Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

Kara heard no more voices from the device. Could she believe what she heard? What do they want with me? Did they plan this? If so, how long? Was her simple lifestyle about to change? What had she gotten herself into? The sun seemed to disappear faster as night pushed itself forward. Kara laid in her bed and stared at the ceiling. She got no sleep partly because she figured that she would have nightmares. Just that morning she was quiet and felt normal but now that had changed. What would happen tomorrow? Kara didn’t know and really, she didn’t want to find out.

            Morning crept its way out into the night sky turning it to day and Kara was forced to pack. Today her mom was being extra nice by giving her pancakes for breakfast along with sausage and bacon. This was special for Kara because she was usually the one who made pancakes. Her dad came in with a newspaper that Kara guessed he had bought from one of the machines down the street. Once he sat down at the table he set it down and looked at her with sad eyes.

            “I am so proud of you,” he said as he took his daughter’s hand. Kara smiled, if only he knew. But if he knew she would have to explain the earpiece and why she had taken it. She wanted to tell him but something kept her silent. Perhaps it was because his happiness and smile were too much. Then her sister entered the room.

            “Woohoo! So I won’t see you again for another six months? Sounds like heaven to me! But maybe we will cross paths at some point when I do my class trip to Washington, D.C..” Kara smiled at her sister because she knew that she was teasing, at least she hoped. But, Washington, D.C.? Her sister noticed the confused look on her face.

            “Remember? Once you are a Junior in High School you get to go to Washington, D.C. and do a whole bunch of cool stuff. Well, anyways, I got to go to school.” Her sister slapped her hard on the back before leaving. She was going to dig into her breakfast but she was once again interrupted.

            “Honey, have you packed yet?” her mom asked.

            “Yes, mom.”

            “Did you remember your toothbrush?”

            “Yes.”

            “Socks?”

            “Yes.”

            “Cell phone?”

            “Yes.”

            “Your �"�"”

            “Mom, please, I have everything.”

            “OK, I’m sorry, I guess I’m just nervous about you leaving. You have never really been away from us for more than a week or two,” her mom looked at her with loving eyes that made Kara begin to feel bad. She finally got to eat her breakfast and text her friends goodbye. Then she ran upstairs when she remembered the earpiece. It was still on her desk but no voices came from it. Normally, Kara would return it but if they knew that she took it she would be in trouble. She went into the bathroom because she was planning to crush and flush it down the toilet. Kara hesitated for a while but came back to her senses and stomped on it as hard as she could. The device was so damaged that there would be no possible way to fix it and with that she flushed it. She held her breath as she waited for the toilet to swallow while hoping that it wouldn’t get backed up. Luckily, it didn’t.

            Kara spent the rest of the time with her family. She didn’t want to leave them, she loved them. Don’t worry, guys, I will find a way back home somehow, Kara thought as she played games with her parents. Every time she looked at the clock she seemed more and more depressed. Kara looked at the clock one last time, it was noon. The strangers were going to take her away. Could she stop them?

            “I love you so much, Kara,” her mom was on the verge of tears as she kissed her daughter goodbye.

            “We will miss you, my little darling,” her father held her tight not wanting to let go so soon.

            “I will miss you, too. I love you, Mom. I love you, Dad,” Kara didn’t want to let go of either of her parents but Frank told her that it was time to go. Frank and Daniel led her outside to the car but she stopped walking. Her face was dead serious.



© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Hope you liked it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.