Chapter 23

Chapter 23

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

       Next, she went to Frank’s gun room. Frank made her practice aiming with a stick before aiming with a gun. When she first gripped that cold steel that could kill, her hands shook. Frank positioned her hands and put his hand on the gun to steady it. Both of them were wearing earplugs so that when they shot the guns off it wouldn’t damage their hearing. Kara shot the Colt 1911 but missed the targets chest completely. Frank groaned as he watched her shoot a dummy in the crotch and Kara couldn’t help smiling. It was getting late and she still couldn’t shoot the dummy in the heart. On her twelfth try, she repositioned her feet and held the gun straight in front of her. She was determined to hit the dummy straight at it’s heart. She shot, it jolted her arms back slightly but she managed to keep the gun still. The bullet hit her target straight to the chest. Frank gave her a round of applause and smiled. Kara slammed the gun back on the table, wiped her forehead with her arm, and she was given permission to leave. She went to dinner before going to bed.


         Over the month she did her class studies and training. Daniel taught her, she listened and watched patiently. She would do everything he did exactly how he did it. The only things she couldn’t do now were back flips and front flips. Almost everyday Daniel would repeat his question of if she had ever been in Martial Arts or something like that. Kara always replied in the negative and said that if he didn’t believe her he could check her file. He did once but he couldn’t find anything. As Kara learned more, Daniel gave her a different type of tests. A military guard would wrestle her. All she had to do was pin him or make it so that he couldn’t move. Sometimes Daniel would time her to see how fast she was. He would be able to tell if she was progressing if her time taking down the guard was faster than the last. Almost each time she took them down faster than the one before. It was amazing how fast she was learning. Kara was good enough to be an assassin although, she would never want to be. She didn’t like hurting people and she would never think of killing.

            During the month with Ben, the guard she had hurt the most woke up. Ben said that she should try to help him so she did. The man groaned in pain and Kara couldn’t help wondering how this man was a guard if he couldn’t deal with a broken arm. The man seemed frightened when he saw her. She apologized several times but he didn’t look like he was listening. Kara had given him many doses of pain killer and put Neosporin on his cuts. She put his arm in a sling while trying to avoid his wide, frightened eyes. Ben eventually said that she could go and that he would take care of the rest.

           Frank let her try the AK-47, Desert Pistol, and the Python as she got better. One day, Kara asked Frank about a gun that was propped up in the corner of the room. He told her that it was an RPG and that it was never used unless for emergencies, or a very serious mission. He said nothing more. Frank taught her how each gun was used and how it worked. He even taught her about grenades even though they aren’t guns. Frank told her that a grenade went off thirty-five feet away from him and gave him a scar on his back bigger than the size of her foot. He didn’t tell her why but she didn’t care, she felt bad for him anyways. Kara progressed at everything she did. Frank gave her her own Colt 1911 but she hated it. She never ever wanted to own a gun. It’s a tool that can kill and is very deadly to anyone near it. I will never use it, no, never, Kara vowed to keep peace in her mind.



© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
I know another boring chapter but lets get past the boring so keep reading please!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.