Chapter 28- The Cullen Mansion

Chapter 28- The Cullen Mansion

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki

As Bella was driving, I thought about all the events that happened ever since I moved here last week. Today was Sunday, which I was amazed at how everything changed into a total mess ever when I moved here. I moved here with my dad to start a new life, not to ruin somebody's life. I felt an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

I sighed. "How long until we get there?"

"In 5 minutes.They live deep in the woods," she said.

I shrugged and looked out the window. "Hey Bella... how's my dad?"

"Umm... he's upset. He wishes that you will come home."

"Is he mad at Edward?"

"Yes. But he thinks it was your fault too. He thinks that you ran off with him and that Edward just did whatever made you happy."

I was still looking out the window. I felt a tear go down my face. This was all my fault. Now I have to deal with my dad and clear Edward's name once again.

I felt Bella reach over and pat my shoulder. She stopped the truck and took the key out of the ignition. She hugged me and I sobbed. "Don't worry Lauren. It will be alright."

I looked up. "Why are you saying this? I need to get you and Edward back together."

"Yes I know but your dad will forgive you. I'm certain on that."

We let go and I got out of the truck. When I slammed the door shut, I gasped in amazement. The mansion was beautiful. It had glass windows all around and looked like a deluxe cabin fit for someone rich.

"...Wow," was all I could say.

Just then, Alice came running out. With her steps, she was like a runaway model. She came to a stop in front of us. "Edward will be here in about 10 minutes."

Bella just nodded. How could she be so calm here? I was ready to fall apart if something went wrong. I was on the verge of tears. Alice saw me and came over to me. She hugged me and I sobbed yet again into her chest. Her skin was icey cold and like stone. It felt good. It helped me numb myself up.

"Alice... can you see... will Edward accept Bella?"

"I'm not sure on that Lauren, I'm not sure. We'll find out soon. I promise you on that."

I nodded softly. It started to rain. Drops fell on me; it was like the sky was crying in worry along with me. Alice motioned me and Bella inside.

Once we were inside, the house seemed toasty warm. I looked around in shook. The house was beautiful. In the living room-- where Alice was leading us-- there was a flat screen tv, with very nice furniture, that was pure white. In fact, almost everything was white. The walls too.

I looked up at Alice. "Wouldn't you want to be in a darker house so people don't suspect anything?"

She just shrugged. "It doesn't matter. We're so deep in the woods nobody will come here," she answered.

I just nodded in agreement. She motioned Bella and I to sit down at the sofa, which we did. The sofa was like a fluffy cotton. It felt very nice. As I sat there, which felt like forever, I tried to think about what will happen once Edward arrived. Three things could happen. 1- He will understand me and his love towards Bella and go with her. 2- He will still love me and probally take me away again. Or 3- He'll probally can't decide that he won't accept any of us or just go back and forth between Bella and I. I was voting for number 1.

Just then, I saw Carlisle, Emmett, Rosalie, and Jasper walk into the room. Beside Carlisle was a beautiful woman with light brown hair, gently waving down. I assumed that this was Esme, Edward's mother.

Carlisle walked over to Alice. "How long?"

Alice closed her eyes for a couple of seconds. When she opened them back up she responed, "In about 5 minutes. I don't know how he'll arive but we'll have to see."

I looked up at her. "What do you mean by how he arives?"

Carlisle was the one to answer. "Alice's visions are based on decisions. It just means that Edward hasn't decided if he was going to walk in or bardge in angry or something."

Esme came over to sit by me and Bella. "Don't worry Lauren. Everything will be alright." She hugged me gently. The way she hugged me reminded me so much of how my mom used to hug me. I felt, yet again, another tear come down. I was now crying because everyone seems to care about me. I let go and tried not to cry too much.

"I'm...sorry. Esme... you remind me so much of my mother." In fact she did. She looked just like her. My mom, Antoinette, had red hair that gently waved to her shoulders. Esme's smile reminded me of my mother's smile. Their compassion was similar along with their features.

She understood. I smiled. I now felt fine. But soething still bugged me. "Um... do you know how we're doing this? Like are we going to have a meeting or is Edward going to choose right away?"

"That depends on what Edward wants to do," Carlisle said.

I understood. It would kind of make sense.

Alice was on alert. "He's here."

Bella and I stiffined. We grabbed each other and hugged each other tight. We were about to find out the truth. Our destiny is right outside.



© 2009 Hotaru Miyuki


Author's Note

Hotaru Miyuki
hope you like it XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
Added on February 8, 2009
Last Updated on February 9, 2009


Author

Hotaru Miyuki
Hotaru Miyuki

Stratford, NJ



About
Hi. My name's Lauren but I like the name Hotaru. Hotaru means Firefly in japanese if you want to know. I love anime and manga. Here's a list of some I like... Naruto Bleach Inuyasha Fruits Baske.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki