Seems you dont know a lot

Seems you dont know a lot

A Chapter by lovebug


 After a while, they started taking all the shards out of Ramie's back and pressing a paper towels on his back to stop the bleeding. I could tell that he was starting to breath normally, and when they started wrapping him up, I choked a little.
    Mike got some anesthesia and they also pressed a paper towel on his head to stop the bleeding. As I saw this, I knew we were going to be alright but I had to be sure.  “Are they going to be okay”, I whispered as the doctor put the cast around my arm.
 
  “Completely, You and your family and um friend were very lucky that you guys aren't in any critical damage”.

  He smiled reassuringly at David and I and I felt a surge of love for this doctor. I jumped up and hugged him, "thank you, thank you, thank you", I repeated three time’s. The doctor chuckled, patting my head, muttering his you welcomes.

  I wiped some tears that were still falling from my face, “ we had our guardian angel with us” I smiled up at him.

“You have no idea” David muttered.

   "What?” I asked, not sure of what he had just said.

  “Nothing”, he said, smiling and then he looked at my arms and then at the doctor who was starting to cradle Johnny who was starting to get sleepy. "I don't think she needs to wear a cast, doc, it'll heal soon enough".
 
  The doctor looked at David, and I could tell by his face that he felt superior when it came to his work. "Your right David, it will heal, after a few weeks of course. She’s going to need this cast to make sure the bones are in the right place".
   
  I could tell David was planning to argue with him so I interrupted. “I’m so glad their okay” I said breathing a couple of breaths and David looked at me, nodding ever so slightly. I couldn’t help but look at his body; it was a miracle he didn’t get hurt.
   
    After a couple of hours Lana woke up, “oww, damn it man, I got a tremendous headache”.

“You shouldn't try to move.... you got hurt pretty badly on your forehead” I said taking her arms, and suddenly relief overcame me, I had no idea I was so scared, and I had no idea how much I needed them.
 
  “Yeah I noticed that, what happen to your arm?” she said staring at my cast and scanning the room for Johnny and when she saw him, a little smile formed in her lips.

“Oh nothing, it just got broken”. She looked at me like I had just said the most stupidest thing in the world, and I realized I did.

   “And that's what you call nothing?”
    
  I shrugged, “yeah from what Ramie has experienced, ours combined is pretty much nothing”. She looked at him, tears filling her eyes.

  “They’re going to be okay, right?" She said, shaking a little.

   “Yeah, they are”, I said, walking up to her and hugging her.

 “Yeah it’s weird that, that had to happen to Ramie” David said, interrupting our friendship moment.
   
  I looked up at David and bit my lips, trying to forget the whole situation.  “Yeah if it wasn't for him that would have happened to me, he was trying to protect me”. Tears started to fall but this time it was out of guilt
 
   There was nothing but silence, “thank god it didn’t, I think Ramie would have rather gotten hurt, then watch his niece go through the pain he’s feeling”, David said.

   I was starting to feel awkward,” So what do you think will happen now?” I asked.

    "Who knows, we've had plenty of drama so far”. Lana rubbed her forehead, as if adding pressure to it somehow eased the pain.

   “I guess your right”, I said, feeling sweaty and exhausted.

  “Yeah it's getting hot in here isn't it” said Lana as if she read my mind.

     “You got that right” I nodded, looking at the outdoors longingly.  
  
 The doctor came in, “I'm sorry, it seems the air conditioner just broke, were going be stopping the car for a while, you can go outside for a bit of fresh air if you want”.

   "Okay", I said, kind of thankful to get out of the truck.  We were about to get up, then I looked at Lana, who was still rubbing her head. “Lana are you sure you want leave?”

    “Yeah I’m fine” she said, shaking me off and picking up johnny so he wouldn't have to stay alone.  
  
  “Okay but be careful”, we got out of the car and the wind started playing with my brown curly hair. I breathed it in and smiled.

  “How can you be so carefree?” David asked his face so serious, yet gentle.

  “What do you mean?” I asked, tipping my head backward as we walked.
 
  “That, right there, you’re enjoying yourself, even after what just happened”.

“Well you can't hate everything” I responded.” My grandpa always told me no matter how bad things got, you just have to move on and live your life because if you don't, you wont have one”. 

  David eyes suddenly became so intense, “I never heard him say something like that”.
 
  "No you probably wouldn’t", I said crossly.

   “How would you know?”

  “Don't you remember when you got mad?” I said twirling my hair a little, “When I said he was my grandfather”.

  “Oh”, David looked at the floor, “its just he's... so Frustrating, he always does things by the book”.

    “Well maybe that's how you see him, but me I don' see him that way. I was shocked when Ramie agreed that you could come, He loves his dad so much”.  I felt the urge to do a cartwheel but looking at my broken arm I knew I couldn't. I felt slightly disappointed but that was before David looked at me
 
  “Maybe he just knows something that you don't" David said walking ahead of me. I pulled his arms so he could be right beside me, then blushed when he grinned and I realized what I had just done
 
  "Like what?" I said curiously, shrugging my nerves off, "what could he possibly have to hide from me".

  "Stuff", he said shrugging. I looked at him, Just when I was about to pry for more information, BOOM, we turned around and the truck was on fire.


© 2011 lovebug


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on June 21, 2011
Last Updated on June 22, 2011
Tags: Its alright


Author

lovebug
lovebug

Weston, FL



About
I'm 16 years old, eccentric, and Haitian. I don't know what else to tell you except that I love writing stories. Its something i would love to do in the future and its something I do today. When I'm N.. more..

Writing
F**k IT F**k IT

A Poem by lovebug


Epilogue Epilogue

A Chapter by lovebug