Change

Change

A Chapter by lovebug

  My eyes widened, David’s eyes had become darker as he looked at me and he had tiny fangs growing out of his mouth that glinted in the shop lights, and his hair had grown longer by the minute. 

 “What… am I, David, am I a werewolf, am I who you seem to despise the most”.

  He looked at me, his eyes not really quite meeting mines,” yes... my queen”.

 I bit my lips so hard it started bleeding, David’s eyes widened, and he looked directly at my lips. He licked his, and his eyes glazed over with hunger, and desire. I licked my blood, and he finally caught my eyes and blushed in embarrassment.

  “Are you going to take me to Ramie, or are you just going to gaze at me like I’m fresh meat”. He grabbed my hand almost silently, and we headed back to Ramie.

As we arrived to the place we were before, we saw Ramie and Mike. They were still arguing, but as soon as they saw David, they stopped. “

David…”Mikes eyes widened, and he took me away from David, "you told her, didnt you?" david nodded and mike sighed

 "Mike”, I whispered, “are you, are you a vampire?”

 He shook his head, and closed his eyes, “no, my queen, I’m a warlock, a vampires and werewolf best friend. What a strange coincidence, because the first time I met your uncle, I knew who he was, yet I felt drawn to him somehow, in a non gay way of course”.  

I nodded, and cupped his cheek, “you don’t have to call me queen, Mike, your family, you can always address me as Suki, or kid. I would actually love that”. i hated the fact that they were starting to call me queen.

   His eyes widen, and a tear escaped before he wiped it away, “thank you, Suki, your part of my family to...But it’s my duty to protect you”, Mike said, serious again.

I sighed, "mike, just because I'm the queen, it doesn't mean you have to protect me”.

   It was his turn to cup my cheeks, and he looked me in the eyes. “Suki, even if you weren't the queen, I would STILL protect you”.

I nodded, and then I looked at Ramie, who was looking at David, Ramie…

  I didn't know what to say to him, maybe, thank you for everything, or, I love you.

“Suki, I’m sorry for not telling you it’s just that-“

I interrupted him by rushing up and hugging him so tight, he could barley breath. “Thank you, uncle, for everything, I love you so much, but I just wish you had tell me”. And with that, I wiped away the tears that were falling, Ramie hugged me again, when we were done, we all looked at David.

Ramie’s eyes scanned David’s body, and David laughed.

  “Look, Ramie, I have no weapons, no murderous weapons; my duty is to PROTECT the queen, not KILL her”.

His eyes looked so evil, that I found it hard to believe he meant it. Why would he want to protect the people he most hated, well besides Mike anyway?

   Ramie’s eyes narrowed, then he sighed, “look, I want to talk with you later David, But right now we need an apartment, or at least, someplace to stay”.

Ralph was jumping up and down again, and I knew he had something to say.

  “What Ralph?” I asked, wanting him to be quick about it.

“Um, well, I know a place we can stay, it’s not really big, but it’s not small either”.

  Lana squealed and hugged Ralph “isn't he just perfect”.

I couldn't help cracking up when she said that, Lana was acting different then usual, she wasn't herself right now and I knew sooner or later, she'd be back to the serious girl we all knew and love. When I looked at Mike, I realized he knew that too, he smiles at Lana. By the intensity of his stare, I knew he knew something, but what exactly did he know. I shrugged the thought off, I already had enough on my plate, I couldn’t afford to worry about Lana having a mental breakdown, right now. I mean, not only did my heart ache every time I looked at David, but I just found out I was the ruler of a god-damn country.
   I walked ahead of everyone; not really noticing my surroundings, all I did was think. I mean, would I be going back to school, would I go to collage, have a family? I really don’t think so anymore, I mean, it seems that my future was already decided for me since the day I was born. And here I thought that it was god who had the strong possibility of actually ruining someone’s life.
  I felt a rough hand on my elbow pulling me back. I already knew who it was but I stared back at pools of silver. “Wow, David, you know, your eyes are like, glowing”. I wanted to sound as girlish as possible, but even when I knew it worked, he still didn’t smile.

   He shrugged, “it does that at night”. I nodded, staring at my elbows, he let go, and wiped his hands on his shirt.  “Sorry, it's just, um, I couldn’t seem to get your attention”. He pointed to Ramie, and I saw him going in a taxi.

  I started walking back; “it seems that I’m not really noticing a lot of things lately”.

David smirked, “well; it seems that in your position, you really don’t have to notice anything”.

BAM, I slammed my hand on a nearby garbage can, and looked at David. I hated the way he sounded, the way he kept on making me look like a fool, what happened to the men in the bus, why did he suddenly change? i wanted the old david back.

  “STOP!, god David, just stop. Stop making me feel like an outsider, stop acting like someone who hates my guts.  I’m still a girl, I’m still a human teenager, stop telling me that I’m a noble, and that I don’t give a s**t about anything”. My emotions were coming out, and I blurted everything out like a fool.

  He spitted on the floor, looking like he didn’t really give a f**k about what I had to say.

  “ Except, you see, Suki, your not human, your a werewolf, and in my definition, you are a noble. You have noble blood, and I do hate your guts”.

  I looked at him, and I knew my eyes were watering; I walked faster towards the taxi. As I stepped in, Lana took my hands, comforting me. She saw, I knew she did, but did everybody see. I looked at Ramie, he didn’t look like he noticed anything, and Mike was talking to the taxi driver.

  I looked at Lana, “they didn’t notice”, she whispered, “only me and Ralph did”. David went in the car, sitting next to Ramie.

  The taxi drove for about two hours until we finally got to our destination. We all got out, and Ralph pointed at his apartment. His was all the way in the top. And I squeaked, running to it, Ramie laughed, "I guess someone was tired?" I nodded like a little girl.  Ralph's house outside was a bit old and out of paint, but we could fix that, and it looked a bit small.

   As he took out the keys, and opened it, we all ran in, literally ran.  He was right, it wasn’t too shabby, I mean, considering it was a teenager who lived here, by himself.     
   He smirked, “okay”, he said, sitting down on the couch, taking his breath, “We have just one little problem, there’s five of us and three bedrooms”.

  Me and Lana shrugged, “how is that a problem, I sleep with Lana, you sleep with David, and Mike sleeps with Ramie”.


© 2011 lovebug


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on June 23, 2011
Last Updated on June 23, 2011


Author

lovebug
lovebug

Weston, FL



About
I'm 16 years old, eccentric, and Haitian. I don't know what else to tell you except that I love writing stories. Its something i would love to do in the future and its something I do today. When I'm N.. more..

Writing
F**k IT F**k IT

A Poem by lovebug


Epilogue Epilogue

A Chapter by lovebug