Chapter 9- Forever

Chapter 9- Forever

A Chapter by Hazel Stone
"

Kahlans father dies and leaves her in a tragic stance,but when things get worse, will a car wreck take Hazels life ?

"

Kahlan

It was dark and I walked through an empty tunnel. I took slow breaths and grew scared each moment I got further into the tunnel, I couldn’t find a way out. There was yelling up ahead and I stopped breathing to listen. There was many yelling and so much screaming. Someone grabbed me and pulled me against the Wall. “Why did you come here” the person hissed at me, He turned. To look at me trying to block my view but I had already saw it, My scream fill the air echoing through the tunnel.

“Kahlan” Someone yelled, as I pulled myself up right gasping, “Kahlan are you all right?” I looked over to see everyone kneeling next to me, Hazel’s eyes wide with Shock. “Should we call Niall?” Chrissie asked, I sat up and put my hand on my forehead. “Here where’s her phone” I took it out of my pocket just as it rang I looked to see that it was my mother, I answered.

“Hi” I said into the phone, “Kahlan honey remember how your father was in Iraq?” she asked, “Um yeah he’s deployed” I said.

 “There was a bombing. Your father is dead” My face fell. No, my mind screamed that can’t be true. I wanted to scream that it wasn’t true but my mother was broke down crying on the other end. I ended the call and set my phone on the table. Then I fell to the ground screaming.

    **************************************************

              Hazel

“KAHLAN” I screamed running and kneeling next to her with Anne and Chrissie too. “He’s gone she whispered” I looked at Chrissie confused, “Who?” I asked. But she wasn’t answering. “KAHLAN WHATS WRONG” Anne yelled scared. “Should I call Niall?” Chrissie asked. I nodded, “Yeah”.

Chrissie left my side and went to do so and came back a minute later, “He said he’s coming” she said sitting down. “Kahlan what’s the matter?” I asked her, She looked up at me “My dad is dead” she whispered. I sighed. Darn never would I want her to suffer through that, No one should.

Later we sat on the couch quietly thinking while Kahlan cried in Nialls arms. “Hazel no I feel your pain” Kahlan said, And I shoke my head, “No I never got to meet her, its worse when you always spent time with that person and you’ve known them your whole life” I said looking at her, Kahlan looked at me crazy. Of course I would have given the world to see her, but I didn’t get too.

The morning had just faded away and I decided to try and actually get to our practice on time, one reason is just because I never am on time, and the other is to try and cancel the concert for Kahlans good. Poor thing was having such a hard time going through all this. My phone rang and I bent down to snatch it up the phone and answered it.

 “Hey Kahlan what’s the matter?” I asked which was a stupid question.

 Everything, duh” she answered.

“Yeah, yeah well I’m coming over there so hold up” I said taping my one hand impatiently on the steering wheel.

 “Oh what would I do without you” she sighed, “Oh please you would be fine” I said looking out the right window.

 “Hey the guys just got here” she said, I looked up when the light turned green I looked to the side only to glance at a truck coming right at me, that was when my piercing scream filled the air. The truck slammed right in to my side causing the car to do a flip and land on its roof. I gasped surprise as pain sprinted across my ribs and shoulder, and my eyes slowly closed darkness overcoming me.

 

            **********************************************************

                               Kahlan

            I dropped the phone shaking crazily, she had screamed into the phone and the line had gone dead. “Oh GOD!” I choked out and everyone looked at me.Niall ran over to me but I just stared at Chrissie and Anne. “HAZEL OH GOD, HAZEL” I jumped up, “She screamed and the phone line went dead!”  I yelled, grabbing my keys and running out of the building I stop dead in my tracks looking a couple streets away to a black flipped over car with people crowding. Every ran out asking me what was going until they saw what I saw.

 

  “HAZEL!!”Chrissie and Anne screamed sprinting past me to the car wreck and I followed them going so fast I almost caught up with them. “What happened?” Anne asked a random person. “The truck slammed into the car” the person said above the wailing sirens. Anne and us pushed through the crowd. “Oh god is that Hazel Stone” one person screamed, I looked at the truck driver Anne trudged towards the him, Liam pulled her back but she pushed him off her. “When I get my hands on you” She screamed at the man but that’s when officers came pulling us back.

 

            I ran to Niall putting my arms around him and pressing my face in his chest so I didn’t have to see the ambulance pull her out. I looked slightly at some men in white uniforms run past. “She’s still alive” one said, I heard some glass fall to the ground “Wow what a survivor” the other one said.

 

I decided to follow Chrissie Harry and Anne in the ambulance I barely watched. Hazel was sort of unconscious except she would flinch or groan.

 

            “I have to pop her shoulder back in place” one guy said I looked away, Hazels scream filled the air, oh god. I grabbed on to the paramedic and he fell. “KAHLAN” Niall yelled, the paramedic was stronger than me but I fought on. “HARRY HAND ME THAT SYRINGE” The man yelled, “What is that” niall asked but the guy ignored him. “Pull up her sleeve” the guy said and he did. Then they both gasped at sight of the long cuts on my arm. ‘Kahlan” Niall said a little frightened “What is this” I did what I could do, scream. I felt the needle pierce into my skin and I drifted off.

               ***********************************************************

            I woke up on a sheeted white bed with curtains blocking my view. I sat up and rubbed my forehead then looked up to see Niall standing at the foot of my bed arms crossed across his chest, he didn’t look happy at all.

 

            “So…” I said looking away, “So you wanna tell me why your arms are sliced up” Niall finished. “Don’t be silly my arms are fine” I snapped rolling my eyes. He came over taking my arm and pulling the sleeve up.

 

            “oh those, um I have no idea how those got there” I said looking at him. “Of course not they just magically appeared there” he snorted, I looked down “I did it” I admitted, I felt the bed sink down as he sat on the edge. “Listen I know what’s going on and I’m here to help you every step of the way, you just need to promise me that you can survive through this” he said, I looked up to see his sad blue eyes looking at me.

 

            “I’ve never meant someone like you before, it’s nice to know that waiting, being patient could give me a gift that could never top any other.” He smiled sweetly pushing a strand of lose hair behind my ear. “Now that I’ve unwrapped that gift I will keep it, protect it, and fight for it with every strength I have, forever” he paused looking away for a moment.

 

            “I’m going to say three words I’ve rarely said before to anyone” he looked me in the eyes, “I love You” he whispered, and we both leaned in. Someone cleared there throat and we jerked, I looked at the person angrily.

 

            “I’m sorry to interrupt you, lovers but here is your prescription to your Anxiety medicine” the nurse said kindly to me, setting a brown bag next to me. “Um can you just make sure she takes this” the nurse said to Niall as he nodded. “After what she saw in the ambulance she may have some pretty gruesome nightmares, She may try attempting suicide. And… that’s all except, please take care of her” the women smiled kindly, but before she could leave I shrieked “WAIT”

 

            She spun looking at me, “Yes” I thought for a moment “What about Hazel is she alright?” I asked, “Um she is in surgery right now, hanging on by a thread” the woman said backing out of the room.

 



© 2013 Hazel Stone


Author's Note

Hazel Stone
IGNORE MISTAKES

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poor hazel and kahlan and niall that's doo sweet but I feel bad for all of them ;(

Posted 11 Years Ago


Check your spelling and grammar. You can tell us to ignore your mistakes all you want but that doesn't change the fact that you're making them - fix your errors as you go and you won't have to deal with fixing them after you're done, plus it'll make your work look more polished.
As for the content, I would cut the large breaks you have in the chapter and turn it into one unified narrative. Your method of stating whose point of view is being shifted to is very juvenile and jars the reader. I'd recommend you stick to one point of view per chapter - this will make the narrative easier to follow and it will, again, look more polished.
You express yourself well but your presentation really leaves something to be desired.

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hazel Stone

11 Years Ago

Hey Tri pick on someone your own size its not like i haven't been pushed around enough at school, i .. read more
Jan

11 Years Ago

Go Hazel!!! That's my girl!!!
Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

Whats wrong tri? Aint got nothin to say now?
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jan
When life gets bad, it just has to get worst for Kahlan, stupid nurse ruining the moment

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hazel Stone

11 Years Ago

IKR
Awwwwwwwwww sooooo sad but beutiful too!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hazel Stone

11 Years Ago

Darn nurse ruined the moment
Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

Ikr

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

462 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 23, 2013
Last Updated on February 23, 2013


Author

Hazel Stone
Hazel Stone

El puerto de santa maria, Spain



About
Some things about me- *I love to Write and read *I love Action and adventure (anything that is unordinary COUNT ME IN) *Love ROMANCE * Fav color is ocean blue *never ever experianced a first Kiss.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hazel Stone


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hazel Stone


Capter 3 Capter 3

A Chapter by Hazel Stone