Truth

Truth

A Chapter by lovebug

  He laughed, “well, isn't someone in a hurry, I thought you would be like I’ll wait for Ramie.”

  I looked at him dead in the eye, “he kept this from me for years, and he probably would have continued if I didn't get suspicious and look in Mike’s cell phone”.

  He sighed, “Look, Suki, he kept it from you for a very good reason”.

I crossed my arms, and let the wind play with my hair, “well; I still think it was my decision, not his”.

  He nodded, and licked his lips out of nervousness,” fine, I’ll tell you, but you probably wouldn’t understand. Come on, let’s take a walk or something”.

  I looked at Ramie, and Mike, they were too busy arguing to notice anything, and Lana and Ralph were to busy acting like lovesick puppies. something was definitly wrong with lana, she wasnt the type of girl to jump on a guy the seconds she sees them. and as i saw mike looking at her with concern in his eyes, i knew he knew it too.

  “Yeah, we can go for a walk or something”, I smiled a bit as I realized I mimicked him. Looking at him, he realized I had said the same thing and his eyebrows irked in irritation.

  “Very funny”, he muttered, and grabbed my hand; he led me to this strange, occult, kind of shop. I blushed, his hands were rough, yet they held my hands so gently.
“I’m going to start off with a well know folk tale”, he said, snapping me out of my day dream.

  I nodded, wanting him to continue, he laughed at my impatience and I smiled, I realized I really liked his laugh, almost loved it.

  His hands squeezed my hands, and then, he kept on talking. “Well you see there's this really old legend about the city of Bloodlucks, I’m sure you heard of Dracula, right?”

  I rolled my eyes; “don’t go telling me that Dracula ruled Bloodlucks with an iron fist, until the citizen, a.k.a monsters, kicked him out”.

 He laughed again,” not at all, I wouldn’t dream of it, but some of what you said is true”. I smiled, and looked at his black hair; it looked so soft that I felt a strong urge to just touch it.

  “What part”, I whispered, trying to keep my attention on what he was saying, instead of how he looked, and how great he sounded.

  “The part of the citizens kicking him out”, he breathed, “your right, they kicked him out but not because he ruled Bloodlucks. Tch, there’s no way we would be that stupid and let him destroy our land, he didn’t come from Bloodlucks, He came from hell. Well, that’s what the legend says anyway.
    You see, when I was young, my dad would tell me, don’t be afraid of the soldiers David, be afraid of Dracula". he looked me in the eyes as he was telling me his dads story and how much pain shown in them made me feel an almost uncontrollable urge to cuddle him and say everythings going to be alright but before i could, he looked away and continued.
   "Even though I never knew him, I asked my dad why, he told me that once upon a time, Dracula killed so many of our kind, that we almost became extinct.  That’s the legend; Dracula had come to Bloodlucks to kill so many citizens. Werewolves, witches, goblins, ogres, and… vampires. Finally, they had realized he needed to be stopped and the king and queen of Bloodlucks joined together, and killed him, but In return they killed themselves”.

  I noticed how serious he had become and wanted to lighten the mood, “so you’re saying that this s**t is just like some of the other fiction novels. I gotta rule Bloodlucks, so that Dracula doesn’t come back?” I groaned in distress, “Cant Ramie and his bloodhounds do that”.

  He laughed again, but this time I didn’t get what was so funny, “why are you laughing?”

  “You said… bloodhounds”.

 I nodded, noting how his grey eyes twinkled mischievously, “yeah bloodhounds, you know, vampires?”

 He nodded, “that weird how that’s the first thing that you thought of was vampires”.

I shrugged,” and walked around the shop, it wasnt that bad actually. the inside wasnt like the outside, the outside looked rundown and dirty but the inside was almost magical. the walls were purple and there were so many lights of different colors that made the room really light up. and the items, oh god, the items were a mold of clay brought to life. there were sculptures of fairies and golbins, spellbooks and witch brooms. it was truly something i thought i would only see in the movie "secret circle
".

  "not really, i said, getting back to the subject on hand. I mean, in the novels that I read, vampires were the nobles of their country. The ruler, the one’s who ruled with an iron fist, and the ones who killed with no emotion”.

  He smiled, but it wasn’t gentle, it was cruel, “your stories are very...  Different from the truth”. His voice had become deeper, almost dangerous, almost with anger.

  “Um… Yeah”, I said getting nervous, “well I wouldn’t really know, I mean, that’s in my book anyway”.

  “The vampires are the slaves”, he said brutally, “the ones who were forced to do the dirty work, they were forced to kill. They didn’t want to, I mean they had all the time in the world to do that, but no, the king didn’t care. He wanted them to do as they were told, so that’s why they rebelled, that’s why were free”.

  I noticed that he said were at the last part of his speech, “are you saying you’re a vampire?”
He nodded,” yes, the half blood, the good for nothing b*****d. he smiled so cruelly at me when he said that ad i shivered but strangely, I didn’t feel scared, just comforted, no matter how weird that felt, I knew I could be safe with him.

  “I’m Sorry, I mean, I never knew that, and I never really thought about vampires that way. I mean, in the stories there so strong, so magnificent, so intriguing. I never thought that they were once, slaves”.

  He nodded, “we weren’t meant to be, that’s what my dad said anyway. You see, we were meant to rule, in a dictatorship, we would have ruled. I mean, we could kill anyone with a snap of a finger. The citizens were just tools to us, just a mere twig in a kingdom of trees".
  the way he talked was so monsterous, he acted as if the citizens were nothing, his eyes twinkled with amusement as he talked about killing them. this wasnt the david i knew, he wasnt the same when he talked about  his country and his race, i didnt like it, not one bit.

   They were nothing compared to us, we were the ones who could see at night, the one’s that could run 20 miles in one second, no less then a second. But it wasn’t a dictatorship, it was a democracy, and those stupid citizens, they picked werewolves, our deadliest enemies. And because of that, we became slaves, torture animals” he said bitterly.

  I shivered at what he said, “David, what does any of this have to do with me”.

' “Suki, haven’t you figured it out by now, the reason I could no longer read your mind the second you wished for it, kinda ordered me to. You’re the well known queen of Bloodlucks, the one we love, admired, worship. That’s why F.k gave you his bracelet”, he said holding my hands up for me to see it one more time. “so that whenever you want to go there, all you have to do, is press the moon and the star in the middle. And then, right there, you’ll be teleported to your country. You’re the one who can stop Dracula from ever coming back”.

  My eyes widened, “I mean, I knew I was probably a noble, but not a queen. Take me back to Ramie”, I said hastily.

  He chuckled meanly,” already; you realize your position and mines”. I snatched my hand away, he was holding it too tightly, I rubbed it and noticed how red it had become.

  “you said you were free”.

“I am”, he said, “but none of us can resist the urge to obey the ones who imprisoned us in the first place”.


© 2011 lovebug


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on June 22, 2011
Last Updated on June 22, 2011


Author

lovebug
lovebug

Weston, FL



About
I'm 16 years old, eccentric, and Haitian. I don't know what else to tell you except that I love writing stories. Its something i would love to do in the future and its something I do today. When I'm N.. more..

Writing
F**k IT F**k IT

A Poem by lovebug


Epilogue Epilogue

A Chapter by lovebug