Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

            “That girl is good.” The director said.

            “What do you mean?” Ben asked.

            “She got a hold of Frank’s earpiece without him knowing. I guess that she was also listening in when I was talking to him.”

            “How? I wonder… she must have had some practice.”

            “Nope. I read over all of her activities and there was nothing other than that she used to do a sport years ago.”

            “So, we will have to train her everything we know, sir?”

            “Yes, and please do teach her well. Also, Ben, one other thing, I would like for you to get to know her more. Become her friend.”

            “Will do. Oh, sir, have you found a boy that is going to work along with her?”

            “Yes, but I will not send for him yet. Not for quite a while. You may go, Ben,” the director dismissed him and Ben left the room. Everything Ben did was a secret, a secret he kept from even his fellow agents for reasons that could never be explained.

 

            Kara was as bored as ever during the plane flight. Thankfully, the men let her have the window seat without an argument. She suspected that there would be an argument if they were anything like her sister. During the plane ride, she looked out the window and tried to figure out what the clouds reminded her of. It was wonderful at times when she got to see beautiful mountains, rolling, green hills, and fields of plants that she couldn’t name. Kara had always wondered what the view was like from a plane but now that she was on one she was afraid that it could crash at any second. She moved away from these thoughts and continued to look out the window until she began to zone out most of the time thinking of nothing. Kara had hours until the plane would land so she spent quite some time eating and drinking. Once, she heard Frank and Daniel talking among themselves in low voices. They were giving each other ideas on how to keep her from running away, Kara strained her ears and thought that she heard them agree on handcuffs. That wouldn’t her from running though, but then again, if people saw her in handcuffs they might think that she was a fugitive and call the police.

            Hours passed, Kara got sick of the sky and it’s fluffy clouds. Frank and Daniel never started a conversation with her and they didn’t even try. Really, they acted as if she didn’t even exist. If only I had a book to read, Kara thought. She found a small piece of paper in the pocket of the seat in front of her. It was a little worn and wrinkled but it would have to do. She stole the pen that was in front of Daniel’s seat and she stretched the paper over the leg of her pants. Over and over she wrote her name: Kara, Kara, Kara, Kara, and Kara. Her foot began to tap faster and faster. She had been sitting for too long, she was too constricted, and her mind felt like it would burst. It started to feel hot and beads of sweat appeared on her forehead. She felt like she was going to go insane when the plane finally landed on the gravel. They exited off the plane and searched for their luggage. Now the men seemed to notice her. They forced her to walk in line between them and Kara picked up her two red luggage rollers while Frank picked up one black duffle bag. Because they didn’t wait for any other luggage, Kara guessed that they shared the small bag. Daniel carried Kara’s second roller and they continued walking. Kara watched as people stared at them with their eyebrows knitted closely together. She glared up at Frank and Daniel and then at the people. Are you trying to draw attention? And, people, it’s kind of rude to stare, don’t you think? She crossed her arms in front of her chest. They finally reached a Ford E250 and the men waited until she was completely in the car. This time Frank drove.

            “Sir, we are on our way.” Kara heard Daniel say to the earpiece.

            Kara built up her courage before speaking, “Um… Frank, how long until we get to wherever we are going?” She began to regret speaking without being spoken to first.

            Frank adjusted the rearview mirror so that he could partly see her. He replied shortly, “An hour.”



© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Hope you liked it! Reviews are appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.