Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

Kara looked through one of the grates to see the man pointing his shotgun straight at her. She panicked and crawled as fast as she could even if it wasn’t wise to. The man below her shot multiple times just barely missing her. She began to slow down and a bullet skimmed her left wrist not causing much damage. Now she was bleeding more, though, her blood was covering her hands and getting on the air duct. Kara decided that she needed to take him out before she could continue her escape so she allowed her anger to build up because it gave her strength that she would need. Kara opened the grate and while the man was reloading she jumped onto the man’s back. The man tried to throw her off and shot his gun without aiming. She hit him on the back of his head but nothing happened. He managed to whack her head hard with the butt of his gun and she fell to the ground. She didn’t give up. Kara pulled herself back up but the man had his gun pointed at her. She put her hands up and tried to plan her next move. The man seemed hesitant to pull the trigger, instead, he pulled out his radio but before he could speak into it Kara took his gun out of his hand and brought it down on his shoulder as hard as she could, kicked him in the crotch, twisted his arm behind his back, turned around before he could respond, and hit him hard on the nape of his neck. The man’s face relaxed as he slumped to the floor unconscious. That’s going to hurt in the morning, Kara thought as she grabbed his gun for good safety measures. She ran down the hall expecting someone to have heard the gun shots or the struggle but no one came. Kara ran farther until she saw another man that she noticed had one eye faded which meant that it was blind.

            The guard wasn’t looking her direction anymore but to be on the safe side she kept to the side that was blind. Kara could have sworn that he looked straight at her or past her when he turned around. With this man there was no struggle she just simply knocked him out and continued on her way. Kara knew that she would never give up. She would fight every man on the face of Earth in order to get back to her family. Kara walked a little farther down the hall when she saw a group of five men talking to each other. She would never be able to walk past them; she would have to knock all of them out. Then an idea came to mind, a crazy, stupid idea that had a fifty-fifty chance of working. Kara took a deep breath, stepped out into the open and pointed the Spas-12 at them. If she was lucky they wouldn't have their guns and would let her walk by but Kara was wrong. Why am I so stupid? Kara scolded herself, they are guards! They don’t go anywhere without their guns especially when they are on duty! Every single one of the men pointed a gun at her.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
What do you think? Hope you are enjoying this!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.