Life and Death

Life and Death

A Chapter by DavidRyanM

The Model: 
 Julie was a model. Or at least was trying to be. At her auditions, it was glaringly obvious she had some "chub" to her stomach. Julie decided to remedy this by not eating. Julie didn't eat for weeks. Julie died from starvation in front of her vanity mirror. Julie was a model. 
Chess: 
 
 Wilfred lives alone. He has been doing so for thirty years. His wife had passed away from old age. Wilfred is six years her junior. Wilfred is 109. Wilfred decides to send a message to Death, inviting him over for a game of chess. Death accepts. When they play, William beats him easily, having practiced for years. He is saddened by this for all he wants is to die and be with his wife. William shoots himself; Death is still in the room when this happens. Bothered by the whole situation and not wanting to be blamed for an early departure, Death slowly creeps around William's body and leaves, closing the door behind him. 
The Ghost: 
 The ghost could be seen passing from shadow to shadow at the end of the hall. In the Summer, Clarice would lay down in its way, letting it pass over her and cool her from the Midwest heat. 
The Birth:
 They hadn't planned on having a baby, but here they were. In the hospital. She was pushing and breathing. He was holding her hand and saying, "You're doing great." When the baby came out, he had a mustache and was smoking a pipe. A copy of Great Gatsby fell onto the floor. "Do you mind?" the child asked. 
 


© 2012 DavidRyanM


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

These are so good!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I don't really know how to explain how awesome I think this is. I love reading things that are relatively difficult to understand when it comes to their meanings. It's one of those pieces where everyone who reads it is going to have a different inner message that's sent to them, based on their experiences and mentality.

I don't know how all the characters are connected to one another within the various short stories, but for some reason I feel like they are in fact connected. I feel as though their individualistic personas sum up one large picture. Very mysterious, thought provoking, well worded, wonderfully structured. There's emotions in all of the little stories that everyone who reads it can relate to.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

424 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 11, 2012
Last Updated on October 11, 2012

One-Hitters


Author

DavidRyanM
DavidRyanM

Portland, OR



About
Starting a new profile. Just for the hell of it. I'm in love with writing and reading. They're both a huge part of my world and I wish more people were into both of them, or at least just one of them... more..

Writing
The Crushing The Crushing

A Chapter by DavidRyanM


Bottled Up Bottled Up

A Chapter by DavidRyanM