Secrets

Secrets

A Chapter by lovebug

 
  "Mommy wait up” mike said, snoring some more.
 
 Ralph breathed in, and carefully took out the cell phone and i smiled as i looked at the silver phone that was sure to tell me all i needed to know.  then as soon as he he was about to hand it to me, Mike grabbed his hands.

 “Wai- mommy, let my cell phone go”, he said. we both looked at eachother and then  at mike, his eyes were still closed. When he let go, I slowly went to Ralph and took the cell phone from his hands. Right then and there, mike’s eyes opened, and he grabbed Ralph’s hands. My heart started beating hard, as he eyed us curiously, while the cell phone was in my back pocket.
 
  “Who’s this?” Mikes he said, looking at Ralph, not letting go of ralphs hand.

 “Um, that’s Ralph my new friend, and you might be wondering why I'm holding his hands as well. You see, he wanted to pour some water on you but your defenses went crazy” I said cheekily. He eyed me, and my palms started getting sweaty, I was afraid he knew I was lying.

  “Alright then, get out of here” he said snatching his hands away from Ralph.

 “Thanks Mike”, I said, walking backwards and going to my seat.

   “You got it?” Ralph whispered.

 “Yeah” I smiled, feeling victorious. carefully I took out the cell phone, and opened it.

 “Let me see” Ralph said, blocking me from mikes view while coming cloer.

I looked at Ralph, I didn't know if i could trust him entirely yet. he might have made me feel completely comfortable but could i trust him with my family's secret.

   “I don’t know”, I said honestly.

 “I’ll keep anything bad a secret”, he said, begging me.

 I looked at him and breathed, I closed my eyes and reopened them. i had to trust him, he almost got beat by mike for me and i felt, deep in my heart, he could be trusted.

  “Okay” i said and he squealed like a girl, making me laugh.

I went to Mike's mail, and pressed messages. I saw all of the one's he received from, Ramie, David and F.k. I went to F.k first. At first I was confused, they were saying a lot of things I didn’t get.

F.k: Ramie, do u understand WATS going on, what she’s going to do

Ramie: Nothing dad, she wont DO anything, I wont let her, she doesn’t deserve that type of life

(Who are they talking about? I thought and why is ramie using mikes cellphone. i closed my eyes and i finally remembered that Mike sometimes allowed ramie to use his cellphone for emergencies, i guess this was an emergency.)

 F.k: It’s nt ur decision weather Suki deserves that type of life, its hers. She’s the only one who gets to decide the way she wants to live her life

  (Oh, their talking about me, but what do they mean? My decision, my life, what the hell are they talking about?)

Ramie: Look dad, it is her decision but once she turns 18, she’s not 18 yet is she. She’s only 15 years old right now.

 (Ralph looked at me confused and I smiled. “This was last year, that’s why”, I said and
he nodded.)

F.k: why can’t you tell her NOW, why later, she’ll understand?

   (Understand what, I whispered and my heart was pounding from frustration)

 F.k: Ramie, you still there?

   (I scrolled down mikes cell phone)

Ramie: Oh I’m here dad, and you know what, she won’t understand, leading a country isn’t something you can understand.

  (My eyes went wide, and my heart pounded, my hands were getting sweaty from scrolling down to much. I looked at Ralph, and he nodded, urging me to go on).

 F.k: That is why she should know now, so she can get use to leading Bloodlucks.

  (Bloodlucks, I smiled at that name, wondering if I was reading a fairytale instead of something that they actually talked about. Then my smile fell as I read what they were texting next).

 Ramie: Bloodlucks not a normal country father, it’s full of vampires, werewolves, and god knows what else. How can I trust she shall be protected when she hasn’t even developed her powers yet.

  (POWERS, POWERS, WERE THEY GODDMAN CRAZY.)

“Suki”, Ralph said nudging me, I ignored him, continuing to scroll down the phone

“SUKI”, he whispered sharply.

“WHAT?” I screamed turning around.

He smiled, and then I realized what he was talking about, mike was in front of me, his face all serious. I gulped, “hey Mike”


© 2011 lovebug


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on June 22, 2011
Last Updated on June 22, 2011


Author

lovebug
lovebug

Weston, FL



About
I'm 16 years old, eccentric, and Haitian. I don't know what else to tell you except that I love writing stories. Its something i would love to do in the future and its something I do today. When I'm N.. more..

Writing
F**k IT F**k IT

A Poem by lovebug


Epilogue Epilogue

A Chapter by lovebug