Chapter 11-Moments

Chapter 11-Moments

A Chapter by Hazel Stone

“Hi mum.” Niall answers his phone. I lay across the uncomfortable plane seats, my head lying in his lap. “No, we have not left yet, they have been delayed.” He pauses; I just can’t make out what his mom is saying. “No, she’s asleep.” I feel his hand run through my hair slowly. “She’s doing better, I found the blade she was using and made sure to hide it from her.” Suddenly, a woman’s voice chimes over the plane.

                “Please turn off all electronics and buckle your seatbelts, we are about to leave.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                “Ready?” Niall asks, glancing over his shoulder. I can hear the fans scream from inside the airport.

                “No.” I simply state, bringing a smile to his face. He pulls me along with him. This time, it’s the fans who stand out. While most people walking around the small airport wear jeans, boots, and a sweatshirt, these girls wear heels and fancy skirts. I find my mom, quickly walking towards us. No words are exchanged; she just hugs me, her face in my neck. She finally steps back, her arms still on my shoulders.

`               “Hey baby.” Her voice is horse, probably from crying “look at you, it’s only been a month or so and you look so grown up.” How does old jeans, boots, a sweatshirt, and my hair in a sloppy ponytail look grown up? “Well, your uncle is waiting in the car, lets grab your bags and get going. “

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                I sit on the bed in my old room at the farm house. I hear talking, and actually some laughter, downstairs. My simple dress is black underneath with grey lace over it. The long sleeves cover the red cuts on my arms. A soft nock brings my attention away from my deep thoughts. “Come in.” I barley whisper, my voice cracking. Niall's head peeks in, his hair lying perfectly.  He wears a black suit with a grey tie to match the lace on my dress.

                “How are you doing?” he asks, closing the door and sitting next to me. I just stare at my hands in my lap. “Hey, can you look at me.” water fills my eyes and I look at him through blurry vision. “You are going to make it through this, I am here for you.” a car pulls up outside and I look out to see my cousins truck. The girls are here! I jump off of the bed and run down stairs and out the door and fly into Chrissie’s arms. She hugs me tight and I can’t keep back a sob. Anne and Hazel join in the hug, forming a circle around me.

                “We are here for you.” Chrissie whispers in my ear. We finally step back and Niall finds my hand.

                “It’s time for us to go.” I get in one of the hearse, sitting between Niall and Chrissie, Hazel and Anne sitting across from us. The ride to the funeral home is silent, and I try to keep the tears back. We file out of the car and find our seats in the front row, my father’s simple wooden coffin sitting in front of us. I stare blankly, not listening to what anyone says, as people take turns talking about how amazing he was, tears flow freely down my cheeks.

                The funeral finally ends and they open the coffin for us to say our goodbyes. My hands continue to shake, stupid anxiety. I wait till most of the family has gone to the coffin before I slowly walk up, falling to my knees next to the coffin and crying into my hands. I hear a camera nearby and see a flash out if the corner of my eye. I look up to see Niall push a reporter back.

                “Back off!” he yells, the funeral house going quiet. “She lost her father to protect the country you live in, to keep you free!” his face starts turning red with anger. “Have some ******* decency and give her some privacy.” Niall’s arm slowly points to the door. “Get out.” The reporter and his camera man scramble away and I just sit, staring.

 

                I still sit in front of the coffin, not wanting to leave. My uncle had gone back to the farmhouse to get me my sweats and Niall’s jacket. I cross my arms on the edge, laying my head down and letting the tears come freely, my choking sobs filling the silent room. Suddenly, Niall’s at my side, an arm draped over my shoulders.

                “Let’s go home, it’s getting late.” I quickly wrap my arms around his neck, burying my face in the crook of his neck. He lifts me, like a toddler so I am still facing him, my legs wrapped around his waist, and he hugs me as he walks to the truck. He climbs in, sitting me sideways in his lap.

                “How is she doing?” I hear Anne’s voice come from the driver seat. Niall simply shakes his head as my tears stain his shirt. He lifts me back out of the car when we get to the farm house again like a toddler. He carries me in and walks strait to my old bedroom, ignoring the rest of the people gathered in the living room. He closes the door behind him and sits on the bed, still holding me close. My tears still flow freely.

                “I miss him so much.” I manage to stutter between choking sobs. My whole body shakes as I cry, Niall running his fingers through my hair and softly shushing me in my ear. I feel like a child, being held and shushed.

                “I know love; it’s going to be hard for the next few months. This is going to all be a struggle. Go brush your teeth and get ready for bed.” He gets me to stand up and I slowly walk to the bathroom. I don’t feel good; then again, I have not eaten all day. My vision swims and I feel myself stumble and Niall catches me, grabbing my lower arms. I flinch back causing Niall’s eyes to fill with concern. He quickly pulls up the sleeves of the jacket and stares at the fresh cuts I made this morning. The pain in his eyes stares at me, tears adding to more tears. We both sink to our knees, him still holding my arms.

                “Niall,” a new sob escapes my throat. “I am so sorry; I just couldn’t seem to stop myself.” He pulls me in, holding my head to his shoulder lovingly

                “I know Kahlan; I know how hard it is.” He whispers right in my ear. “It’s going to be ok; I know you’re going to make it through this.” With that he lifts me, wedding style and carries me to bed. He tucks me in, kissing my forehead.

                “Goodnight love.” He says before leaving.

 

 

Part 2

 

                Where am I? All I can see is desert, it surrounds me. I look to my right to find a group on patrol, a U.S. military group. I break out into a run, heat tearing at me. I finally reach them to find my dad, standing among the front.

                “Daddy!” I call out joy filling me. He doesn’t hear me at first so I call out again. “Daddy, it’s me!” he turns and looks at me, a huge smile finding his lips. I am thrown backwards, on the ground, blood scattering along the ground. I sit up, a pain in my side and crawl to the bodies. I finally find my dad, the only recognizable part being his dog tag with a picture of me. I sit up and scream his bloody face unrecognizable.

                Like a rush, I am back in my room at the farm house. Sweat sits on my face and I continue to yell out. I feel powerful arms around me, holding me close.

                “Shhh.” Niall whispers in my ear in a rhythmic pattern. “Hey, it’s ok, it was just a dream.” He whispers, his rhythmic rocking soothing. I finally stop, only to lightly whimper.

                “Is she ok?” I look up to see my mom rushing to the bed. “Oh baby, did you have a night terror?” her cool hand comes to my forehead, concern crossing her face. “She is burning up, I am going to go get something to bring that fever down.” with that, she rushes out of the room. Niall scoots behind me on the bed, sitting cross legged and pulling me into his lap sideways. I lay my head on his shoulder, an occasional whimper comes. My mom brings in a pill and some water, insisting I take it. “I am going to go back to bed, wake me if you need me.” my mom says more to Niall than me. I find myself drifting to sleep and finally give in, even though I don’t want to.

 

                I pull the reins back on my horse, teardrop. Last night I woke a total of ten times, each time screaming and shaking. In look over at hazel, ridding my mom’s horse, Penelope. We sit at the top of a hill, looking out at the early sunrise. I wear jeans, a tank top, and Niall’s purple jacket. I love this jacket, it’s loose, comfortable, and it smells like him.

                “So, I heard last night was a struggle.” Hazel says into the silence. I just stare ahead. I don’t remember mush of last night. All I remember is sitting in Niall’s lap, his arms around me as I whimper and cry. “Niall told me he found new cuts on your arms.” I turn my head down in shame. “Kahlan, I know it’s hard, but you are a very stubborn and hard headed girl. You can’t let this stop you.”

                “I know.” Is all I choke out. “I didn’t think it would be this hard. I miss him every day and cry every night. “An icy tear streaks my face. “I never thought I would be here, that I would be like this. Depression is like a never ending cloudy day, you can’t just shake it off.” I look into her soft brown eyes. “Only a few days ago, I tried to jump from the recording studio. I wanted to die.”

 

                I lay on the couch watching TV, Niall sitting in front of me. I run my fingers through his hair, like he has done to mine. Nothing like a Toy Story marathon. The doorbell rings and Niall looks at me confused. We dropped the girls off at the airport about an hour ago. He jumps up to open the door.

                “Uh, is Kahlan here?” and all too familiar voice asks. I sit up to look at the grey eyes of my childhood friend.

                “Gage!” I yell, jumping up and running to the door to give him a hug.

                “Hey you,” he quickly runs his fingers over my hair, messing it up. “Long time, no see.” It’s been about three years since I moved and I lost his number, and my phone, in the move. I step back and Niall's fingers slid between mine. Is he jealous?  “I heard about your dad, and that you’re in town, so I wanted to come check on you.”

                “I’m struggling but I have a huge support team who are working to keep me on my feet.” I say, my eyes wandering his face, that same boyish face he has had since he was five.

                “Ok, one question.” He says, brows slightly creased. “Is that Niall from one direction?” oh ya, he has a younger sister. She should be about thirteen.

                “Uh, ya.” I mutter. “He is…” I trail off, looking up into Niall’s eyes. “My boyfriend.” I finish a smile on my face.

                “Well, hi.” Gage holds out his right hand and they shake hands. “I’m Gage, I grew up with Kahlan. I live across the way, the farmhouse about a mile away.”

                “We are watching Toy Story, want to join us?” I ask. He nods and follows us to the couch. I sit between him and Niall.

                “So, the beats huh?” he asks. Niall’s phone vibrates and he pulls it out, acting uninterested in our conversation.

                “Oh, ya. That’s gone international hasn’t it?” I question, getting a nod in response. “I always have enjoyed singing, and met three amazing girls to sing with.”

                “Uh, Kahlan.” Niall speaks up, concerned. “I think there might be a problem.” He holds up his phone, showing the picture of us on the airplane, my laying across his lap as he talks on the phone, running his fingers through my hair. He swipes his finger to show the picture of us walking, hand and hand off the airplane. “Zayn sent them to me, there’s more.” I take the phone and move to the next picture of him pushing a reporter, me crying in the back. And another of him carrying me out of the funeral house last night. I tap on a website link to read the top story.

                One Direction and a Beat?

Niall Horan was caught escorting Kahlan in the past few days. He joined her and the other beats girls at Kahlan’s father’s funeral. When a reporter tried to take a picture of Kahlan crying in front of the coffin, the British boy band singer got extremely angry and pushing the reporter back. Kahlan, the girl group singer, seems to be very close to him. Is this a new relationship? How will this play out with the outer beats girls and the rest of one direction?

                My phone rings from the table, playing Niall’s solo in little things. I blush and quickly grab my phone, answering it.

                “Hey Hazel.” I answer, lacking enthusiasm.

                “Did you see the stories and pictures going around about you and Niall?” she asks quickly.

                “Ya, Zayn sent us pictures and I’ve already read one of the stories. I was hoping we could keep this quiet for a little while longer.” I say, running my fingers through my messy hair.

                “Well, we are going to have to tell about our little relationships soon.” She says.

                “How though, do we just come out with it and tell in an interview, or send out a video message.”  I ask, trying to be a little creative. I hear the boy’s song, They Don’t Know About Us come on in the background.

                “Anne, turn that down! I’m on the phone!” Hazels yells. They don’t know about us. “sorry about that.”

                “don’t be, you just gave me an idea.” I say excitedly. “the press, fans, and anyone else who cares don’t know about us yet, they don’t know we are going out.”

                “ya…..” she trails of clearly confused.

                “They don’t know about us, we make a video to the song They Don’t Know About Us with the boys.” Niall looks over at me, a small smile on his lips.

                “That’s a great idea!” Hazel bubbles.

 

Part three

                We watched the first Toy Story all the way through, and about half through the second one, I started getting tired. I remember watching the other toys try to save woody before I doze off.

                The wind blows across my face, blowing back my hair. I open my eyes to look down at the busy streets of New York. People below don’t notice me standing here, alone. I just want all this pain to end. Niall runs out and stops dead in his tracks. Worry bringing a frown to his face.

                “Kahlan.” He mutters, tears filling his eyes. My hands shake as I look back over the building. I hear the door and look back to see Hazel, followed by Anne and Chrissi. They all breathe heavily and stare at me.

                “don’t come any closer or I will jump.” I numbly say as Hazel tries to come closer.

                “No, don’t move Hazel.” Niall cautions. It’s nice to know he cares so much.

                “Kahlan I don’t want you to jump.” she says, pain in her eyes "I once new a friend, and her name was Amilia. She was my friend for seven years and she was the only friend I had, She told me that the only way to solve life’s problems was to talk them through with someone. I was so busy worrying about my problems I wasn’t able to see the change in her. it turned out that she watched her father get murdered, he was pulled out of the car and stabbed eight times, and was killed instantly. Two days later she begged me to jump off a bridge with her and I was in the same situation I am in right now. I had told her that there was more to life than this, and that it didn't have end like this. But she turned to me, and swore to me that I would die a horrible painful death, for someone I loved. I realize now that what she said was a truth" she continues to walk so she stands next to me. “Friends don’t do stupid stuff alone.” Chrissi and Anne join her. Niall comes to my other side and takes my hand.

                “i'd rather die than live without you.” he stares into my eyes. They would jump with me, I can’t do that.

                “no I don't want you to all die" I say, "I'll live if it’s what you want" I step back and they follow.

                “of course that’s what we want.” Anne says. Niall comes and gives me a huge hug.

                “you have the worst habit of scaring me.” he says. They walk away from the edge as cops bust through the door.

                “Hazel Stone, you are arrested.” One man says.

                “for what?” Hazel snaps at him.

"For murdering a man" my eyes widened,

"You're crazy I would never kill someone” Hazel pleas.

 "What do you mean she literally just like saved a life" Anne says. The officer jerks her arms back and I hear handcuffs click, meaning it was tight around her wrists,

"Oh try telling that to the judge" the man hisses. He pulls on her, causing her to fall forward in pain.

“Be careful, she just came out of the hospital.” I say pushing the cop. He shoves me back and I fall over the building. Everything begins to go in slow motion. Niall lunges forward to grab my hand but is a moment too late. As I fall I let out a scream.

I sit up quickly screaming out. Niall runs into my room and hugs me tightly. Gage follows, very scared. They sit on either side of me as I whimper into Niall’s chest.

“Kahlan, it was just a night terror.” He whispers in my ear. I shake nonstop, I feel so overwhelmed right now. I finally stop whimpering but can’t stop shaking. “did you remember to take your anxiety meds this morning?” I shake my head. “that’s ok.” Niall say's, reaching behind him to grab the pill bottle off of my side table. He pours out a pill and hands one to me, grabbing the bottle of water and handing it to me to. I quickly take the pill and we sit there, Niall holding me, now in his lap, me hiding my face in his chest as I just try to let myself calm down.

“is she asleep?” Gage asks. I just stay where I am, staying quiet and keeping my eyes closed.

“I think so.” Niall replies, shifting slightly.

“is this a reoccurring thing?” he questions, worry clear in his voice.

“ya,” Niall pulls my hair back, hooking it behind my ear. “she woke a total of ten times last night. Each time the same screaming, shaking, sometimes a fever.” I hear Niall sniffle. “I am really worried about her, she’s not sleeping, she hasn’t eaten anything since two days ago, and she just doesn’t seem herself.” I feel a tear fall on my arm and Niall sniffles again. Niall’s crying because he is scared about me. I open my eyes and look up at him. “you heard all of that didn’t you?” I nod and reach up, my hand finding his cheek. With my thumb, I sweep away the tear. He leans down, his lips meeting mine in a soft, simple kiss.

“I love you.” he whispers in my ear.

 

 



© 2013 Hazel Stone


Author's Note

Hazel Stone
All in Kahlans POV
Please give your thanks to Kadessa(Kaddy) for writing this shes is very talented and i Cryed reading this,
thankyou Kadessa

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

More soon pweeeaaaseee?
Liiike now?D:

Posted 11 Years Ago


Why do you add some to the next chapter and not publish it. Grrrrrr

Posted 11 Years Ago


Awwww I never relized how cute the end is. And hazel, you are oh so very welcome!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jan
Awww~ adorable!!! This is so cute!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2013
Last Updated on March 13, 2013


Author

Hazel Stone
Hazel Stone

El puerto de santa maria, Spain



About
Some things about me- *I love to Write and read *I love Action and adventure (anything that is unordinary COUNT ME IN) *Love ROMANCE * Fav color is ocean blue *never ever experianced a first Kiss.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hazel Stone


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hazel Stone


Capter 3 Capter 3

A Chapter by Hazel Stone