Chapter 21

Chapter 21

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

            The gun room was a medium sized room with targets on the far wall. In front of them was a table that had all sorts of guns laying on top of it.

            “This is where I work,” Frank said proudly with his chest puffed out.

            “Don’t all of you know how to shoot a gun?” Kara asked.

            “Well, yes, but the director put me in charge because he says that I have the best shot,” he grinned.

            “Well, now you know where everything is. Do you just want to hang out and relax for a while?” Daniel asked.

            “Sure, I guess.” Kara answered.

            Frank, Daniel, Ben, and Kara sat down in the Cafeteria and waited for dinner because they missed lunch. Frank and Daniel were talking about guns and how to defend themselves without them. Kara had a question on her mind that she did and didn’t want the answer to.

            “Ben, in the infirmary there was a guard still in a bed. Was he the one I really beat up?”

            “Yes, he got the damage,” Ben said.

            “I didn’t want to hurt them! Hurting them seemed like the only way I could pass them! I just wanted them unconscious or out of the way so that I could get past.” Kara was slightly rambling.

            “It’s OK.” Ben saw that she was frustrated and was trying to calm her down.

            “How can you say that? It’s not ‘Ok’ for a girl like me to just go around beating up guards.”

            “Listen, you said it yourself, you were angry and he had a gun aimed at you. What you did was to survive.” Ben watched as Kara slightly nodded. The rest of the day was spent in silence. Kara didn’t talk during dinner or when Ben led her to her room. She hoped that he didn’t think she was mad at him. She just wanted to think because thinking seemed like the thing she did least these days.

            It was Tuesday morning and Kara waited outside her room for Ben. The watch she wore read seven forty-five. A man had come up to her earlier and told her that the director wanted her to find her way around by herself. She didn’t want to so she had ignored him and waited but now she knew that she had to go on her own. She reached the Cafeteria and got in line for breakfast. Her plate was piled high with food because she didn’t know if she would have to skip lunch again. Kara walked to the table she saw Ben at and tried to avoid the other agent’s eyes.

            “Sorry, they told me that you had to find your own way around.” He apologized.

            “It’s OK. Anyways, who do I go to first?” Kara asked.

            “Before lunch you will go to Daniel. After lunch you will go to me and then Frank. Tomorrow, you will not go to your training until late because you have class studies.”

            “Oh, right,” Kara stopped toying with her food and began to eat. When breakfast was over she tried to find her way to the gym. She got lost several times and found herself in front of the infirmary. She went back and saw where she had gone wrong. Finally, she walked down the long hallway to see that Daniel was waiting for her.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
I hope you are enjoying this!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.