Chapter 22

Chapter 22

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

            “You’re late.” He glared at her.

            “This isn’t the easiest place to find, you know.” Kara told him but she was ignored.

            “Copy what I do.” Daniel began to kick and punch the air. There were different types that Kara couldn’t even begin to name. Kara could see how strong he was now. His muscles rippled with each punch and kick. She couldn’t imagine how a fight with him would end. Daniel left the room but quickly returned with human punching and kicking bags. He spun his legs up and around the neck of the bag. The human-like bag fell to the ground trapped between his legs. Kara knew that particular move was supposed to break his opponents neck. She cringed as she imagined the human bag as a real human with their neck cracking. I can’t do that. The dummy was taller than her by at least half a foot; she looked at Daniel who was waiting for her to do what he did. She jumped and swung one of her legs to hit the dummies head. When she landed she felt proud of herself but when she looked at Daniel it all went away. He showed her again but each time she tried she fell on her face. Daniel decided to give it a rest for a while and taught her the foot, elbow, kick technique. If she was ever caught she would dig her foot into his or her foot, elbow his or her chest as she could, and kick him or her in the crotch. It would be more effective on a guy, though.

            Kara was so good that it kind of scared Daniel. She couldn’t do the complicated neck and back breaking moves but she could be silent when she hit the dummy. Her punches and kicks made barely any sound, it was only a matter of whether or not her opponent would be.

            After lunch Kara went to Ben’s infirmary where things started to get kind of boring. When he taught it was as if he was giving a speech or a lecture like her parents would give her. Sometimes he would be fun by showing her how to bandage someone by wrapping her up in all of the wrappings. He even let her practice on him. It was as if they were playing a game of doctor. Ben began to teach her about different types of medicines that could cure certain things and how to stop someone from bleeding to death. What Kara hated the most was when he taught her how to give someone stitches. Ben made her try on a dummy that had skin like a normal human, although it wasn’t the correct color. To Kara it was repulsive to have to stick and needle and wire-like thread into somebody’s skin. Whenever she messed up she wondered that if the dummy was a real person how they would feel. When she got up to leave Ben mentioned to her that she would be great in the medical field, she only nodded. As she replayed everything in her mind, she felt like she would throw up.



© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Yes, I know it is a boring chapter.... Gets better though!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.