Chapter 2- Meeting Edward and Alice

Chapter 2- Meeting Edward and Alice

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki

The whole rest of the day, Bella told me about the Cullens and I told her about my life back in Seattle. As she told me about Edward, it made me want to meet this guy. I couldn't wait to meet the Cullens tomorrow. I heard my dad call me.

"Lauren, time to go!" The way he yelled it made it sound like I was 10 years old all over again.

I started to get up. "Well I'll see you tomorrow then."

Bella grabbed my hand. "Wait. If you would like, I could take you to school tomorrow in my truck." She pointed to a rusty old truck which was parked in their driveway. She saw the look I gave it. "What? It runs great! Give the truck some pride."

"No, I actually think that's what makes you unique. Um... sure! Thanks so much!" I waved at her as I ran back toward my house. I ran past Charlie and gave a little wave. Once I went inside the house, I started to wonder what time it was. "Hey dad! What time is it?"

He was upstairs. "It's almost 7:00. Hold on!" I just stood at the bottom of the stairs when he came down the stairs. We decided to eat out. He took me to a diner which was in town. As we ate we talked.

"So, how do you like Bella?" he asked.

I was eating a french fry when he asked. I sallowed and started to talk. "She's awesome! The best thing is that she's a junior like me. She offered me a ride to school tomorrow."

He smiled. "Cool. I happen to like Charlie very much. He's the police chief of the town. He's always around when you need him."

I laughed for the fact we used to live next door to a detective back at Seattle. Once we finished, we drove back home. It was 8 so I decided to get ready for the night. I got a shower and got ready for bed. There were still boxes in my room so since it was still early, I unpacked some of the stuff. I put some clothes in my drawers and closet. I put my alarm clock next to y bedside table so I'll wake up in time. I went straight to bed after that.

That night seemed like it was never going to end. I guess i must of fell asleep since the next thing I knew was that my alarm clock buzzed. I hit so hard for the fact I hated to hear it. I got up and stretched out. It was 6 in the morning. I had an hour to get ready. I decided to wear my favorite shirt which had skulls and roses on it with a pair of jeans. I went downstairs and fixed myself a bowl of cereal. My dad went out early to go to meeting for a job offering. It was only 6:30 but I wanted to go. I really didn't want to go to school but I needed to get out of the house. I put on my jacket and shoes and as I locked the door behind me, I ran toward Bella's house. I knocked and Bella opened the door with a confused look on her face.

"You seem jumpy. Wouldn't you want to be worried or something?"

I shrugged. "Just needed to get out of the house. I hate being around a buch of boxes."

"Ok, well school starts in about a 30 minutes so you might as well come in." I walked inside and we walked to the kitchen. Bella was eating breakfast when I intrupted her. I sat myself at the table as she finished up breakfast. When she finished, she washed the bowl out and got her coat on. We walked toward her truck and opened the passenger door. The truck smelled like roses and a little bit of tobacco.

"I sprayed it with an air freshner. I just can't stand the smell of tobacco."

"Neither can I," I agreed. As she drove us to school, the truck made an annoying sound but I didn't really care. We pulled up at the main office building. Forks High School was a bunch of buildings. They were made of red brick which looked wore down. I got out of the truck and looked around. Bella walked around to me but tripped over the curb. I ran over to her.

"You ok? Wow. You weren't joking when you said you were a clutz." We laughed.

"Yeah. I'll walk you inside to get your scheldule." We walked up to the main office. Bella opened the door for me as I walked in. Inside there were fold out chairs, two desks, and the walls were painted a bright yellow. I walked up to the main desk with Bella following behind me. At the desk was a red haired woman which the name plate said she was Ms. Cope.

"Um... hi. My name is Lauren Head. I'm new here." She looked up from her book she was wearing and gave a smile.

"Oh ok, of course." She walked over to a cabinet and pulled out two papers. She showed me my scheldule and the map of the school. She wished me a good day as we walked out. It was starting to drizzle when we walked outside.

"What do you have first," Bella asked.

"Um... I have English with Mr. Mason first."

"Awesome! That's where I'm going! Um... but I have to go meet Edward first."

Awesome I thought. "I might as well come with you since I have no clue where to go. We only have 10 minutes."

"Yeah." We had to park the truck so we parked it. I looked at my side and we parked next to a nice silver Volvo. I looked at it in amazement. Bella giggled.

"That's Edward's car. Yeah, they're kinda rich cause of Carlisle's job." I just nodded. We got out of the car and as we walked toward the building we were supposed to meet them, I saw people look at me in a funny way. I knew this was going to happen. Everyone staring at the new girl. In the clearing, I saw two people. One was a girl who was pixielike with short, black spikey hair. The other was a tall, but lanky, bronze haired boy. I had to guess that was Edward. But... DAMN he is HOT! Of course I didn't want to say that out loud since Bella was next to me. The pixie girl ran up to us.

"Hi Bella! Oh." She looked at me with curiousity. "Who's this?"

"Oh this is Lauren. She's my new neighbor and I became friends with her."

The girl smiled at me. Her gorgeous features made it feel welcoming. "Hi Lauren! I'm Alice, Alice Cullen." She gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I blushed.

"Um... hi Alice. It's nice to meet you." I was dazed from the fact she accepted me so quickly.

Alice looked over her shoulder. "Hey Edward! Come here!" Edward walked over with his hands in his pockets. I looked at me in a scary way. He just glared at me as he walked over. I felt a shiver run down my spine. The look was so terrorfing that he could of been in a horror flick. Alice spoke. "Edward, this is Lauren. She's Bella's new nieghbor and friend!"

Edward was still glaring at me. I decided to play nice. I gave a smile. "Hello Edward. It's nice to meet you. Bella has told me all about you."

Alice looked at Bella. "You didn't tell her about me?" She gave a puppy dog face.

Bella shrugged. "I did. But I mostly talked about Edward."

Alice perked up. I was starting to get irratated over the look Edward was giving me. Then, he smiled a crooked smile. "Hella Lauren. It's nice to meet you. I'm glad you became friends with Bella."

Wow. Where did this come from? I just smiled back, more like grinned.

"So, where's your first class Lauren?" Alice asked.

Bella was the one to speak for me. "She's with me. Hey Lauren let me see your scheldule."

I handed her it and Bella and Alice looked over it. Alice jumped up. "Yay! You have French AND History with me!" She was so happy, she was acting like she just won the lottery. I smiled.

"What other classes do I have with you Bella?" I asked.

"Hmmm...well... you have Government, Gym, and Biology with me and Edward. It looks like you have Algebra with Edward third period too."

What? Great. I have a certain class with just Edward. I guess it's nothing to worry about. I heard the bell ring and we started to break.

"Well Lauren, I'll see you fourth period!" Alice called.

"See you later!" I called back. I walked with Bella toward building 3. As we walked, I took one last glance back at Edward which he had an unsure look on his face.



© 2009 Hotaru Miyuki


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Hotaru Miyuki
ignore errors

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can completely predict Edward finding her blood much more tempting than Bella's. He better not cheat! He'll break Bella if he does, but I guess it would prevent the biggest event in New Moon when he leaves her (but at least he comes back!). Let's hope Lauren is a good enough person to respect Bella and her Edward...let's find out! Next chapter!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way, you're a great writer. This makes me feel like I'm reading Stephenie's fifth book (fifth, because Midnight Sun was never published) and it most definitely pulls me in. Gives me great visuals too...Well I'm off to the next chapter!

PS: just a tip...make Bella a little more enthusiastic. Of course, her character is very sullen at most points (not depressed) but at the same time she isn't like Alice. But in your chapters so far, I'm just not feeling it from Bella. You did a great job on Alice and Edward though. Nice foreshadowing, too :)

I have to congratulate you for the idea of a new character as first person point of view, to have a new girl come to Forks and meet the Cullen Crew :D

GREAT JOB!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WRITING!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I didn't spot any errors, and I'm the best corrector in my class other than the teacher.

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

440 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 19, 2009
Last Updated on January 19, 2009


Author

Hotaru Miyuki
Hotaru Miyuki

Stratford, NJ



About
Hi. My name's Lauren but I like the name Hotaru. Hotaru means Firefly in japanese if you want to know. I love anime and manga. Here's a list of some I like... Naruto Bleach Inuyasha Fruits Baske.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki