DW14 - "Memories Of Sandalwood"

DW14 - "Memories Of Sandalwood"

A Chapter by dw817
"

While there weren't any rude pictures there as it was a lot of work even displaying a GIF picture back then, the women who wrote were kinda sweet but the guys sent me rude messages about shoving ...

"

PRESS CTRL = (EQUALS) TO INCREASE THE PAGE SIZE AND CTRL 0 (ZERO) TO RESET THE PAGE SIZE


   Dating Wyona   



Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going HERE





D A T I N G   W Y O N A

© February 2021 - Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 
  CHAPTER 14 - "Memories Of Sandalwood"

[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]

* * *


This chapter is Rated: TEEN



While I can't remember that evening what I dreamed,
I =DID= dream and that turns out to be quite important I find out later ...

The next morning was pretty uneventful. Wayne showed me his Betamax player, said next time we get together we'll watch the movie he bought for $80, Tootsie, starring Dustin Hoffman.

Then we went back to Waffle House and this time I got me some pancakes with lots of syrup. I wanted something sweet.

He took me back exactly where he dropped me off, to the side of Albertson's. I pulled my bicycle out of his trunk and I bicycled on back to Dad's as he drove off.

It was Saturday then. I knocked on the door and Dad answered in his robe.

"How was the sleepover ?" he asked letting me in.

"Pretty good." I said. "Bart and Justin were there too. We stayed up quite late playing Dungeons & Dragons." I lied.

We both sat at the dining room table. Dad had some coffee and I had a glass of orange juice.

"Where did you meet Brett again ?" he asked me.

I looked away sorta, "Well he was a bully. Used to beat me up with a baseball bat after school every day."

Dad's eyes got wide with anger.

I raised my hands, "Oh, it's okay. It was one of those plastic hollow bats. Makes a loud noise but doesn't really hurt."

Dad was still mad, "Why the hell did he do that !?"

I shrugged, "For attention I think. The other guys on the bus liked to see it happen. And - it wasn't that bad. He'd smack me pretty hard in the chest and then in the head. I'd fall down and they'd cheer."

Dad asked me to get up so he could look at my head. "I don't see any damage." he said checking me out carefully.

He was still pretty perturbed, "Nonetheless I'm going to talk to his Mother right now."

I was up in an instant. As you know I didn't actually visit Brett I spent the night with Wayne. What would Dad say about me dating a man almost 3x my age ?

"No Dad, please don't do that. We're friends now. And you know I don't have - well - really any friends at all."

"If you call up on the phone now it'll ruin what little friendship we have. And no he doesn't beat me with the bat anymore. We're friends. You know ? He invited me over that one time and we saw the movie, 'Blue Lagoon' ?"

Dad nodded, "I thought that film was rated R."

I shrugged, "It was okay, his Mom was there."

Dad let go of the phone to sit back down. He stared at me with a practiced look. "Anything else happen ?"

I shook my head, "Naww, we had some pizza, that's about it."

"How were the sleeping arrangements ?"

"I slept in his bed and Brett, err, he slept on the floor in a sleeping bag."

"How about those other boys that visited ?"

"I think one slept on the couch and one slept in the kitchen in a sleeping bag. It was okay."

He changed the subject, "You're probably pretty hungry then. Do you need some breakfast ?"

I shook my head, "Nope. I'm good. I've - had some juice now so I'm going to get back on the computer."

He nodded and yawned, "I'm still reading some good books. Later if you like we'll go to the library and I'll get some more. Are there any books you're interested in ?"

"None I can think of. I already read Alice In Wonderland through and through."

"Alright, you can still go. Maybe I'll pick out something good for you."

With that I walked past the kitchen to the patio to the little computer room which was my sister's bedroom years ago.

There I fired up the Matchmaker BBS to see if I had any mail. And oh yes I had quite a bit ! And strangely now it was half and half. Half girls wanting to meet me and half guys. I guess my profile was a big hit.

While there weren't any rude pictures as it was a lot of work even displaying a single GIF picture back then, the text they wrote me was all syrupy and sexy. While the mail from the women who wrote me was kinda sweet the mail the guys sent me was really rude about them wanting to shove their members up my bootie.

* * *

I smiled at it all, sort of like it was some crazy dream. but I wanted to be fair to Wayne. So I changed my profile a bit. In the NOTES section I added, "Thank you everyone for all the mail. I found someone special now. I'm not looking to meet anyone else at the moment. If that changes I'll let you know, Sincerely, David."

A few minutes after I posted it the IBM-pc bell beeped it's classic beep once to let me know new mail had arrived.

"Am I that special person ?" It was Wayne writing me. I grinned and typed back, "Yeah, you sure are. Is it okay if I see you this upcoming Friday ?"

"Absolutely. I'm hoping you would. I hope - I hope you had a good time. I didn't mean to make you cry on our first date."

I shook my head as I typed, "Nono, that's fine. That was just really pretty music." I thought for a second.

Was there any way I could get the video of that singing ? The only videos you could see online were in FLI format at 1200 baud and it was really bad quality.

It took a good computer just to barely see a 10fps 160x120 16-color video. Even then that was such a stretch on the IBM computer's CPU back then. And you had to let half the video clip fill your memory before you could even play it. It was a real hassle.

I do however remember though seeing a 160x120 16-color 10-second video of the opening to some Japanese anime series that had pretty girl faces in it. That's all I could really make out from what was mostly badly compressed static.

There was no audio but those women faces sure were attractive and it went on for 10-seconds.

I wrote him, "Do you think we can see a video with that pretty music in it, Memory ?"

He wrote back, "I don't think so. That particular music is from a live play originally presented from London. Not even a video yet. Videos are pretty expensive to rent but I think I can buy the audio for it on audiocassette from the local record shop. We'll listen to it together. So glad you like something as classical as that."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Pan_Records

... and we typed for hours. I was going to tell him about the types of records I had bought myself already, like Star Trek from Peter Pan Records, when finally Dad opened the kitchen door leading to the patio and yelled for me, "Lunchtime !"

I quickly said my goodbyes, turned off the computer, and went to go see Dad.

He didn't have too much to say as he presented for us two oven TV dinners. My sister was gone. That's about all I'm allowed to write about her so there you go. But we were fine. After dinner we turned on the TV and started to watch one of Dad's favorite TV series.

"Mission: Impossible." At the time I thought the stories were pretty advanced and I really couldn't understand them. My brain was more on I Dream Of Genie cause she was so pretty, Lost In Space cause I liked how devious Dr. Smith was, and Gilligan's Island cause I always thought Gilligan was a lot like me.

After that Dad took a drive with me to the very local library where I sat in the kid's section and read the openings to some books, not really wanting to read much more than that.

Dad offered me to join him in the grown-up section of the library where there were murder mysteries and fiction, and I did - to be nice.

I picked up one of the books from a tall shelf and turned the pages and like before there were no pictures in it. The words seemed a jumble of ideas that didn't make much sense. Frustrated I put it back.

Dad sighed and pulled the book back out. "You have to read it, Andrew. Not all books have pictures in them."

"The good ones do." I told him and put it back on the shelf, a second time for me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hobbit

Dad smirked, "Here, come with me." he said and we went to another section of the library. "Fantasy." He looked for a minute and pulled out a book. "The Hobbit. by J.R.R. Tolkien."

"Whatsa Hobbit ?" I asked him.

Dad smiled, "You need to find that out for yourself. Here, start reading. Don't worry about there not being pictures, see if you like it. Imagine the words painting a picture in your mind."

So I took the book back to the kids section. In a way I sorta felt all grown up doing so. I opened the book to the middle where I likely would never reach and smelled.

Yep, I'm weird. I smell library books. The bigger they are, the more interesting the smells. For you see books have this interesting smell I found later is based on a scent called Sandalwood. I remember as a very little boy Dad got me a 3-page puffy book that smelled strongly of sandalwood.

Sometimes I would get angry or frustrated so I would run to my room and just pick up that old child's book and stuff my nose in there and sniff deeply remembering happier times when I was just a little boy.

Anyways The Hobbit was actually a pretty neat story about a dude who had a magic ring and he could become invisible with it. That's as far as I got when Dad came back for me.

"Any good ?" he asked.

I nodded, "Yeah, that's fine, I'll read it."

He smiled, added it to his stack, and then we waited in line. Finally he checked out everything. At the time I didn't have my own library card except what I had at school.

We made a quick stop for ice-cream at Baskin-Robbin's and then got back home. I typed to Wayne a little bit more on Matchmaker and finally got to sleep.

But the next Friday, 6-days from now, I knew I would be meeting Wayne again. And I knew ... we would finally be intimate.

Outside of Celeste and her troupe of girls from 3rd grade constantly pushing and pulling on me to shove me in the girls' bathroom so they could bully and humiliate me, I was not really understanding what was going on. So this would be my very first intimate encounter with someone else - and it wasn't a bully.

I was nervous and excited all at the same time. And I knew now I had to be VERY careful Dad would never find out.

Cause while I was still a kid at heart I know our homeroom teacher talked one time about Stranger Danger and I was to come to her personally and tell her if anyone older than me touched me in my boo boo areas or showed me their areas where underwear is supposed to be but wasn't.

And Dad, well, I just knew for certain he wouldn't understand the special friendship I had with Wayne ...



END OF CHAPTER 14



Return back HOME




You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2021 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, those are some very skillful lies. I've never had to weave a complicated story like that.

That mention of anime girls reminds me of this meme:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/11/0f/97/110f97fba5c1208745884a27776821ef.jpg

This reminds me of typing for hours with a certain professor I met on Craigslist. He was teaching at my university, but I would never take one of his classes, so it was perfectly fine for me to date him, but he worried too much about what kind of impression that would give people if anyone found out, so I only got to play with him one time. It was a very memorable experience, though.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

3 Years Ago

Well Kari, the only lies were that I spent the night at Brett's. Brett did actually beat me with a p.. read more



Reviews

i liked this chapter,sorta took me back to my school days,,bullies that made friends an the smell of new books

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

3 Years Ago

Pretty sure I've always been like that, Wordman. I read from confucious years later:

.. read more
 wordman

3 Years Ago

you`re welcome
Wow, those are some very skillful lies. I've never had to weave a complicated story like that.

That mention of anime girls reminds me of this meme:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/11/0f/97/110f97fba5c1208745884a27776821ef.jpg

This reminds me of typing for hours with a certain professor I met on Craigslist. He was teaching at my university, but I would never take one of his classes, so it was perfectly fine for me to date him, but he worried too much about what kind of impression that would give people if anyone found out, so I only got to play with him one time. It was a very memorable experience, though.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

3 Years Ago

Well Kari, the only lies were that I spent the night at Brett's. Brett did actually beat me with a p.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe




Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing