Truth hurts

Truth hurts

A Chapter by lovebug

   He rose up his hands and I saw the white baseball in his palm, covered in sweat with blood on it. "You want to tell me what the hell you did?"
 
   I crossed my arms; "I thought you were supposed to be working, not spying on me?" I was shocked at myself again, this wasn’t like me and as I looked at Ramie, I saw he was shocked too. But after a while some kind of deep realization hit him, I could tell by the way he was looking at me with such intensity that I just had to look away.
 
  "I’m asking the questions, not you, you had no right to do that John".

"He had no right to come here, to come to me and ask me to tell you that he was looking for you. He’s going to hurt you when he gets the chance Ramie, when no one’s around he'll hurt you". I lowered my eyes, and watched him go inside; I followed him, carefully closing the door. "Weren’t you supposed to go to work or something?"
 
   He sat down and folded his hand, looking tired, and stressed. “Look”, he finally said, "Suki, I came here to tell you that were moving".

  We looked at each other, silence enveloping us, "yeah right" I said smiling, waving my hand up and down in the air. “Very funny Ramie, you almost got me “.
 
   "I'm serious", he said, and I looked at him, at the way his eyes were full of  that same intensity and I realized, he was serious. My heart started pounding like a b***h.
  
   "Where?"

 He shrugged "some where away from here, somewhere away from the community. You deserve more than walking on streets that are dirty and filled with blood and fear. You could get a proper education, I could get a proper job, and then maybe, someday, you could live the way you were suppose to".

   I didn't understand what he meant by that, but I didn't care, I was too confused, angry at him for making this decision without me and telling me this out of the blue.

   "No way, I will not move, you can if you want but not me" I said pointing at him.
 
   He sighed and sat down on his favorite green chair, "Think about your future Suki".

   "I have" I screamed, shaking uncontrollably as my heart beated so hard as I thought about. My hands were getting clammy and I could feel sweat starting to drip down my shirt. Great, now I was having puberty issues to.

   “Something that doesn't involve you joining community, think about how scared you are whenever I walk out of that door. If we move we can have a better future, a better life, what cant you understand!” he roared.

   I cringed as he yelled at me like I was a little girl, like I was the one who didn’t understand. I could tell he was getting angry, but I didn't care, he didn't understand how I was feeling. I knew I was being selfish but I’ve lived here for most of my life, how does he know that were going to survive anywhere else. I’m scared that were just going to walk out of here, away from people we know and rot.
 
   “Ramie you can't be serious?” I said staring him down.

 “I am” he said undefeated, his chocolate brown eyes full of emotions I couldn't quite understand.

    “Did you think about this at all?” I asked.
 
  He nodded, "Yeah” he said, “since a few months ago actually”. He folded his arms as he calmed himself down, squirming in his chair.

  “And you’re telling me this now, why?” I said, tears forming and my voice cracking.
  
  “Because I couldn't figure out a way to tell you Suki, look how you’re reacting?” He looked up at me and even though he was sitting down and I was standing up, I still felt like I was being crushed by his authority.

   “Were not moving!” I screamed, this wasn’t what I wanted, not at all. He stood up, towering over me, making me feel like that small 5 year old that first entered his life. I couldn't help the tears that were falling down my eyes or stop my hand from trembling as he said the words I didn't long for.

    “We are” he said, his voice harsh.

“No Ramie I'm not moving and you can't make me”, I screamed, tears rolling down my eyes while I ran upstairs.

   “Suki get your but down here now!” Ramie said, his voice full of desperation as he screamed at me.
   
  “No” I screamed slamming the door. “Damn”, I whispered and threw myself on my bed, crying my heart out, when suddenly, my phone ranged.

   “Hello?” I said wiping away my tears.
 
  “Hey Suki, it’s me”, Lana said.

 My heart sped up, how was I going to tell her this, how was I going to tell her that I won’t ever see her again. She was my best friend, the one who always had my back, the one that I cried with, laughed with, told all my secrets too. She accepted me for who I am, she was the one who told me the nightmares I was having would pass, and just like she said, they did. How could I have it in me to tell her?


© 2011 lovebug


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on June 21, 2011
Last Updated on June 21, 2011


Author

lovebug
lovebug

Weston, FL



About
I'm 16 years old, eccentric, and Haitian. I don't know what else to tell you except that I love writing stories. Its something i would love to do in the future and its something I do today. When I'm N.. more..

Writing
F**k IT F**k IT

A Poem by lovebug


Epilogue Epilogue

A Chapter by lovebug