The Truth is Relieved- Chapter 12- February 1st, 1 PM

The Truth is Relieved- Chapter 12- February 1st, 1 PM

A Chapter by John Duprey
"

After barely getting a pulse. EMTs rush Kyle to the hospital. How is he going to take to that his suicide attempt failed?

"

            I open my eyes. What happened? I look around. I see my family. My Mom, my Dad, my Grandmother and Brad were all standing around me. I gasp. I try moving. What am I doing here? I’m dead, aren’t I?

“We need a doctor!” my mom yells outside of the room. “He’s awake!” Everyone is trying to hold me still. I start freaking out trying to get out of there. Then, I feel sleepy again, I slip into unconsciousness.

Again, I open my eyes and see my mom and Dad standing beside me. I lie still. “He should be stable now.” A man told my parents. He looks like a doctor. I look around the room and look at myself. I’m hooked up to machines and see my wrist all bandaged and gauzed up. I’m confused. Am I in the hospital?

Thank you, doctor,” my Dad tells him as he is leaving the room.

 “Honey, I’m glad you’re okay,” my Mom tells me.

“You gave us more than quite a scare,” my Dad leaned in and told me. I haven’t seen my Dad in almost a year. My mind races. Did my plan backfire? I committed suicide, how am I here?

 

            I can’t talk because I guess the doctors just took me out of a coma and took out a breathing tube from my throat so it hurts to talk. I spend the next two hours hearing my parents talk about how they almost lost me. But, didn’t they? Isn’t this a dream?

 

            I sleep for the next day or so. When I was finally starting to wake up the doctors told me it was okay for me to try to start talking. I see my parents with Brad standing in the room.

            I look at my mom. I know what I tried to do more than likely crushed my family. I feel bad, but I still don’t understand how I failed. I slowly open my mouth and try to speak. “What happened?” I say very softly. It feels like I haven’t spoken in over months.

            “Honey, why did you do this?” My mom asked me. I look away. I don’t want to face reality. This is real. It’s not a dream like I hoped it to be.

            “What happened?” I ask again, this time a little louder. It hurts to raise my voice. My Mom has a tear coming into her eye, but she tries to hide it. I can tell she doesn’t want to hurt me. She finally looks up at me.

            “On the day you tried to commit suicide,” she chokes a little in her voice. She is starting to cry. It’s hard for her to spit it out. “The school called my work about 8:30 that morning telling me you were missing from school. They told me that you went to the bathroom and then they couldn’t find you anymore.” She breathes. She tries to calm herself down. “I thought it was unusual that you would ditch school, so for my better judgment, I went home to check to see if you were there. When I walked in and called for your name, I didn’t hear anything, then I saw your suicide note, and-,” She started crying again. I really hurt her, I hate seeing my Mom cry. “You were laying there, in blood.” Her head drooped down and she started to sob. My Dad took her into a hug.

            I felt so bad. Look what I caused. Makes feel even worse, and more I want to do it all over again.  

            “What happened after that?” I ask out loud.

            Brad came over and got close to me.

            “As you probably assumed, Mom called for an ambulance.” Bad mistake Mom, why wouldn’t you have just left me there? “You were dead when paramedics arrived. Miraculously, they finally got a pulse after twenty minutes working on you at the house.” You went into cardiac arrest many times from when they took you from the house up to the first twenty-four hours of being here.” Brad seems calm. “You’re really lucky, Kyle.” I can tell he is trying to fight back tears.

            “How long have I been here?” I ask.

            “You have been here twenty-six days, and you have been in a coma for twenty-three of those days.” My Dad tells me.

            “I’m sorry” I’m sorry is all I tell them. I feel so bad for them. I can’t believe what I’ve done to them.

            “We just don’t understand, Kyle. What made you do this?” My Mom cries out in tears to’ me.

             “Honey, he will tells when he is ready.” My Dad tells her while rubbing her back and comforting her.

            “You have had many blood transfusions because you lost so much blood.” Brad tells me.   I feel a few tears go down my face. I don’t know how I’m crying. I feel so bad, but I still don’t want to be here, living.



© 2015 John Duprey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm glad Kyle is okay. I'm sure his parents are going to pay way more attention to him now because of this.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Kyle, you are breathing and living. You are not dead. My heart hasn't stopped. YES! But, he should tell his whole family like right now. Aloha! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


John Duprey

8 Years Ago

Have to keep reading and find out. :)
Linds

8 Years Ago

Post more so I can find out before the end of the day! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 19, 2015
Last Updated on May 20, 2015

The First Day


Author

John Duprey
John Duprey

Northfield , VT



About
John Duprey, that is my name. I reside in Vermont and I'm currently working on my first novel, The First Day. I'm a Vermont portrait and landscape photographer. I'm 19 years old and my interests vary .. more..

Writing
Gas Gas

A Poem by John Duprey