Chapter 14- Getting Along

Chapter 14- Getting Along

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki

The one thing I loved was hearing people telling stories. It facinated me. But then we all heard a car pull up and we froze.

"Is it okay for us to be here?" asked Rosalie.

"Sure. We just have to make it look like we're doing homework or that project Alice mentioned," I said.

We all got out paper and our school stuff out and started to "work". I kept calm when I heard my dad open the door. I looked up to find my dad coming in the kitchen.

"Hey Lauren." He looked at Alice and Rosalie. "Oh... are these you're friends?"

"Yep. I would like you to meet Alice Cullen and Rosalie Hale." I gestured to them when I said their names.

"Hello Mr. Head. It's very nice to meet you. Lauren just invited us over so we could do a project for History," Alice said holding out her hand.

My dad seemed to like her very much luckly. "Hello Alice."

Rosalie came up. "I'm sure you remember me Mr. Head. I'm Rosalie Hale."

"Yes I remember you. Just call me Steve if you like."

"Ok," Alice said.

"Oh by the way, how was the interview?" I asked him.

"Well..." He didn't seem happy. I sighed. But then he pulled out something from his jacket. It was a badge indicating he was a police officer.

"Yay!" I hugged him and then smacked him lightly with my good hand for making me think that he didn't get the job.

"Charlie invited us over for dinner tonight. Do you want to go?"

"Okay!" I looked over at Alice and Rosalie worried I might exclud them out.

Alice shook her head. "Don't worry. We were going to leave soon anyway. We don't want to make Carlisle worried."

"Um... Okay. Well I'll see you tomorrow. Do you need a ride home?"

"No. We were going to meet him at the hospital," Rosalie said. The hospital was only 2 blocks away.

"Okay. Well thanks for coming over."

"See ya!" Alice and Rosalie left. I figured they will run home with their speed. I grabbed my jacket and went with my dad to Bella's house.

"How was school?" he asked.

"Better than the first day. It wasn't as bad as last time."

"Good. Where's Edward at?"

Uh oh. I just remembered that he thinks I'm going out with him. Not only that but if he mentions it around Bella, I'm screwed.

"He's home. I'll see him tomorrow. But um dad... could you not talk about him like that tonight?"

He seemed confused. "Why not?"

"Because... I just don't feel like talking about boys tonight." I hoped I sounded conviencing enough.

"Oh... I see. No problem." Score!

Charlie and Bella were already waiting for us. When we walked up to them, Bella said congratulations and Charlie gave him a pat on the back.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"We're going to La Push to celebrate with the Blacks. Charlie wants to your dad to meet Billy. Besides, I want you to meet Jacob."

We're going to La Push? Yes! I finally get to meet Jacob.

"Awesome! I get to see La Push before the field trip too. How come you never told me about Jacob before?" I asked.

"Don't know. I thought I told you."

"You only told me about the Cullens," I said.

She shrugged. "Well you'll meet him. I'll tell you about him on the way."

 



© 2009 Hotaru Miyuki


Author's Note

Hotaru Miyuki
ignore errors

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm sorry but Lauren seems like a s**t. I bet she's going to go to Jacob, then Jacob and Edward are going to fight because Edward likes Lauren, and Bella will find out about the fight and find out that Lauren and Edward are together and Bella will like try to kill herself or something. *takes a breath from the long sentence* Then Edward will maybe realize that Bella's his true love and go to try to save her (like Bella does in New Moon for Edward). I'm starting to not like this story :( I don't like all the cheating and the characters' descriptions are very poorly created. Edward would clearly NEVER cheat on Bella. And Rose and Alice would most definitely tell Bella if they found out he was cheating. And anyway, wouldn't Alice see it coming that Edward was going to cheat, then try to stop it?

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 28, 2009


Author

Hotaru Miyuki
Hotaru Miyuki

Stratford, NJ



About
Hi. My name's Lauren but I like the name Hotaru. Hotaru means Firefly in japanese if you want to know. I love anime and manga. Here's a list of some I like... Naruto Bleach Inuyasha Fruits Baske.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki