Chapter 5- Don't mess with the girls

Chapter 5- Don't mess with the girls

A Chapter by Hazel Stone
"

two airport members anger Hazel and Kahlan

"

     Chapter 5-Kahlan

Food, need food, I thought putting some small kit-Kats in my backpack. My white tea cup poodle, Cookie poked her head out of the backpack.”Shh” I hissed at her trying to fit two more things in the bag. I zipped up the backpack. Cookie moved around uncomfortable. The horn outside beeped and I knew it was the limo waiting for me I hurried outside with all my things, the driver took my suitcase and held his hand for my backpack but I refused to give it to him. I went in the limo and sat on the comfortable leather seats. I was the last one to be picked up and I glanced to the passenger seat as Russell spoke to me. “Backs all yours we should be at the air port in, twenty minutes” he said as I sat beside Chrissie. It was quiet for the first five minutes until Hazel broke the silence.

“This is cool were just Chilin…in a limo” she said pulling the sleeves up on her sweater. We looked at her for a few minutes and she looked away. It was unusual for us to be silent, rarely were we quiet.

“I see you girls will be the calm ones” Russell said turning to look at us. “HA!” Hazel snorted. “That was a good one, just warning you know we are a HANDFULL” Hazel said, Russell turned to the front not convinced. It was way too silent. The car turned and I leaned on my backpack.

“Foooooooooood!” I yelled to cover my dog’s whimper, since I forgot that she was even in there. Chrissie’s eyebrows lifted “your okay right?” she asked concerned.

“Fine just a little hyper, had coffee” I answered quickly. The limo slowed to a stop and we got out I carefully put my backpack on. Anne stared at me “Okay how much food is in there?” she asked, I looked left to right. “Only a little” I answered, trying to hide that my dog was in the backpack (secretly).

We walked side by side heading to the line where our luggage needed to be dropped off. Hazel went first handing her guitar case to the women and the women grabbed it and tossed it on to a small table. “HEY!” she yelled, oh boy. “You better watch it, you break my guitar I’ll snap your wrist off, got it!” She yelled in the women’s face, a guard put his hand on her shoulder but she shoke it off.

“Okay I think I’ll to remove Hazel from this environment before she really snaps a wrist off” Russell said eyes wide at her anger issues, there was no playing around with that girl, when she gets mad she gets mad, I don’t blame her I get mad too and it’s not pretty. Hazel stood there giving the women a death stare.

“Hazel!” Russell said with more force, “Let’s take a quick walk” he added. “I’m taking my own walk, fancy shamancy” she snapped turning on her heels, marching away. So maybe Hazel had a little anger problems with a guitar. I followed her after handing my stuff to Chrissie.

She stood outside hands in her sweater and face burning with anger. “I see the guitar is pretty special” I said standing beside her, she glanced at me, not saying a word.

“Is it new?” I asked, She shoke her head and reached in her pocket pulling out a piece of paper and handing it to me. I glanced at her before unfolding it, I read the cursive written letter. That why, it was her mothers guitar. I knew that she didn’t know anything about her mother and she struggled with the concept of her mother being gone, her father is never bright and happy in fact he is always depressed.

I unfolded the letter and held on to my backpacks straps. What could I say? I thought for a minute before turning to her. “I think we should…leave” I said finally and she nodded. I was quiet until we got to the metal detectors. “Umm, you know what I really need to go to the bathroom so, go on ahead and I’ll catch up” I said turning to leave, then I was yanked backwards.

“I don’t think so potatoes you can wait till we pass security” Chrissie said letting go of the backpack. We moved forward until we were in the front a tall man told us to take our item of and to be placed in a bucket so that they could make sure no harmful weapons were in it. I calmly put my shoes in the bucket and tried to hurry through the metaldecter, backpack still on.

“Stop” the man yelled, “I need your backpack” the man said. “I don’t give people stuff when they can’t you a simple please” I said nose in the air. The man sighed heavily “May I please see your backpack” he said kindly, Hazel and Chrissie watched as I handed the backpack, Russell slipped his shoes off and went to the guards side. “Is there a problem, here?” Russell asked as the guard unzipped the backpack. Cookie hopped out and landed on the floor. Looking around for me “Cookie” I yelled she heard my familiar voice and I bent down and swiped her in my arms.

“You can’t bring mutts aboard with you” He growled to Russell, oh no did he just call my baby a mutt. “FYI, Mr She is my dog and not a mutt as you say she is, so step back” I snapped, the man bent down.”FYI little miss perfect, you can’t bring food with you either” he said on top of that. “I’m sorry say that again, you know what on second thought I’ll just go through the gateway of miracles” I smiled, he stood strait happy he won, or so he thought. I stomped on his foot hard and went through the metal detector.

“Owww” he yelled grabbing his foot. I smiled; some people just don’t get the point of ‘step back’. Chrissie Anne and Hazel were laughing so hard they had to grab their knees for support. “THAT GIRL SHOULD BE TAKEN TO THE SECURITY OFFICE” the guard exploded.

“Actually I was just going to take cookie to drop her off at the pets area so she can come too, in fact were is that?” Russell smiled kindly taking Cookie. “Go left and the signs will lead you” he said “you need a cage too” the man quickly added. Russell started to walk off, “Go on girls” he yelled.

Once we found the right gate Chrissie stopped laughing, “That was too good, ‘on second thought I’ll just go through the gateway of miracles’” she quoted stomping her right foot and we all started laughing again.

“Oh Kahlan where do you learn this stuff” Anne asked, and I smiled. “My god, I’m crying” Hazel said wiping a tear away. “’And you can’t bring food with you either’” I quoted my voice going deep and low, this only made us laugh harder. It may have taken a good ten minutes to calm down.

“So what are we singing guys” Anne asked, “WAITING ON THE WORLD TO CHANGE” I yelled automatically and then covering my mouth. “Yeah” Anne agreed.  “So we should sing that as our first and then we’ll just”-“AIRPLANES!” Chrissie screamed jumping up and down in her seat and pointing out the window. Anne’s eyes narrowed with the fact that she was interrupted. I looked down and turned my phone on after listening to background conversations about, bananas and pineapples. I through my hand in the air silencing everyone.

“Fox news writes an article about New York City street singers.

 

As we know now four New York girls helped a homeless lady on the streets of New York city earn almost an easy 369 dollars in less than a couple songs. Once the girls were taken away in a limo by manager Russell Black, many people said that they are counting on these girls to earn the professionals side in the L.A small concert so they can make a band. And sing. Many other people agreed and said they are now these girls number one fans. Many protests have began in L.A saying it is unfair that not many tickets are being sold, some people willing to offer $2,000 to see them perform. Reporters say only 800 tickets are being sold out, and people are scrambling to get it first. Ticket go on sale in promptly twelve hours, some people are so desperate they are setting up camps to stay overnight to get tickets. Remember first come first serve. Not only is that happening but crowds of people swarm around the booths to meet the girls in person and are hoping to get autographs.

 

I finished reading the article aloud and looked at them. They were quiet, Hazel smiled “The Beats” she said and we looked at her, as she held her hand out. “We bring the beat to you” I said hand on hers. “Together forever” Chrissie said joining her hand. “the flame will always burn” Anne said adding her hand.



© 2013 Hazel Stone


Author's Note

Hazel Stone
ignore mistakes

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

^_^ Nice chapter. :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


LOVE I
"Food, need food, I thought putting some small kit-Kats in my backpack" LLN soo me. i also love my little conversation with the security guy. nobody calls my dog a mutt!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hazel Stone

11 Years Ago

yeah I thought that would be funny
Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

my puppy is my little baby!!!!!!!!!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jan
I love this~!!! Awesome job!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love it does kaddessa seriously have a dog named cookie

Posted 11 Years Ago


Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

Me too
Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

yup!
Art Lover/Love Writing

11 Years Ago

:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

418 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 26, 2013
Last Updated on January 26, 2013


Author

Hazel Stone
Hazel Stone

El puerto de santa maria, Spain



About
Some things about me- *I love to Write and read *I love Action and adventure (anything that is unordinary COUNT ME IN) *Love ROMANCE * Fav color is ocean blue *never ever experianced a first Kiss.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hazel Stone


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hazel Stone


Capter 3 Capter 3

A Chapter by Hazel Stone