Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

         Kara flashed a nervous smiled before she started to run. Bullets began hitting the walls all around her as she zigzagged, jumped, and dodged like a madman without knowing where she was running to. The sound of bullets were ringing through her ears but suddenly it stopped as she turned a corner and she became aware of a man talking into his walkie-talkie. Kara didn’t care; she kept running as fast as she could and turned several corners. It was surprising that she couldn’t find anymore guards after all of the loud gunshots. She thought too soon. A man jumped in front of her blocking her path. I want out of here and nobody, not even you are going to stop me!, Kara thought with her teeth gritted. She could see that he was about to speak, probably about to negotiate something but Kara wasn’t in the mood for negotiations. Kara kicked him in the crotch, twisted his arm, punched him in the face, and quickly turned around and hit him on the nape of his neck as she had done with the others. She ignored the pain in her bleeding wrist and continued running. Then she saw it, her way of escaping this place, the elevator. A huge smile spread across her face as she found out that she didn’t need to wait for the elevator because it was already at the bottom from when she arrived. She ran inside, afraid that someone would stop her. Her chest heaved, her heart beat violently, she was going to leave, it was a dream come true. She rested her head against the wall and pleaded in her mind for the elevator hurry up because she was anxious to reach the top.

 

            “Sir, this is Jack from section 7B. A young girl just now pointed a gun at us and ran off. We tried to shoot her but we missed,” Jack called over his walkie-talkie.

            “You what?! You are lucky you didn’t hit her because otherwise I would kill you! This girl… she is my new agent, she must have escaped. I’m coming. We will cut her off. She cannot leave! I repeat she cannot leave!” the director yelled like a commander of an army.

            “Yes, sir!”

            “Director, sir, what is going on?” Ben asked coming to see why he was yelling.

            “Kara somehow escaped the white room.”

            “The one that doesn’t have anything in it?”

            “There isn’t any other.”

            “How on Earth did she do that?”

            “If I knew I would tell you.”

            “So, you are going to go get her?”

            “Yes, and I better go now or she will get too far. Frank, Daniel, you will come too,” the director ran to catch Kara with Ben, Frank, and Daniel following closely behind.

 



© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Hope you liked it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.