Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

         One hour! It may seem like a short time but after being in a plane for several hours it seemed like a long time. I really am going to go insane, Kara thought, first the plane ride, now this! I wish I could go home. She looked around desperately for something to do in the car but it was perfectly clean. There wasn’t a scuff or a lose thread on the carpet-like seats. She sunk low into the seat and played with a small hole that was in her pants. Kara hated jeans with holes in them but now that she was bored and had nothing to do it seemed welcoming. It was beginning to get darker outside and her eyelids began to feel like weights. No, I have to stay awake. I need to think of a way to escape wherever I am headed. They were driving through the city but then Frank drove off the side of the road and into the forest. Kara wanted to scream at him to say that he was insane but she kept to herself. Tall trees loomed over the car and in the way of where they were driving and the sound of an owl hooting far away sent chills up her spine. The forest was gone, it was overtaken by a huge lake with the moon reflecting on it. Up ahead she could see a little house which was similar in size to a cottage and beside the house was an oak tree which had an old wooden bench next to it. To Kara, the house was beautiful and peaceful and that made her calmer. Frank parked the car behind the cottage-like house.

            Frank opened her door with Daniel beside him. Kara stepped out and started to walk towards the house but Daniel grabbed her. She winced as he pulled her arms behind her to put handcuffs on her wrists as tightly as he could. The handcuffs were so tight that Kara thought that she could feel her skin bulging around them. They led her around to the front door and she saw that the inside of the house wasn’t even close to being as beautiful as the outside. It had dead flowers still in a dusty vase, peeling wallpaper, torn and stained rugs, curtains with holes from moths, chairs with stuffing coming out, and the house was extremely dusty. That wasn’t even half of the house. The kitchen was the worst taken care of, if it had ever been. Food was crusted on the stove, dirty dishes were piled high in the sink, food was on the floor and countertops, the tiles were chipped and cracked, and the fridge was filled with moldy food and partly eaten food on plates. She could see in the fridge because it had been left open. Frank and Daniel led her roughly to the backroom and when they opened it Kara saw not a normal room but an elevator.



© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Hope you liked it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.