Chapter 20

Chapter 20

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

            “Did you do that?” he said, looking at Kara.

            “Ya, why?” Kara wondered why he was stunned and shifting nervously. The agent didn’t answer her, instead, he looked her up and down before leaving. She didn't know what that meant but her fingers went up to her neck and scratched. She stopped as tears welled up in her eyes and saw that her finger nails had blood on top and underneath them. Kara rubbed her eyes.

            “Um… Well, now you know where the gym is,” Daniel was unsure of what to say, “Where to next?”

            “You mean ‘next,’ as in another death trap?” Kara asked a little sarcastically and Daniel scratched the back of his neck.

            “Maybe we should make Kara memorize the way to the infirmary. She seems to get hurt a lot.” Ben suggested and they started on their way. They walked down the long hallway again and went left, right, left. As they walked they ran into several agents most of which stared at Kara’s neck and whispered. Ben pulled her arm, guiding her through the crowd. They finally made it out of the crowd and entered the infirmary. There was a lot of men in the room. All of them were men. Kara saw that they were all sitting up in the beds, all except for one. The ‘one’ was lying still in his bed with his eyes closed. She remembered that these men were the guards. She thought that they would want to beat her to a pulp but they just stared at her. Kara shifted her eyes to the medical equipment not wanting to be caught staring.

            "These are the guards you knocked out,” Ben said as he rummaged through several drawers.

            “I know. Will they be ok?”

            “Yes, they’ll be fine.”

            Kara looked at the men, “I’m sorry… I was mad. Really, I just wanted out of here and I was determined to hurt anyone that stood in my way.” She received a few nods from the men that understood. Other men hung their heads either in pain or angry that they had gotten beat up by her.

            “When will they be able to leave?” She asked Ben.

            “Actually, if they want they can leave now.” All of the men got up, “Now let’s take care of your neck. I’ll put some pain relief on it. I think that it should help. I want to put a bandage on it but it might look strange.”

            “I don’t care what you do as long as I don’t feel this thing.” Kara pointed at the cut as if it didn’t even belong to her. As Ben touched her cut with pain relief she bit her lip. The pain relief wasn’t stinging as much as Ben’s hand moving over her cut.

            “Ben, are you done yet? We still need to show her the way to the gun room.” Frank poked his head into the infirmary.

            “Yes, I’m done.” Ben said as he rinsed his hands from the pain relief.

            “Why was that man in the gym? And how did you know who he was?” Kara directed the question at Frank.

            “He was an agent until today. I never would have thought that he would be someone to run errands for another person other than the director.”

            “An insider…..” Kara said quietly as she turned her head to look at the guard that was still unconscious. It’s like I am an insider, beating up all the guards….. Her cut stretched as she turned her head. The more she thought about it stretching the more it grossed her out. She decided that she would have to turn her eyes and keep her head straight forward. They walked out of the infirmary, turned down some stairs, opened a steel door, and they were in the gun room.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
What do you think? Hope you liked it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.





Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen
Compartment 114
Compartment 114