Chapter 17- Reasoning

Chapter 17- Reasoning

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki

Seth was fast, but not as fast as the Cullens were. We finally stopped and he let me down. I fell to the ground horror struck. I still couldn't get the image of the two wolves out of my mind.

Seth noticed how scared I was and rubbed my shoulders. "Don't worry. That's really common between Paul and Jacob. Bella has seen them fight before."

Bella nodded. She looked like she was ready to freak out any time now. "But they could kill each other," I exclaimed.

"Nope. We heal fast. One of our special abblities." Seth grabbed a sharp tree branch and sliced his arm. He yelped from the pain. I felt sick from watching that. I remembered back when I cut myself with the blade. Ugh!

But Bella looked sicker. She watched the blood flow and she was getting greener.

"Oops. Sorry Bella. I forgot," Seth appoligized.

"Forgot about what?" I asked.

"Oh, Bella faints when she sees blood. She says it smells like rust and salt," Quil explained with a laugh.

"It DOES!" Bella exclaimed feeling embarrased. I tried not to laugh. I was starting to feel a little better. Seth walked over to me.

"See?" He held out his arm. He must of cleaned the blood with his shirt. But he was right. There was a pink scratch mark that looked a week old. I stared at it with amazement.

"...Wow...." Seth laughed at my comment.

Then I heard a howl. We all froze and then Seth sighed that sounded relived.

"That's good. Nobody's hurt. Jacob is on his way right now. They managed to stop the fight with no scratchs."

"Wait... are you mad that I know about your... secret?" I asked Seth.

"No not at all. I'm friends with Edward and the Cullens. The others just think that they're still dangerous." He scoffed.

"They're not. Unlike others, they hunt on animals and keep peace between humans."

He nodded. Then Jacob came in the clearing. Jacob could tell that I still didn't feel comfortable with him around.

"I'm sorry, truely sorry. Paul is just an idiot." Jacob seemed like he really did mean it, along with the part of Paul being an idiot.

"It's fine. But... are you mad at me about the secret?"

"Nope. Bella's right. It's best you know so you don't get hurt. You do know what to do next time if that happens again right?" Jacob asked.

"Yeah. Run away or try to calm you down so you don't transform. If you go wolf, then run away. Yep I think I got it."

"Unless you're a clutz like Bella and you'll have to yell for help," Jacob said with a snicker. Bella glared at him.

I laughed. "Well no I'm not a clutz but thanks for the tip."

"I better take you back." He looked at Seth and Quil. "Do you want to come over? Embry is on his way and it's the least I could do to say thanks."

"Sure," they both said.

We walked back to Jacob's house. "Um... I don't look like I ran into a werewolf do I?" I asked.

Bella shook her head. "You look the same before we left."

We walkd into the house. The house was so small I wondered how Jacob gets around. Everybody was in the tiny living room eating pasta.

"Hey kids. Dinner's in the kitchen," Billy said.

"Thanks," Jacob thanked. I grabbed a plate and chowed down, reliezing how hungry I really was. But I think Jacob, Seth, Quil, and Embry ate the most. They ate three plates in five minutes. I was amazed. Bella just laughed.

"It's normol for them," she said.

"How do you deal with this?" I whispered.

She just shrugged. After dinner, we were ready to leave.

"Well it was nice meeting you," I said to the Jacob and the rest. "Oh wait! I need a favor."

I pulled Jacob, Seth, Quil, and Embry aside. "Um... I'm coming here next Friday for a field trip. Alice Cullen... she's my only friend in my class and I know about the treaty but um... can she come?"

"Well... I don't know. That's up to Sam," said Seth.

"How much does Sam hate the Cullens?" I asked disgusted.

"Very," they all said including Bella which shocked me.

"I want to go but I want Alice to come. She's the only one I swear!"

Jacob thought about it. "I can try. I wouldn't get to hopeful though. I'll try. I am the Beta so MAYBE."

I hugged him. "Thanks so much!" I waved as we left.



© 2009 Hotaru Miyuki


Author's Note

Hotaru Miyuki
ignore errors

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

yey!!!! *claps* I need this! It was great! Keep up the great write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Start writing MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 29, 2009


Author

Hotaru Miyuki
Hotaru Miyuki

Stratford, NJ



About
Hi. My name's Lauren but I like the name Hotaru. Hotaru means Firefly in japanese if you want to know. I love anime and manga. Here's a list of some I like... Naruto Bleach Inuyasha Fruits Baske.. more..

Writing
Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hotaru Miyuki