Reinforcement

Reinforcement

A Chapter by lovebug

                                  INSIDE THE HOUSE
Ramie was pacing, walking up and down , not knowing what he wanted to say to Mike but knowing he had to get something out of his head. “Mike what are we going to do?” Ramie said, running his hands through his hair.

“Run like we planed to” Mike said calmly, he was always the calm one, the one who stuck to the plan, who was always the rock Ramie could lean on.

“Yeah but Suki-”, Ramie said, pain in his eyes, hands clenching

“It’s for her own good, Ramie, you cant let this one little girl change your mind on something that we HAVE to do”. He said interrupting, feeling a bit irritated, knowing, in a way, Ramie would be asking him all of this.
 
   “I can't Mike, I'm only 23 years old and I have to run... from my own people, from people she doesn't even know”.
 
  “From OUR own people, and if we don't do this, our people will kill her, they will do anything necessary to make sure she doesn't live another day, to know her true origins”, Mike said, his eyes looking around nervously.“ Look lets talk about this in the car”.

   “Okay” Ramie said, nodding, understanding that this would be better in the long run.

         IN THE CAR

  “Look, their coming” Lana said.

I nodded, jumping up and down in excitement. “Good I have some questions I have to ask them”.
  As they hopped in, my uncle turned in the gear and drove. It didn't surprise me, Ramie always took the lead, no matter who's car it was but Mike always told him where to go. Ramie might act macho but he was a sensitive forgetful old fool and Mike was the one who always made sure he knew what the hell he was doing, they were quite a pair those two.
   After a while, we still weren't out of the community, only three more minutes and we would be on our way to where ever we were going. “Why are you doing this to us?” I asked after a couple of minutes, no longer able to hold it in. He kept quiet until we were completely one mile away from the community.

   “We have to” he said, simply.

“Why?” I was still so confused.

   “To keep you safe”, he said, looking in the rear view mirror to get a better look of the streets. I laughed my confidence to protect myself and the people I loved had been building up after what I did to John.

   “Yeah right”, I said” I'm, already safe”.

“Yeah from John, no one else”. He said that with such confidence, that I almost decided to stop asking question, almost.

“Whatever”.



© 2011 lovebug


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on June 21, 2011
Last Updated on June 21, 2011


Author

lovebug
lovebug

Weston, FL



About
I'm 16 years old, eccentric, and Haitian. I don't know what else to tell you except that I love writing stories. Its something i would love to do in the future and its something I do today. When I'm N.. more..

Writing
F**k IT F**k IT

A Poem by lovebug


Epilogue Epilogue

A Chapter by lovebug