Trailed

Trailed

A Chapter by lovebug

   I looked at Johnny, who was in Lana's arms, and then at Mr. Huston and I noticed how they looked a lot alike. As Johnny kept growing older, his fair blond hair kept on getting darker. At first it became dirty blond but then it transformed into an amazing golden brown like his fathers. And those black eyes seemed like it could tear you to shreds with just one look every time he got angry. The one thing he got from his mother was his pale skin that glittered in the sunlight.
   And as I looked at Lana, with her straight black hair, emerald green eyes and beautiful full lips that any one could die for, my heart stirred. She looked so much like her mother that at times I couldn't look at her because I was so scared I would start crying. I just couldn't forget what she had done for me, how, if it wasn't for Ramie, I would've been there, ready to protect her. Again, I was angry and I needed to show Ramie I wasn't that stupid little girl anymore.

 “I can take care of myself, as I showed you earlier, I said, making sure he saw the smug look on my face.

  Mike looked at Ramie, confused, "what is she talking about?"

“I hit John in the eyes while he was talking s**t behind Ramie’s back”, I crossed my arms feeling completely proud of myself.

“What Ramie and you didn't tell me that”, he said amused.

“I didn't want to, he muttered, and she not going to do that again” He looked at me making sure I got the message in his eyes. 

 “Why are you looking at me like that, I won’t even have that chance...ever”.
 
   “Well then it’s settled”, he said gruffly.

“No Ramie its not!” I slammed my fist in the gray leather coated chair and almost bumped into Lana.

  “Shush” he said, looking, again, at the drivers window, with his eyes narrowed. I could tell by the way he said it that something was wrong, but then again, Ramie was paranoid
 
   “Ramie they can't track us”.

“That not what I'm worried about, you two put the blond wigs in the compartment behind you. and Lana find a way to hide Johnny”.
 
  We gaped at them, “You can't be serious?”

Ramie stared at me, and I could almost see a vein pulsing out of his forehead. "Suki Hurry up... NOW”.
 
   I didn't ever see Ramie so serious before, I knew I couldn't disobey him, at least not now anyway. Carefully I opened the compartment behind us and took the blond wigs out. Carefully we put it on and straighten it out, making it look like real hair, then I turned to Lana , who did the same, and tucked Johnny under her stomach, making sure his little feet couldn’t be seen. We looked like Barbie dolls, but Lana was the pregnant Barbie doll.

  “OMG”, I laughed, faking a girly accent that any Barbie fan would scream at.
As we were done putting on our wig, with Johnny safely hidden under Lana's shirt, Ramie swerved to a stop, Lana and I glance at each other in confusion.  "Um Ramie, why are we stopi-"

“Hey Ramie what up?”

   My heart sped up as I recognize a voice from a long time ago. Turning around, I saw the same spiky haired boy who always shoved me while I was going to school. I wouldn't have been so scared to see him here, if he wasn't carrying a knife or a gun.

“Nothing Dan, what up with you?” he said nonchalantly, like we hadn’t been trying to run away.

 "Look man, I'm just going to get to the point. My boss wants to know if you’re trying to run away from payment. Saw your car leaving while we were driving to your house, and he got a little suspicious, you know the deal, right Killer?" Dan said, with a smirk.
   I froze on my seat when I heard Ramie's nickname from the past. When I was little, I hadn't understood the meaning of his name and by accident I had repeated it to one of my friends and Ramie had heard me. Let’s just say for the next week I was tortured.
 
     “If you think this is torture," Ramie had said as I had been crying from the lack of communication, food and water. I had been locked in my room those days and I was in the brink of insanity. I was hungry and dehydrated; every time I looked around me I saw shadows that looked like demons. Looking back, I knew I must've been hallucinating. I was drifting to sleep when he said that but I still remembered the words he had spoken.
   "Then you obviously have no idea what my name means Suki. Because what I do is inflict more pain than any human can possibly withstand". And with those words, he opened my door, cradling me. Pain and guilt shown in his eyes as I started sobbing heavily on his chest. I knew why he did it, to protect me, because if I ever repeated that name again, I would've been dead. And seeing Dan in front of me I waited until Ramie came up with a solution to get rid of people like him, like he always did.

   “No" Ramie said, "just getting these little ladies home tonight”.

Dan turned around and grinned, staring at us. I wondered if he would find Lana's huge belly weird but then I noticed how dark it was. I sighed, he probably thought she was just a fat Hispanic girl, well at least now I knew what the solution was, we were the solution.

“Woo got you some fresh meat”. I grunted, mad that he treated us like food.

 “Oh and they can't wait, alright do your biz but please man, come back as fast as you can”.

I rolled my eyes at his misunderstanding, but I didn't care as long as we could get out of here.

   “Thanks man” Ramie said, smacking their hands together like they always did. We sped up as Dan started to leave and as I looked behind me, I realized we lost them.

 


© 2011 lovebug


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on June 21, 2011
Last Updated on June 21, 2011


Author

lovebug
lovebug

Weston, FL



About
I'm 16 years old, eccentric, and Haitian. I don't know what else to tell you except that I love writing stories. Its something i would love to do in the future and its something I do today. When I'm N.. more..

Writing
F**k IT F**k IT

A Poem by lovebug


Epilogue Epilogue

A Chapter by lovebug