Smile

Smile

A Chapter by lovebug


  Ralph whined in protest, and we finally realized what he wanted, I giggled, and took Lana hands. I wanted to find my room as soon as possible, it was already late, and I wanted to take a bath and get to bed. When we picked our rooms, we went in. our room was very… pink, there was a pink lamp, and pink bedrooms cover, not to mention a very pink door. There was only one door that was a different color.
   I walked towards it, and opened its pale blue doorknob, when I opened it, I broke into a smile. “Well, Lana, I guess I’m going to take a bath”. She smiled, and nodded for me to get going, squealing I closed the door, and opened the water waiting for it to heat up.
   When it finished, I went in, I was so thankful, to Ralph and god for sending him to me. As the hot water flowed on my body, making me relaxed and comfortable, I noticed a shampoo bottle, my smile widened, as I held it on my hands, I noticed the title, SUPER BOY X, I giggled.

  ” well, its not bad to smell like a boy once in your lifetime”.

  I squeezed the shampoo bottle until shampoo came out, and I washed my hair, conditioned, then repeated.  I kept on sighing, out of joy of course, then all of a sudden, Lana knocked on my door.

  "Yeah, what girl?” I asked, getting a bit impatient, I wanted to keep on bathing, I mean, I soaped, washed, now relaxation.

   “Suki, I need to take a bath too, you know?” she said, tapping her feet on the door. I breathed in, and got out of the shower, I guess relaxation would have to wait until tomorrow.

   “I’m coming out I said”, full of regret, as I opened the door, with a towel around me, Lana rushed in, pushing me out. “Well, that was very nice of you”, I muttered sarcastically.

   I heard the shower being opened, and shook my head; something was definitely going on with Lana. I quickly putted on my teddy bear Pj’S on and waited for her to come out. When she was done, she put on her clothes, and started combing her hair. She noticed me staring at her, and finally looked at me, her face full of frustration. “Can you please tell me what you find so good to look at?”

   I crossed my hands, “are you having a mental break down of some sort?”

“WHAT?” she asked, confusion written all over her face. I shrugged,

   “well, not to point out the obvious here, but you’re sorta acting different”.

Her eyebrows quirked, “how is that exactly?” she said, her voice as gentle as a winter breeze.

  “Well”, I said, taping my fingers, “well, for instance, you acted sweet when you found out about Ralph and acted like you kind of wanted to marry him”. Her mouth fell opened when I said that, but she didn’t say anything.  “Then, right now for instances, you acted, kinda mean, your like bi-polar or something, is there anything you want to tell me?”

   She looked at me, combing harder and faster, until finally she relaxed. She went towards me, and sat down besides me.

  ”Suki, I’m scared, I guess Ralph was my one way ticket to emotional need, someone that made me forget the situation were in”. she whimpered,” I mean, I thought we would die when the car went crazy, and then when you said you felt that maybe you should have been in that burning truck. That’s when I started going crazy, that day; I felt that, maybe this trip would change us for the worst, turning you into a suicidal freak and me into a loner. I don’t want to be alone, that’s my worst fear, you know that”.

I shook my head, finally understanding where this was coming from. She was afraid that we'd change, and now knowing my situation, she was afraid that I might not live, but wait, why?
“Wait a minute, why do you think we’d die, or change for that matter. I mean, I’m just supposed to rule a country, and you guys are just going along for the ride”.

   She shook her head; “David didn’t tell you everything, not everything. You see, were suppose to be here, me, Ramie, Mike, Ralph, even David. Basically as your protectors, your, heavenly stars as they said in a novel I once read. You see Suki, Bloodlucks isn’t like England, it’s dangerous to rule a country like Bloodlucks". Lana started playing with her hands as she became more fired up.
   "When you’re the queen of my country, people try to kill you to take your place, or to kill the people you are involved with. Your family , or your lover for example, just because you know us, it puts all of us at risk. We know this but we love you, and were willing to risk it all. Mike had asked me, exactly when I turned 15, when I found out you were the queen, would I want to go with you to Bloodlucks and help you rule. There was no mistake of what he was asking me, would I die for my best friend, for my sister, for my family. I nodded, I said yes,  I would, and that’s when the decision was made". she bit her lips, playing the events in her head.
  "That’s when the real danger started, when John started asking for money, money we obviously didn’t have. I thought it was just a coincidence but now I don’t think so anymore”.

  I looked at her, and finally I hugged and she started crying, and when she was done my shirt was soaked. “You’d die for me, Lana, but sweetie; I’d also die for you. I’ll protect you guys, I might be a girl, but I’m strong okay? You guys are my family, don’t ever forget that”.

 She laughed, and hugged me again, “god, am I acting like such a baby or what”.

We laughed, and cried that night, and fell asleep smiling.


© 2011 lovebug


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on June 23, 2011
Last Updated on June 23, 2011


Author

lovebug
lovebug

Weston, FL



About
I'm 16 years old, eccentric, and Haitian. I don't know what else to tell you except that I love writing stories. Its something i would love to do in the future and its something I do today. When I'm N.. more..

Writing
F**k IT F**k IT

A Poem by lovebug


Epilogue Epilogue

A Chapter by lovebug