22) Surprises

22) Surprises

A Chapter by Kelly M.

"I'm sorry, Will, but I've prayed a lot about it.  I feel like God's plan for me is pointing in a different direction."
"Then God must be wrong," he retorted, and before she could argue, he stomped off.
All the way home, April prayed that Will would understand.
~*~
Are you-- well-- disappointed that it didn't work out with you and Will?"
April was strolling alongside Kanika, and telling her what had happened.
After thinking about it, she answered, "Disappointed?  No, not really.  I wish we could be friends, but nothing more."
"It's Drew, isn't it?"
April answered slowly.
"You know I always loved Drew, but I don't think I would've realized how much I really did if it weren't for Will's proposal."
"And how are your parents with it?"
"With what?  My refusal?  Oh, they don't mind really.  They just want me to have a happy marriage."
She nodded, and picked up a smooth stone to toss in the water.
"Karter came to me last night.  He was a muslim, you know, but God miraculously changed his life.
"He told me he had a dream of God calling him, and he answered, asking Him what He wanted.  God told him he wanted him to pick up his mat, and follow Him.  And so he told me he prayed to God asking His forgiveness.  Ever since then he's been different-- changed.  I-- I asked him to help me pray.  He did, and I-- I became a part of His family."
"Oh, Kanika!" April exclaimed, giving her a warm embrace.  "I'm so glad!"
"Me, too," she whispered through her tears.  "Me, too."
~*~
April praised God for his mighty work in Kanika's life.  She now joined April and her parents to their community church weekly.  April had never seen her so happy.
What made her enhanced her happiness was Karter.  He daily visited her, and took her on picnics or moonlight strolls.  April had a feeling that her dear friend would soon become a wife.
~*~
Happy birthday!" April exclaimed, hugging her friend close.
Kanika beamed with delight.
"Here's a present." April held out a package to her.  "It's not much, but I hope you like it."
With tentative fingers, she opened the carefully wrapped gift.
"It's a shawl," she said, admiring it.  "You made this?"
April nodded.  "Since it's almost autumn I thought you'd want something warm to wear."
Kanika hugged her friend, and tears started to form rivers down her cheeks.
"Why, what's wrong?" April asked in concern.
She wiped at her eyes.
"Nothing.  I'm just so happy."
April smiled secretively.
"Tell me about it."
Her eyes sparkled as she whispered, "I'm getting married."
 


© 2012 Kelly M.


Author's Note

Kelly M.
Kanika is getting married! (: Perhaps she is a little young, but she IS sixteen.

Anyway, Will is holding a grudge. Will he ever understand what April tried to say?

I'm sorry this chapter was boring, but the intense drama and etc. comes soon, so hold in with me! :D

*Honest, detailed opinions please!* :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ok so two years must have passed by now because Knika was 14 when we met her and shes 16 now, if two years has gone by you should tell us in a chapter if not go back to the meeting with Kanika and change the conversation about her parents died because she says her father died FOUR years ago i was TEN. if Will truly loves April he will accept Aprils descion even though he is currently angry. I think i may feel angry at first too though later i would feel REAL bad about it and i would accept the descion and ask to continu being freinds. you need to stop apolagising for things. the chapter isnt boring, its never too short. Kanika a little young to be married? i think so weather she is 16 or not. like this reading next chapter. probably will finish the book dont know if ill start the 2nd one yet though.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think that it will be hard to see her love another man, I mean thats how it is in life. Hard to watch others sit there and love the one you love. I think friends will just kill him, maybe I'm wrong.
Awww their getting married !

Posted 12 Years Ago


If Will truly loves April, she was accept her decision and forgive her, and in doing so, taking things slower. I can't believe that Kanika is getting married! Is Karver the lucky man? I'm anxious for the intense drama!!
-Livs

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yay! Kanika is getting married! That is so exciting, I'm glad everything is going to well for her in her life now! :)

"She now weekly joined April and her parents to their community church." It would sound a lot better if you moved the word 'weekly'to the end of the sentence. It would sound a lot better.

~Erinne

Posted 12 Years Ago


Woot, woot! So happy for Kanika!(: For both reasons! Can't wait for the VERY VERY VERY important chapter! xD

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awwwww. I loved this chapter!!! And Im so glad Karver an Kanika have found Christ and are getting married. Cant wait for chapter 23!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 14, 2011
Last Updated on March 3, 2012


Author

Kelly M.
Kelly M.

SC



About
"The Spirit of God made me; the breath of the Almighty God gives me life." Job 33:4 more..

Writing
By a Friend By a Friend

A Poem by Kelly M.


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Kelly M.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Kelly M.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


2) Last Good-bye 2) Last Good-bye

A Chapter by Kelly M.


25) Good-byes 25) Good-byes

A Chapter by Kelly M.


3) A Promise 3) A Promise

A Chapter by Kelly M.