Chapter 4- A Conversation with Alice

Chapter 4- A Conversation with Alice

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki

I walked toward building 4 where I had History next. I cheered up a bit when I remembered that I was with Alice in this class. I walked in and handed the slip to Mr. Moore. How ironic I thought since I had a Mr. Moore once but he that was 7th grade science then. He introduced me to the class and I saw Alice in the back give a way. Lucky me that I got to sit next to her. I got my History book and walked toward my seat. I was so happy to see Alice. I sat down a grinned.

Today we were to do an assignment with our partners. We were given a sheet with different events that happened. We were to put them in order from what happened first up until just recently. My partner was Alice, of course. We got done in 15 minutes. We decided to talk since we were the only ones done.

"So what was it like in Seattle? Did you like living there? How many friends did you have? Is it like Forks?" DAMN was she a chatterbox. She was just like one of my friends from my old school. I told her a lot, most explaining. I thought if I should ask her about Edward. Well, she was his sister so why not?

"Hey Alice, is Edward always so... overprotective?" I decided to go with Bella's term since it fit him perfectly.

"Oh yes! You should see him when Bella trips. He'll do anything to make sure she doesn't get hurt. He'll throw himself in front of a bus if he has to." I knew by the way she spoke that it was true. He would die for her.

"It's just... last period in algebra... he kind of gave me a warning..." I trailed off.

She seemed concerned and irraitated. "What did he say to you?"

I felt like I was being questioned by a counsler. But I think I would feel more comfortable talking to her about it than anyone else. I'll find a way to tell Bella later. "Well..." I told her the exact words he told me. I couldn't forget that. She gasped.

"Oh my god! What makes him think that you can't be trusted? I tell you sometimes he tends to go overboard. Now I'm really pissed!"

"Please don't say anything," I begged her, 'I really don't want him knowing I told you. I know how much you want to kill him but I'll get killed first. Just please!"

She patted my shoulder to calm me down. For some reason, I could feel how cold she was through my shirt. She was like ice compared to her ultra pale skin that was like a ghost's. "Don't worry. I wasn't going to. I'm just glad you told me this. Have you told Bella yet?"

I shook my head. "No not yet. I was going to tell her during gym last period."

Alice thought for a moment. Then she spoke. "We should talk about this after school. Are you busy?"

"Nope. How about you come over my house after school today since it would just make it more easy?" It would be. It's perfect since Edward won't be around and Bella lives next door.

She nodded in an excited way. "Ok, that's really thoughtful of you. Thanks!"

"Anytime." I truley do love Alice. After class, we walked to French together. We got to sit next to each other and she asked me more questions about the threat. I really wanted to forget about it but it just seemed impossible. The bell rang. Time for lunch. I grabbed my bag and headed out the door with Alice. The lunchroom wasn't that far. As we entered, we got first got our tray of food. I only bought an apple and a soda since I wasn't that hungry. Alice only grabbed a bag of chips and a soda also.

"You're not hungry?" she asked.

"Not really. Well look at you!" I pointed to her tray and she said the same thing. Alice said even though she wasn't to happy with Edward as much as I was, we still have to go sit next to him and the rest to keep a positive attitude. At the table, I saw Bella and Edward and 3 other strangers, 2 boys and a girl. The girl was just... beautiful. She had long, wavy blond hair and she looked like she could be a model in a swimsuit. The one boy next to her was HUGE. He had dark hair and big muscles that you could notice from a mile away. The last next to him was a honey blond haired boy who, for some reason, looked like he wasin pain. Alice introduced them to me.

"Ok Lauren these are our other siblings, Rosalie, Emmett, and Jasper. Everyone this is Lauren. She's friends with Bella and I and she'll be sitting with us."

Jasper looed uneasy. Like I said, he looked like he was in pain. Rosalie gave a bitchy look and Emmett grinned. "Hello Lauren. It's a pleasure to meet you. I hope you're just as fun as Bella is."

Bella laughed. "Emmett you just make fun of me when I trip." Emmett was a playful type of guy. Alice told me they were all seniors. They looked like they could be in collage or even have a family of their own by how mature looking they were. I sat in between Bella and Alice while Alice sat next to Jasper. During lunch, I went along with the conversations while I nibbled on my apple. But I noticed something. They were in couples. Bella and Edward, Jasper and Alice, and Emmett and Rosalie. They were attracted to each other in a romantic way. I only found it creepy with Alice, Jasper, Rosalie, and Emmett since they're a family. I liked how they all got along. A couple of times, I would find Edward give me a threatning look. Lunch seemed to drag. Some people already left the lunchroom. I started to get up. Bella and Edward got up too. That's when I remembered that my next class is Biology with them. All the Cullens and Hales got up in a graceful way and threw away there trash. None of them ate anything. Only me and Bella ate something. Bella had a salad.

As we walked out, Alice called over her shoulder. "I'll see you later Lauren!" I waved back at her as I walked with Edward and Bella. They walked hand in hand. Off to class I thought.

 



© 2009 Hotaru Miyuki


Author's Note

Hotaru Miyuki
ignore errors

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

again I saw no errors.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This has me sucked in!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 20, 2009


Author

Hotaru Miyuki
Hotaru Miyuki

Stratford, NJ



About
Hi. My name's Lauren but I like the name Hotaru. Hotaru means Firefly in japanese if you want to know. I love anime and manga. Here's a list of some I like... Naruto Bleach Inuyasha Fruits Baske.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki