Chapter 24

Chapter 24

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

           Her school was hard and consisted of two teachers. They were friendly but she could tell that they hated their jobs. It was because of her that they were teachers. She learned every subject and had homework in every subject. For her there was no resting. The room she was taught in was at the very end of the CIA headquarters. It had a desk, a chair, and a whiteboard but nothing else. The teachers did not sit down and Kara felt bad for them. Occasionally, she would drift off during a lesson and whatever teacher she had at the time would knock on her desk. She would pry her eyelids open and the teacher would repeat the question. Kara always said the wrong answer and received a long explanation of the right answer in return. That was how the month went. Now, she was going to learn why they brought her there.

            The next morning, Kara ate breakfast with nobody. Of course there were adults all around her but she didn’t know any of them. She sat by herself at an empty table that she had always occupied with Frank, Daniel, and Ben. Kara ate quickly because she was anxious to get to the Conference room. In the Conference room there was only Daniel, Ben, and her. The director had not yet arrived but where was Frank? Since there was nobody but them in the room, Kara took a seat next to Ben. If she was asked who was her friend in the agent world she would have to choose Ben. However, she was taught to trust no one not even him. Not even the director, not even Frank, not even Daniel. Nobody. Kara was going to ask Daniel and Ben a question but the director entered the room.

            “One month already……….mmmm. Seems like you just beat up our guards when you tried to escape,” he said in thought.

            “Sir, where is Frank?” Kara asked although she wasn’t really spoken to first. At least not in a question form.

            “He will be away for a while.”

            “But I asked�"�"”

            “Sorry, I cannot answer.” The director put up his hand and Kara didn’t try to speak anymore.

            “Today, what you are going to hear is classified information and you will receive your first mission.” The director looked her in the eye, “We received information about two and a half months ago that a man was creating a bomb.”

            “What’s so bad about a bomb?” Kara interrupted.

            “This is no ordinary bomb. This bomb can destroy a state, a continent, or maybe even the whole world. We don’t know his name but we do know what he looks like.”

            “The world? That’s insane! It’s impossible!”

            “Apparently not. Here is his picture.” The director took out a freshly printed picture of a man. The man had greasy, black hair, thick glasses, and clear white skin. To Kara he looked like an ordinary business man.

            “This is who we’re after?” Kara wondered if he printed the wrong picture.

            “Sir, this man looks like a business man,” Ben said also wanting to put his word in.

            “That is a cover up. Kara, normally, I would send an adult to do this but……”

            “Teens cause less suspicion. You have said that before, sir.” Kara finished his statement.

            “Yes, anyways, you are just as good as an adult agent. You are very smart too, judging by your grades. This is your first mission and I don’t expect it to go perfect. Still, I want you to listen to my directions.”

            “Well, you are the director.” The director glared at Kara.

            “Sir, before you begin I would like to know something. Are we going to be a part of this mission? Because you are not really talking to us.” Daniel spoke up.

            “You are. I was going to tell you while I was explaining the plan. Daniel, Ben, you two will drive her around the city until you find this man. Do not park close to him. You should park about a block away. Then, Kara will get out and follow him far behind. She will tell us the building he goes into, what floor, and room that his office is in. Kara will need to get into his office somehow and find some evidence that the bomb really exists. There, Daniel, now I am talking to you.”

            “Is that all there is for the plan?” Kara questioned.

            “That’s it. Plain and simple. You will go tomorrow, today you are going to practice and strategize what you are going to do.” The director got up, nodded at them, and left. There were so many holes in this plan that Kara didn’t know what would happen. 


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Yay! We are getting to her first mission!! Then we meet another agent! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.