Chapter 6-Pressure

Chapter 6-Pressure

A Chapter by Hazel Stone
"

The Beats preform in L.A

"

   Chapter 6-Kahlan

Why must an airplanes food have to be so horribly truly disgusting? I am one who cherishes moments with food not one who is picky. I sat by Anne who gripped her seat for dear life, not to mention her super bad fear of heights, I was scared of snakes I don’t see how anyone could possibly love them, Hazel Is so scared of clowns that she automatically gets paralyzed, I don’t really know what Chrissies afraid of but If I ask, she just shakes her head. We learned my fear when Chrissie tried to hand me a snake while we were camping, I ended up screaming grabbing it and throwing it off into the forest. We took Hazel to a haunted house and literally had to drag her out.

 Anne was not taking the plane ride so well. Hazel sat four seat behind us and she sat by some random fat man who kept yelling for food. Chrissie sat across from me and Anne she sat by Russell who fell asleep and was now drooling, she was drawing on his face with a permanent marker. So his cheek said ‘I like them butts! Whoot whoot’ wait until he woke up and saw that.

“The plane is now landing so please remain in your seats and turn all electronics off, thank you” the pilot said into the speakers, I put my seatbelt on. “WHERE’S THAT FRIED CHIKEN” the fat man by Hazel yelled, she groaned loudly, “God save me now” she cried just as the man passed gas. I busted out laughing just as Chrissie did. “Hey lady is there any spare seats!” she yelled to the flight attendant, “Sorry no, but the plane is landing now so”-“I need another seat now, before I suffocate” she growled at her, this time Anne joined in laughing.

Once the plane landed we got up and Hazel fell on the aisle floor gasping for air. I laughed harder “LLK” I said to Chrissie which I made up, it stood for laugh like Kahlan. Hazel crawled to me and hugged my legs “It was smelly, claustrophobic and deadly” she said standing.

“I could have died and you would have still been laughing at me” Hazel exclaimed. “Hey what about sleeping beauty?” Chrissie said, we looked at the asleep drooling manager; sad part was he was our manager. “I say we leave him and hit a pizza joint” I offered. “Those in favor of leaving sleeping beauty say, I” Hazel said being the first to say it, me coming second Chrissie last. “Oh c’mon” Anne said stepping forward and shaking him. He was still out, I stepped forward slapping the side of his face “time to get up sleeping beauty” I yelled, he jumped waking up.

“Sorry was just napping” he said getting up, “You have some…Saliva right here” Chrissie said pointing to the side of her mouth. Quickly embarrassed he wiped it away and stepped into the aisle. We followed behind him out of the plane, he jerked back to the pretty flight attendant. “Thank you for the water” He smiled at her She smiled and then frowned at him, his little cheek message occurred to her.

We laughed as we turned to walk in the airport. “That was weird she smiled and then frowned like I did something to her. “Just Cheeky” Chrissie said shaking her head and we laughed. He turned to face us “Are you girls okay” he asked.

“Just having teenage friend bonding time” I answered and he nodded and kept walking deeper in the air port. People took one good look at him and laughed he seemed confused. He went off to the restroom while we sat in the food court waiting for Hazel to bring the food we ordered. after that I wanted to grab a quick coffee from star bucks. We sat at the table enjoying our nice cheap 7:30 dinner, McDonalds. Russell sat down in a chair grumpily his face cleaned from the little message.

“Thank you for officially embarrassing me, girls” he said taking a swipe at his coke and then taking his big Mac. “Cheeky” he huffed shaking his head. “So we need to go to the Loews Santa Monica beach hotel, you girls have a palm suite” he said, he reached in his pocket and handing Anne a folded bunch of papers. “Give that to the front desk if needed and you will get two card keys. And good luck getting through the fans” he explained, “I must meet with a press to tell them…None ya” he decided he got up throwing his garbage out.

“Here’s a credit card your password is your names” he said softly, “take a taxi” he called walking out of sight. Oh great we had to deal with fans, already.

After grabbing a quick coffee we waited for a taxi. Chrissie jumped up running alongside a taxi while it was driving. “Hey stop” she yelled waving her hand in the air, the taxi slowed to a stop and the man rolled his window down. She spoke to the man before waving to us to come. Once our stuff was in the trunk of the car we started to go in the back seat. I was in the middle of Hazel and Chrissie and Anne sat in the passenger seat. We felt a little uncomfortable in another man’s car but still once we were in sight of the on beach hotel our jaws dropped to the floor. Hundreds of people blocked the entrance to the hotel.

“Anne goes first” I volunteered her but the door on Hazels side was yanked open and she was pulled out by like 50 people. “OK THIS IS GOING TO BE A SMALL PROBLEM” she yelled trying to get up I slid out and helped her to her feet Guards pushed through the crowd to help us. Chrissie got out along with Anne. Some girl grabbed my hoodie, yanking me back, and then screamed “OH MY GOD IF SHE’S GOING TO BE FAMOUS I TOUCHED HER” I pulled free looking for an escape route. “I NEED SPACE” Hazel screamed as girls asked billions of questions. Guards grabbed on too us pulling us through, Chrissie kept falling and people were trying to snatch her hat. I was yanked back a couple times and then girls would scream that they touched me. Girls kept asking me if I was Irish but I kept ignoring them. See fact, half the girls were begging us to fake accents for some random reason.

We entered the hotel finally and the fans were held back by guards. Hazel fixed her hoodie and we sat on the couch in the lobby waiting for our stuff to be brought in. “Well that was a first fan experience” I said eyes wide. “Not even an aisle made for us” Anne said, “One grabbed on to me and was like, I don’t really like Zayne so you can have him, I was like umm how did you know I liked Zayne, stalker” Chrissie said. “Guys there going to memorize us like they know us as a person, like crazy fan’s do for one Direction” Anne said as our stuff was brought in.

“Hi you must be the…” a hotel worker trailed off and I finished it “The Beats”. “Here are your card keys and this packet tells you where your suite is, enjoy” the man walked off handing Anne the items.

Once we were up in our suite we all sat at the table on the balcony talking about our crazy fans that we have already. “Guy’s if these people say yes our lives will never be the same, we will always be on tour talking to the press putting together albums, and even more. This means we will be together like every day for months, too years” Anne said placing her plate on the table. So a celebration means me ordering a cake, gotta love room service.

“Yeah at least we’ll be together” Chrissie said, taking a mouth full of cake. “What do you think the best thing about touring would be?”Anne asked taking a sip of her water. “The Food” I answered first, and Chrissie cracked up.

“I think traveling the world would be the best. Especially experiencing it with my friends” Chrissie said. Hazel was silent practicing little things on her guitar which really was beautiful background music. She will be under pressure tomorrow when she has to play the guitar without messing up. “What about you Hazel?” I asked and her mouthing the song and me calling her name messed her up. “Being with you guys” she said softly and then started to play the song again. That night around midnight everyone was out except me and Hazel. Well I wasn’t sure about Hazel I couldn’t hear the guitar anymore. She probably fell asleep on her guitar.

I was on my laptop dozing off every so often; reading news articles on us was hard to do when your eyes are half closed. Cookie was asleep on the couch next to me. I logged off and checked on Hazel I shook her and then harder. She looked up confused, “Hazel you’re going to kill your neck” I told her and she nodded getting up just to plop down on the couch and be knocked in seconds, thank goodness Cookie was in my arms. I bet if I told her I woke her up at night she would not remember but anyway I slipped in my bed and fell asleep quickly.

I got up around ten remembering that by four today we would be in front of a crowd singing. I got up when I smelled eggs and bacon. Chrissie and Hazel joked around in the kitchen as they tried making breakfast. “Wait I’m goanna flip it” Hazel said snatching the pan that had a pancake on it. “OWW” she screamed immediately dropping the pan. “You idiot you burnt yourself!” I laughed; she did laugh and stuck her hand under cold water to rinse it.

“Dang that was hot” she said holding her hand up to show that it was red. “Was it, smoking” I asked eyebrows lifting; she didn’t catch at first until she grabbed a wash cloth and through it at me. “I didn’t mean it the perverted way, unless…” she trailed off and we all laughed. I rolled my eyes and started to walk away.

After breakfast we washed up and prepared to meet the crowds again. We walked down the hall until we could see lots of people in the lobby. Chrissie bent over the rail “Vas Happnin peeps” she yelled Anne yanked her back laughing. We entered the elevator and let it go down. I walked down hands in the air” What’s goin on Hollywood” that grabbed people’s attention causing them to cheer.

“I’m so loved” I told Chrissie who smacked me upside the head. We took a limo with Russell this time him sitting in the back with us.

“So girls I’m going to introduce you to your stylists, and they’ll prepare you” he explained, “We only have two hours to be ready and for you to know your entrance’s and what it’s like backstage. You girls are going to love it, and if the professionals decide we are going to have so much fun together!” he yipped, and we all said “Whoa” at the same time. “We are going to”-“um you know what” we all started to interrupt each other. “I don’t mean it that way girls” he yelled on top of us.

After being toured the area and having our selves ready we started to go on stage. Hazel ran on stage jumping around “en toda mi vida” Hazel said looking up and around, Hazel spoke full Spanish thanks to her father and she lived in Spain most of her life.”You speak Spanish” Russell asked and she nodded, “what did you say?” he asked happily. “Umm I said, ‘in all my life’” Hazel answered looking at him stupidly.

“Sorry just got happy” he said looking away, Hazel rolled her eyes personas” which I knew meantpeople’.So we walked across the stage  admiring the  chairs that were set and a long table on the highest floor a window showed it perfectly. “That’s where the proffecinals will be” Russell said noticing my look. “So, wait here are your stylist people, Kahlan meet Ally” Russell said just as a blond haired women shook my hand. “Hazel this is Avalon” she bent over to shake the red heads hand. “Chrissie this is Arianna” Chrissie shook her hand. “And last Anne this is Carmen” Russell said just as Anne shook the women’s hand with a sweet smile.

“So we will show you where the dressing room is and we will also get hair and makeup done for you” the red haired lady said, Avalon. We followed them into the dressing room where they stopped and left to give us privacy. We got dressed whereing light soft green blue and yellow shirt on and normal skinny jeans, I wore brown boots that cut off short on my anckle, and I was the only one whereing a white shirt.Chrisse choose to where the light green shirt her normal shoes. Anne wore the soft yellow shirt, and black jeans. Hazel wore the blue shirt with skinny jeans and black converse shoes.

I got my hair done, with just simple curls and so did Chrissie, Anne and Hazel. So we walked on to the stage the curtains down so that the crowd was blocked. We still heard there loud voices. Russell came to us “So the crowd is not allowed to be loud during your performance, this is your only chance. Don’t be nervous” he said, I rolled my eyes when he walked away, “No Pressure first time in front of a crowd and proffecinals deciding if we suck or not” I said in a low deep voice making only Chrissie laugh nervously.

“You ever get that feeling where your heart is beating so fast it feels like it will just explode?” Hazel asked putting her guitar strap around her. “Yeah” me Anne and Chrissie said at the same time, “Right now” I finished as I sat on a stool next to Chrissie and Anne Hazel sat down on the empty stool at Anne’s side. I squeezed my eyes shut. No pressure, can’t back down this dream only one chance don’t blow it,I told myself panicking as I thought I forgot my parts in little things and waiting on the world to change.

“Chrissie you have the first solo don’t forget” Anne said as Chrissie nodded slightly.”Is it too late to back down” I hissed while some man handed me a microphone, and Anne and Hazel there’s. “Don’t even dare” Anne hissed at me. “Ladies and gentle men we welcome you here today to enjoy a performance by The street singers of new York” a voice boomed into the speakers, “This concert is a decision by proffecinals to decide if these girls deserve their time to shine” the curtains were raised and cheers came from the crowd. The very top meeting room area was lit up and had many people inside close to the glass watching, two had microphones. “Please tell us about yourselves” the one man said into the microphone.

“My name is Chrissie Evans” Chrissie said proudly, “I’ve lived in New York since I was born” she said, “And how old are you?” the man asked. “We all are sixteen” She answered sitting, oh god I’m next. I stood gaining some courage “My name is Kahlan Brooks” I said, “I’ve lived in New York for only three years, and the rest in Oklahoma” I added sitting down. “I’m Anne Archer, I lived in New York all my life” she said into the microphone. Hazel who held her guitar had to bend over, “My name is Hazel Stone, I have lived in New York for only two years and spent the rest in Spain” Hazel leaned back looking to the proffecinals.

“You girls will be singing little things by One Direction and Waiting on the world to change by John Mayer, I preserve” the man said and we all nodded, probably be even scarier to know that one Direction was watching us sing there song, I looked down cheeks burning.

“Please begin” the man said, Hazel nervously started the song nodding her head to keep herself focused. Chrissie bit her lip a little nervous until she brought up her microphone up to her mouth and began the song. Just like on the street she sang Zaynes solo, and then Anne sang Liams and Louis’s solos. Hazel bent forward looking at the crowd and sang Harry’s solo. I almost missed Nialls solo but made a quick come back. Then together we ended the last chorus perfectly. The crowd clapped at the beautiful song.

We stood pushing our stools back and Hazel placed her guitar gently down, she took her microphone and ran to join us for the next song. By the end of Waiting on the world to change we all had gotten use to the sage and crowd. “Ladies and gentle men we have not yet decided if”-“The Beats” I interrupted the man, “yes The Beats will be” the man paused just as two people hissed something in his ear then he smiled.

“Ladies and gentlemen, The Beats are now accepted” We screamed with the crowd, jumping around excitedly. Our Dream had just come true.



© 2013 Hazel Stone


Author's Note

Hazel Stone
please ignore mistakes but please review

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So not true. Some airplane food is really good. Love the chapter!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


:D Nice chapter. ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Coolness bro! I felt claustrophobic just reading about being in that crowd.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh my god, I felt like I was acctually in the crowd, started shaking a little bit LLK. It was amazing as always. Now I cant wait for the next chapter. God, why do I have to be so impatient? PLEASE HURRY!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Omg that is just totally awesome all of it

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jan
Awww yeah!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

why wont you text me?
Jan

11 Years Ago

Sorry love~ I lost my phone
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jan
Kadessa, don't be so imaptient!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

If I stay on track next year I will be in algabra
Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

ya i am a couple years ahead. geometry is a tenth grade math class and it is sooooooooo hard!
Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

:) some people are in Algambra this year so I could see you being two years ahead!
Hurry Up please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

424 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 26, 2013
Last Updated on January 28, 2013


Author

Hazel Stone
Hazel Stone

El puerto de santa maria, Spain



About
Some things about me- *I love to Write and read *I love Action and adventure (anything that is unordinary COUNT ME IN) *Love ROMANCE * Fav color is ocean blue *never ever experianced a first Kiss.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hazel Stone


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hazel Stone


Capter 3 Capter 3

A Chapter by Hazel Stone