21) Looking for Answers

21) Looking for Answers

A Chapter by Kelly M.

April could only stare in unbelief.  Could he be serious?  She finally found her tongue.
"I-- I don't know what to say."
"Then don't say anything-- yet.  Just think about it."
April nodded in agreement.
"When do you want your answer?" she asked nervously.
"How about a week from today?"
A week.  Just one week for her to decide her future-- her whole life.
"A week," she agreed.
Then he took her hand in his, and led her back to all of the commotion.
April scanned the room for Kanika.  When she spotted her, she excused herself, and hurried away.  She had to tell her everything.
"I have to tell you something," April whispered.
Kanika searched her eyes with curiosity and worry.
"Alright," she agreed, following her to the shelter of the shade trees.
"What is it?"  She sat down next to her, fear in her eyes.
"Nothing is wrong," April assured her.  "At least I don't think so."
"Then what is it?"
"I-- Will has-- well-- proposed."
"He what?!"  Then in a lower voice, "He did?"
April nodded, uncertain what she felt of the whole thing.  She wished to laugh like a giggly schoolgirl or cry because she was so-- so unsure.
"Well, what did you say?" Kanika asked, barely able to contain her anxiety.
I-- said I would think on it."
Kanika seemed to think that wise for it was a lifetime decision.  If you flat out said, "no," then you might of refused the man of your dreams.  But yet if you said, "yes," you could be making the biggest mistake of your life.
"I guess I'll just have to trust God," April said as though that settled the problem.
"April," she began slowly, "you said you loved your home in North Carolina.  And you felt awful moving away from your beautiful home, your meadow, and friends.  If all that happened to you, how can you believe that God is watching over you, and taking care of you?  How can anyone love you so much that He made you go through this?  You didn't want it to be this way, right?"
April listened closely then slowly began to explain.
"No, Kanika.  I didn't want it to be this way, but when we go through rough times-- like moving away-- it's not because God doesn't love us anymore.  He always loves us.  He's just testing our faith.  The trials that we go through actually strengthen us for the harder times ahead.
"My father told me that life isn't always the way you want it-- it's not always twinkling stars.  There are going to be hard times, but God helps us through them.
"Besides, there's a reason for everything-- even this.  If I hadn't come here I would have never met you."
Once she ended her speech, Kanika had tears in her eyes.
"And I wouldn't have met you," she whispered, and then found herself hugging April close, as they both began to cry.
~*~
April later found out that Will had asked her father for her hand the day before.  He had given his consent.
When April's mother heard the news, she started to wipe at her eyes, and murmured, "My daughter's growing up so fast.  Just imagine."  April had told her she hadn't made a decision yet, and they both hadn't pressured.  April appreciated this, but yet she still felt pressured-- on the inside.  Her whole life depended on this one answer, and she was still hesitant.
She found herself praying fervently for wisdom and guidance.  She also read through the family Bible, looking over the underlined verses.  And though it helped bring peace to her troubled soul, she still hadn't found any answers, and the end of the week was coming to an end.
One night, April lie awake, unable to sleep.  She was restless.  She only had one more day to make her choice.  
So, grabbing a thick shawl, she wandered outside.  The brisk night air refreshed her.
"Oh, God, please help me," she whispered.  "I can't make this decision without you."
Then she shut her eyes, and all of a sudden Drew's familiar face appeared.  He smiled at her.  That one smile lifted her heart to the sky, and brought her peace.
Then a voice inside whispered, "Why are you hesitating when you already know the answer?  Look into your heart.  There you will find it."

And then it hit her.  She was uncertain-- hesitating because she knew she didn't love Will.  The one for her-- the one she loved was Drew.  It was as simple as that.

She sighed as though a burden had been lifted from her shoulders.  She had her answer. 


© 2012 Kelly M.


Author's Note

Kelly M.
So, you now know her answer!! :D

I'm sorry if this chapter was really boring, but finding an answer takes a while especially when it's a lifetime decision!

What do you think happens next?!

*Honest, detailed opinions please!* :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

God truly does answer our prayers i relate to April in this chapter at the end i have often found it easier to hear jesus's answer to our questions when im outside under the stars and i say my question out loud. not a boring chapter an intense well written one

Posted 12 Years Ago


Even though I like Will, I think he's too insane and pushy for her. Therefore, I'm glad that Miss April chose Drew. I'm liking this novel more and more each chapter, and I'm so glad that I picked it up again! I'm reading on!
-Livs

Posted 12 Years Ago


again YES!!!!!! Ha ha Will!!!!! I, obviously, like Drew better XD

Posted 12 Years Ago


"What is it?" She sat down down next to her, fear in her eyes." You have an extra down in this sentence.

Loved this chapter! I am so happy that she is going to stick with Drew!!

~Erinne




Posted 12 Years Ago


I miss Drew now!!! Amazing chapter, Kelly!!! Seriously, this was absolutely touching. I'm so glad that she realized she doesn't love Will instead of just looking at the perks of being married. Can't wait to read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm so sorry I didn't review every chapter, but if I stopped and reviewed each chapter I wouldn't be super freakin happy right now! I think that maybe Drew will visit? And then they confess their feelings for each other over like a picnic or something, and then she's super happy. I dunno? Maybe(: Anywhos, great chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!


Great chapter!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

490 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 13, 2011
Last Updated on March 3, 2012


Author

Kelly M.
Kelly M.

SC



About
"The Spirit of God made me; the breath of the Almighty God gives me life." Job 33:4 more..

Writing
By a Friend By a Friend

A Poem by Kelly M.


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Kelly M.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Kelly M.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


1) Dreams 1) Dreams

A Chapter by Kelly M.


2) Last Good-bye 2) Last Good-bye

A Chapter by Kelly M.


25) Good-byes 25) Good-byes

A Chapter by Kelly M.


3) A Promise 3) A Promise

A Chapter by Kelly M.