with my brother as well, so losing my dad and my brother within a couple of months was really tough. My mom tried putting me on depression medication, but it hardly worked. I started to feel okay earlier this school year, but it didn’t last long.

            “Why?” He asks.

            “I got a job at a market in town, but my first day didn’t go as planned. Near the end of my shift a man grabbed me and threw in the back of his companies’ van and raped me.” A few tears fled my eyes as Trevor’s ears perked up.

            “You were raped?”

            “Yes,” I said. He looked away.

            “I was too,” he said softly. Oh my god, another person who was raped as well.

            “Oh no.” I feel bad for him because I know what it was like.

            “Yeah, my father did it to me several times.” Man, that’s even worse, a family member doing it to you.

            “I’m assuming you were glad when people found out and brought him to justice.”

            “Well, that’s the thing. He is still on the loose.

            “Oh, well that’s not good. I hope the son-of-a-b***h is captured soon.”

            “Yeah. Me too. The last time update my mom and I heard was about five days was when some kid identified he was raped at the Hill City Market by him back in November.” My mouth just literally dropped and my brain just went to goo.

            “Hold on, hold on, hold on just one minute!” I said in a panic.

            “What?” He seemed freaked out by my actions.

            “Is your dad, Jeffrey Thompson?”

            “Yes?” He tells me. Oh my f*****g god. No way!  “Why?”

            “I’m the kid he raped at the market back in November!” Trevor’s mouth dropped instantly and I just came to the realization that I am talking to my rapist’s son!

            “My father was the one who raped you?”

            “Yes!” I said kind of loudly.

            “I’m so sorry, Kyle.” His head drooped down and tears flooded with anger. “That m**********r!” He yells. Everyone is the room looks over at us. Trevor’s facial expression just read ‘oh no, I fucked up’. Victoria starts to walk over to us. “Why did I say that?!” He wails to me. He starts to cry a little. “Every f*****g time!” He tells me. He drops his face into his arms.

            “What’s going on here guys?” Victoria asks.

            “Don’t blame him. Please.” I plead. I get up and start to walk away. As I walk away I motion Victoria to me, she follows.

            “So what’s going on?” She asks me.

            “Trevor just realized that the same person who raped him, raped me as well.” I explain to her.

            “Oh, okay, and now he is angry at him?”

            Yes.”

            “Okay, I understand. Thank you Kyle.” As she is walking away I noticed that she is marking something on her clipboard. I god hope that she’s not marking anything bad for Trevor or I. Because if she does, I’m going to flip s**t. 



© 2015 John Duprey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on June 13, 2015
Last Updated on June 13, 2015

The First Day


Author

John Duprey
John Duprey

Northfield , VT



About
John Duprey, that is my name. I reside in Vermont and I'm currently working on my first novel, The First Day. I'm a Vermont portrait and landscape photographer. I'm 19 years old and my interests vary .. more..

Writing
Gas Gas

A Poem by John Duprey