Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

           When they reached Ben she mouthed the word “thanks” although she didn’t really know what she was thanking him for. Daniel steered her into the elevator and let go of her arm. They stood in silence. Nobody but Ben had sympathy in their eyes. Kara caught Ben looking at her wrists and hands but she didn’t dare look at them for fear that he would realize that she was watching him. They reached the bottom when Ben spoke to her.

            “If you want I can bandage your hands and wrists.” He was still looking at the bloodstained hand and wrists that hung by her sides.

            “Um… Thanks. I actually forgot about them but now that you reminded me they hurt again.” Kara replied even though she never forgot about them. She saw the other three exchange glances and she once again wanted to know what was going on. Kara could tell that Daniel was going to go with them but Ben shook his head before he quickly led her down a long hallway. She looked back and saw that the three men were still watching them. She was relieved when they turned a corner. Finally, after turning several corners they reached the infirmary. Ben lifted her onto a patient bed and examined her hands.

            “What’s your name?” Kara asked while trying to distract herself from the on going pain.

            “Ben.”

            “Oh… Ben, why am I here? Not in here but this place,” she moved her hands trying to show him that she didn’t mean the infirmary. Ben looked at her with a puzzled expression for a second but soon understood what she meant.

            “I’m sorry, Kara, but I am not the one who is suppose to tell you. It’s the directors job. Heck, I am not even suppose to talk about it.” he explained as he rubbed medicine on her wrists and Kara cringed because as it began working it had a sting to it.

            “Wow! They must have really tightened those handcuffs.” Ben saw a chunk of skin missing on her left wrist.

            “It wasn’t only the handcuffs… The chunk of skin missing is from a guard who shot me with his shotgun.” She watched as Ben’s eyes widened.

            “Well then, you are lucky it barely hit you. You must be very brave to have faced that guard. Now, come with me and I will show you your room.” Ben finished wrapping her wrists. Kara jumped off the bed and followed Ben once again. The room Ben led her to was guarded by two big men that carried a Glock 18 in a holster and a M4 in their hands. They moved aside to let them enter and Kara was going to say something but she found herself too tired to.

            “Your alarm clock will wake you up at six o’clock. Be outside at seven thirty and I will show you where the Cafeteria is,” Ben instructed her. Kara only nodded and Ben looked at her sympathetically as he noticed that she was tired. He told her good night, turned on his heel, and left. Kara looked around the room and saw that her luggage was already there waiting for her. She changed into some pajamas, an oversized T-shirt and shorts, and laid in bed. Her room was not very colorful it was only white with a little blue and yellow. The room had little furniture like a closet, bed, chair, and a lamp, but that was it, nothing else. She looked at the clock and saw that it read twelve o’clock midnight which meant that she only had five full hours to sleep. Kara laid on her stomach, closed her eyes, and slowly drifted off to sleep.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
...... I am getting tired of filling this is but what do you think? Review please!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.