Worst mistake

Worst mistake

A Chapter by lovebug

I woke up, and I remembered we had taken a train the other day. I remembered walking to the cab, paying them to take us to the nearest train station and when we arrived, we got on it as soon as possible.  Well as soon as the stupid train manager had allowed us too and I had fallen asleep just as fast.
    We didn’t know where the bus was going; all we knew was that it was full of old excited people. My vision was a bit blurry, but then it cleared after a while. I knew we were going to have to stay at a hotel tonight, I wasn’t that excited as I should have been. Lana was obviously awake before me, blabbering to David about the trip. My saliva got stuck in my throat, and I was pissed off. Lana was all over David, I clenched my fist and felt a strong need to just punch her in the face... to hurt her. I gasped at myself for thinking such horrible thoughts, I sighed, I was feeling jealous. I shouldn’t be, I knew that, he was just a friend, nothing more.
 
    I looked at Lana and smiled, she was happy, and then I looked at David, I knew he saw us as kids. It hurt me more than it should have, I mean we were friends, what more could I possibly want. I sighed again, and of course he'd think were kids yesterday I found out he was two years older than us. He was intelligent and gorgeous, too gorgeous to believe.  He looked at me while talking to Lana, I blushed I hoped he didn't hear my thoughts.
     All of a sudden I jumped, realization hit me, that was it, he read minds. I shook my head, knowing I was being crazy but what other explanation were there? He knew exactly what I was thinking about last time, the exact words. And thinking about the accident, he had only one scar that he probably got years ago. There were no other scars that pointed that he was even in our car, he was perfectly fine. He READ minds, and as I saw him smiling at me knowingly, I knew he heard what I was thinking about right now. I blushed, then he must've heard me calling him gorgeous.

  “Your awake” he said, smiling at me and standing up to go next to me. Lana waved at me and smirked a little, she defiantly knew something but what?

   “Yeah apparently that old lady has a crush on you”.

” let’s hope not”, he said, smiling “that hag doesn’t deserve someone like me”.

 “Your right she doesn’t” I breathed.
  
  He looked surprise, yet it wasn’t the mad surprise I thought he would have, he was just very curious. I didn’t know why but he was very hard to understand, so unpredictable, with the things he did and with the things he said.
  I was transfixed by the color of his hair, how it turned hazel in the sunlight and how his eyes seemed to become darker with every passing moment we stared at each other. He had pale skin yet it wasn’t that pale to call him white. His teeth were white though and when he smiled, it kind of shimmered.
    When I looked at his muscle, I always wondered if they were hard or soft, but enough about him, I had to get to the real problem.
  
   “So where are we staying, a hotel or a homeless shelter”.

   Yup that’s right, we were homeless, no home to go back to and no car to drive around. It was kind of frustrating, you know, sleeping in a bus in all. For the first time I just wanted to be in a place where I could call home. It wasn’t lonely, no, not at all, we had too many people. I mean a hot stranger I barley knew, my best friend, Ramie, Johnny and Mike. It was weird, it was like the family was complete, except for the stranger he was more like a friend, a very attractive friend.

  He looked worried, “we have no idea, Ramie said we'd stay in an apartment, but it might take a few days”.  I looked at Johnny as he played with Lana hair, tugging it as she smiled and took his hands off. She smooched him and I couldn’t help but laugh.

    “A few days, how many?” I said, not grasping that thought.

 “Maybe a week” he said, combing his fingers through his hair.

    “A week, where are we going?” I asked, angry again.

  “Um” he said “California”.

I froze; there was one word that popped into my head when he said that. Raphael. David looked at me, a playful smile on his lips.

   “Stop it”, I screamed, I hated thinking he could read my mind even though it sounded absurd. But every time he smiled at me so knowingly, like he knew everything, I couldn't help it.

    “What?” he said innocently.  

 “Stop reading my mind David just stop” and I blushed, and I wondered just how crazy did I sound.

    “No” he answered honestly “I can do whatever I want” and my eyes widened. I wasn't crazy, I had been right, this dude wasn't normal.

  I sighed, “no David, you cant, please stop, that’s my wish, please grant that wish”.
   
   His eyes widen, and I saw his eyes go on fire. I had no idea what I did that made him this angry, but his face was turning red, and he bited his bottom lip real hard.
    “FI-NE” he said it, in syllables, while his voice cracked. Lana saw exactly what had happened, and just breathed like she knew something I didn’t.

       “What did I do?” I asked.

“The worst mistake of your life” she said also getting up and joining him in the other seat.  

    My eyes widen, Lana was taking his side, it was like everybody was ganging up on me, Just because I told him not to read my mind? I looked at Lana, I knew she didn’t think I was crazy or she would have thought we both were crazy, I knew she was hiding something from me.

     “What-ever” I said.



© 2011 lovebug


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on June 22, 2011
Last Updated on June 22, 2011


Author

lovebug
lovebug

Weston, FL



About
I'm 16 years old, eccentric, and Haitian. I don't know what else to tell you except that I love writing stories. Its something i would love to do in the future and its something I do today. When I'm N.. more..

Writing
F**k IT F**k IT

A Poem by lovebug


Epilogue Epilogue

A Chapter by lovebug