Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

           Kara was still waiting for the elevator to reach the top and the little house.  She stomped back and forth in the elevator wishing that it would go faster. Her anger began to build up again and she wanted out of there as soon as possible. She tried to control herself by tapping her foot thinking that if she kept moving she would be OK and her head began to swing left in right with the rhythm of the music that played in her head. Something was wrong. The elevator was slowing down but she knew that she wasn’t at the top yet. The elevator came to a complete stop and started moving down. How are they doing this? Are they doing this?, Kara thought as she looked around desperately not wanting to be caught. There on the ceiling was a trap door and if she was correct it was for people who get stuck in the elevator when there’s a fire, that way they could get out. She never knew how they reached it, though.

            Kara struggled to get to it as the elevator started going down at a much faster speed. Then, she though to herself, what if I were to jump while the elevator goes down? That way I will be in the air but the elevator will still be going down. Didn’t I learn that in science? An object in motion stays in motion. Who said that again?  Kara crouched low getting ready to make a big leap as if for joy. One, two, three! She jumped and the elevator kept moving. Kara only got the trap door to flip open when she fell to the ground. She prepared to jump again and this time she just barely grabbed onto the edge. Her wrists stung and weren’t very useful as she pulled herself up and out. I never was good at pull ups, she thought.

 

            “Ben, can you make the elevator come down any faster?” the director asked over his walkie-talkie. He was taking the emergency exit up hoping that if Ben didn’t catch her that he, Frank, and Daniel could. There was only one problem with this exit, it was all stairs coming up like a squared spiral.

            “It won’t go much faster than what it is but I can try,” Ben replied. He had hijacked the elevator system so that he could help catch Kara. Ben couldn’t think of a way she could escape so he was thinking that he had caught her.

            “Do what you can. We need that girl!” the director said with his breathing heavy, the conversation ended.



© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
What do you think??

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.