Chapter 2- A Flame that still burns

Chapter 2- A Flame that still burns

A Chapter by Hazel Stone

                              Chapter 2-Hazel

   The rest of the week was the same yet no getting in trouble role, but sure enough we would do something stupid together this weekend since my dad was gone for those two days and my mother died giving birth to me so I have no mother. He was out in Virginia doing business work; he told me the house was mine for those days so, me and everyone are having a double night sleepover. Sunday we were going shopping in New York City since I have two hundred dollars in my wallet that hasn’t been touched in months.

 

     I got up early Saturday to clean up the house.Glanceing at the clock every five minutes to see if it was 12:30.Sure enough time went by. I squealed excitedly from the bathroom as the door bell rang, I stood putting the chemicals in the cabinet under the sink along with my gloves. I darted to the door and yanked it open. Chrissie had a bag slung over her shoulder and was whereing a cute purple dress and her hair was pulled back in a ponytail. I grabbed her arm and pulled her inside welcoming her with a hug.

 

    “It’s nice to see you to” she laughed as I let go of her and stood back. “Hi” I said looking back at the clock on the wall, surprised to see it was 12:30 on the dot. I turned looking at her eyebrows raised, “You saved me from cleaning the bathroom” I said turning into the living room and falling on the couch. “You are the first one” I said stretching, well more like reaching for the Bose controller so I could blast the song live while were young.

 

     “You’re not planning on blasting music are you” Chrissie asked, I got up snatching the controller. “Oh yes I am” I answered clicking play and the surround sound blasted One Direction music. My jaw dropped at how amazing it felt to blast music, “The walls are vibrating” Chrissie yelled over the music. I looked at her smiling

   “I know right”

   “You don’t know how long I’ve waited to do this” I yelled as loud as I could since the music was so loud. “Um I can tell” Chrissie said putting her bag down. Then I thought I heard the door bell ring so I went to the door and opened it. Kahlan was standing there gaping and Anne was behind her eyebrows raised. I opened the door wider and allowed them in. I bent down pausing the song.

   “Could you blast that any louder” Anne asked sarcastically putting her bag down. “Of course”-“Hey how about we turn it down a little, or we’ll all go deaf” Anne interrupted. Then there was a loud bang on the door I silently walked to it and opened it. My neighbor was not really happy looking. “DO YOU MIND I’M TRYING TO SLEEP” he roared I smiled a little.

 “Just having some fun”

 “YEAH, WELL HAVE FUN WITH MUSIC THAT DOESN’T SHAKE THE WALLS”

 

   I flinched as I slowly closed the door and I turned to my friends, “Yeah that went well” I said walking in the living room. “Any suggestions for dinner?” I asked changing the subject and specifically looking at Kahlan.

 

    Later on we ended up on the couch playing, truth or dare. For us we don’t just say which one and all who cares we tell the truth and we do the dares. I was waiting for Kahlan to think of a dare. She smiled all of a sudden and looked at me.

  “I dare you to, Sing the ABCs as loud as you can outside” she turned glancing at the group of Adults gathered outside who were all talking. I sighed giving her the evil eye then I got up opening the door and stopped at the steps leading to my houses porch. “Bow too” Kahlan added, I turned looking at them like this is ridiculous. A sixteen year old singing her ABC’s.

 

   “A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R.S,T,U,V,W,X,Y and Z. Now I know my ABC’s next time won’t you sing with me” I sang as loud as I could then I finished with a bow. The adults looked at me like I was stupid, feeling embraced I turned walking back in the house.

 “My turn” I said evilly.

 

  “Kahlan, I dare you to get in the shower, cloths on and yodel under freezing water for five minutes. If you do it dinner is your choice” I said eyes narrowing, she thought considering it. She jumped heading to the bathroom. Chrissie laughed heavily and we all followed her. No doubt she would do it.

 

  She went in the shower and waited for a minute. Chrissie took her phone getting ready to time it, “Go” she laughed, and I turned the freezing cold water on. She started to yodel as loud as she could. Me and Anne were dying of laughter. I fell to the floor crying. “Time” Chrissie yelled. Kahlan stepped out of the shower soaking wet.

   “Oh good cause now, I’M GOING TO SHOVE YOUR HEAD DOWN THE TOILET” she yelled at me.     “Hey just think dinner is on you” I pointed out; She still was made at me. Chrissie smiled turning to me “truth or dare?” she asked me, “Yeah umm Dare” I said we never choose dare as you notice. “I dare you too eat a bowl of something I make you” she said running in the kitchen.

  “Anne it’s your turn” Chrissie yelled, Anne turned looking at Kahlan. “I dare you to speak Irish all day tomorrow while we shop” Anne watched as Kahlan smiled and the Kahlan turned to me.

 

    “Pizza and then we go hit some ice cream” I nodded going back in the living room and getting the phone out, but Chrissie came back with a bowl setting it in front of me. The bowl was fill with melting black and brown with yellow showing. I covered my mouth. “What is that?” I asked disgusted by the bowl of crap. “One bit” she said as Anne and Kahlan crowded to see it.I hesitantly took the spoon getting a spoonful. “Just close my eye” I hissed as I squashed my eyes shut bringing the spoon to my mouth then ate it.

I jumped up after I swallowed it going to the bathroom and vomiting. I went back in the living room and sat on the couch.

 “My turn”

 

                           ………………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

At around nine we were all up, with music playing softly. I was singing/falling asleep. “It would be cool if we tried out for the X-Factor” Kahlan said, I looked up at her nodding. “We would make it” Anne said smiling, “And then our surprise being meeting one direction” Chrissie added, I sighed imagining my reaction.

  “We have dreams” I said softly, it was silent for a moment. “Potatoes!” Kahlan screeched as loud as she could, we burst into explosions of laughter automatically. “Remember that time in Art when you yelled that, everyone was laughing so hard” I remembered.

 

“Yeah then I was sent to the principles” Kahlan laughed. “Okay if we became famous one day what would we call ourselves?” Chrissie asked, Anne sat up thinking “I’ve got it the……Girls”.

  “Wait, what about The Beats. So it’s like our name gets you into the Beat” Kahlan said reaching for another oreo.I thought about the songs I wrote they go along with the name perfectly.

 

 “Yeah you know what, I like that too” I agreed. “One day our dreams will come true, the flame still burns” I added.

 



© 2013 Hazel Stone


Author's Note

Hazel Stone
yes there are mistakes

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice. :D You've done a great job with the characters. ^_^ Great chapter!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Awesome sleepover

Posted 11 Years Ago


everyone reading this, guess what?
I am Kahlan! but my name is really Kadessa. did you know all of these characters are based off of Hazels friends? its cool!
btw yes i eat, ALOT, and i might be on a bit of a sugar rush right now :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

What does that mean
Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

Laugh like Niall
As in Niall Horan from one direction
As in my blonde haired, blue eye.. read more
Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

Ohh like I said I'm not really into 1D *bashful look*
hurry up! please.
i got eight more giant kit-kats today! ready for another sugar rush?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! please?
Hazel Stone

11 Years Ago

whats your fav part?????????
Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

its all amazing, and funny, and soooo us! i cant wait for MORE!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

442 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 12, 2013
Last Updated on January 20, 2013


Author

Hazel Stone
Hazel Stone

El puerto de santa maria, Spain



About
Some things about me- *I love to Write and read *I love Action and adventure (anything that is unordinary COUNT ME IN) *Love ROMANCE * Fav color is ocean blue *never ever experianced a first Kiss.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hazel Stone


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hazel Stone


Capter 3 Capter 3

A Chapter by Hazel Stone