Chapter 25

Chapter 25

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

            Daniel made her train twice as hard. Kara knew that she must have smelt like a rotten fish or a dirty gym sock from training so hard. Today neither Frank or Ben would teach her. Frank was gone and Ben had nothing more to teach her about medical. When she finished her training, Daniel handed her a backpack.
            “You are going to wear this on the mission.” He instructed her.
            “But won’t that cause some suspicion?” Kara wondered.
            “No, it will look like you came from school. There is one nearby the city.”
            “What’s in it?”
            “Rope, your gun, a radio just in case you either loose your earpiece or it stops working, a lock picker, and some money.”
            “What do I need a gun for?”
            “Anything can happen on a mission,” Daniel headed for the Cafeteria so he could eat dinner. Kara stood there looking at the backpack’s contents. What if a cop wants to know what I have in the backpack?, Kara wondered. She pushed it to the back of her mind and went to her room. She wasn’t hungry.
            In the morning, Kara dressed in casual clothes, as usual. She put on some Capri’s, a spaghetti strap shirt, and a light sweater that draped down in the front. Ben and Daniel made her rush through breakfast so that they could have an early start. The director wished them luck before they rode off in a truck that had a cloth in the back, it looked like it was covering something. Ben drove while Daniel repeated the plan to her over and over. There was an intense, heart pounding feeling in the car that made Kara nervous. She breathed deeply to see if it would help calm herself down. She was taking too much in about her new life at once but there was no time to slow down. The truck swung out of the forest’s uneven ground and onto the smooth black pavement of the city. Tall black and grey glass, business buildings along with small coffee shops and shoe stores covered the pavement in front of them. Kara stuck an earpiece in her ear but almost immediately took it out because it felt uncomfortable and strange. Daniel showed her a way to put it in so that it would feel a little better. They drove down one road of the city a little below the speed limit while looking for their man. Kara knew that they car behind them must hate them. Hours had gone by, the people behind them had gotten frustrated and turned around. It was nearing noon. Kara was leaning her head against the wall with her eyes closed when she heard Ben say that he found him. She slowly opened her eyes and saw that Daniel was nodding his head for her to go.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
More is coming soon. Be patient with me as I am trying to make the chapters shorter on here. They were normally on a word document in book form which let's you have longer chapters (pages of chapters) but I know you guys probably don't want to read a dozen pages. Anyway, I Hope you are enjoying this!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on October 18, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.