Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

            Kara left the house as soon as she heard the elevator reach the top. She was  headed towards the lake when a thought came to mind. How am I going to get all the way back to California? She shook the thought away and continued running. Somebody yelled at her to stop but she didn’t listen, then, someone yelled that they would shoot. Should she keep running? Is it possible for other men to be hiding in the forest? The men behind her were gaining on her and she stood her ground.

            “Listen! Girl! We only want you to work with us! If you refuse we have no choice but to put you in jail!” Kara recognized the voice to belong to the director. Her heart was pounding as they only stood ten feet apart. Should I make a run for it? Daniel reached a hand out to her but she backed away even farther.

            “You have no reason to put me in jail!”

            “You knocked my guards out! That is what I can put you in jail for now come with us!”

            “What do you mean work with you?”

            “That can be explained in the morning.”

            “What do you mean work with you?” Kara repeated.

            The director didn’t answer and wasn’t willing to answer until morning. Kara’s jaw set as her anger grew. Frank and Daniel were taking small steps toward her but every step they took, she stepped back. Over by the house she saw another figure and she was going to say something more but the person by the house spoke first.

            “Please, Kara, we won’t hurt you,” Ben said kindly which stunned her. Nobody on the whole trip was kind or said her name, it was always ‘the girl,’ ‘her,’ or ‘she.’ Kara teetered on her feet and found that was a little tempted to go to this kind man. Even if I leave, how will I get all the way back to California? I need to wait…. At first she thought that she was walking to them but then she saw that they were walking to her. No, I am going to choose who I go to. Kara held up her hand and to her surprise they stopped. She looked towards Ben. He was still by the house, she decided that it was her turn to make her move and hopefully no one would stop her.

            Kara began walking to them and she saw a flicker of a smile from Frank but it quickly changed to a puzzled expression that matched his friends when they saw her pass them. Ben noticed that she was looking straight at him. She wasn’t far behind Daniel when he quickly turned around and twisted her arm. Kara gritted her teeth and squeezed her eyes shut.

            “Can’t risk you running off again, now can we?” Daniel said as he forced her to walk. 


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Well.... What do you think? I really hope you are liking this!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.