Arthur’s Big Day  Part 2

Arthur’s Big Day Part 2

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 184-1

Arthur’s Big Day

Part 2

 

 


The moment Dad sat down, Dad said. “I have sent a car to pick up your mother, from Cranny’s when she gets out of school today, the bad news is she had invited them to come with her. Not much I can do about that, but I told Paul that he better not embarrass us or you at the wedding. And his wife Jennie said she would make sure he is on a tight leash while he is here. Your grandmother will be here as well and should be here by the time we get back, but once she knew that Paul was coming she instead that he stays in one of the other cabins and away from your mother and her. Not that I could blame her for that.


“She suspects he is sleeping with her, but she doesn’t have any real proof and we promised your mother that we wouldn’t say anything regarding her sex life or choice of men. So to keep the peace Paul and his family will be staying with Dotty and her husband or here on the couch here, in a nice comfortable sleeping bag. And we will move all your friends into your room for the night so we can make room for everyone that is coming tomorrow night instead of making the long drive to the wedding in Lindon.


“We will have the smaller children spend the night at Olsen’s and Tomas cabin, where Jody and Dave can watch them and keep them out of our hair. And everyone else in the other that Stringum and Dr. Sars will be using considers it will be the two of them while her two daughters go back to college next week. That way he can come and go as he pleases without disturbing us as we make this into a home between The Vincent’s and Coach Brady when he arrives or should I say move in.


“Stringum is making a reservation for you guys to spend the night in the penthouse at Salt Lake Marriott Downtown Friday for your honeymoon night. His treat as well as Dave and Jody and Tony sharing the other one, which Stringum says the view up there is fantastic. Plus your mother and her guest letting your grandmother share a room with her and your brother Aaron and your two sisters… or if they prefer their own room which we know your sister will, but they’ll have either have to share it with their grandmother or your mother as a babysitter for obvious reason and the lower floors. Then Saturday Stringum will drop you all off and the Cranny’s where Tony and Jenny will meet up with you there and your grandmother will be going home with Landan with the limo so he can trade it out for the ones more equipped for rugged weather.


“That way it won’t look like a mob going down the freeway and surrounding your mother’s home. Plus give Tony and Jenny the time they need to make sure you’re safe, once they know that. They will let you do your thing and bring you back here on Monday so you can have time too finish your homework and get it sent off in time before the end of the term in American Fork. And then the following week you will start school here in Heber.


“I told your mother under no circumstance are you, Eli and the girls allowed to spend the night without making sure it safe first, meaning Tony and Jenny scoping it out first. Your mermaid friends will join you on Sunday or Monday once we know that you are in Santaquin and it is safe to do so. And will be picked up by their parents on Friday so they can be back home in time for school. And your mother assures me that your father won’t be a problem, but we know how that will work out?


“So Tony and Jenny won’t be far in case there is trouble, but I have a feeling once he sees who you and your mother invited over for the week he is going to go into a nuclear meltdown. But it is what is and she says there will plenty of room for all of you, plus you’ll be spending time with your Santaquin friends and won’t be home all the time which will look like a neighborhood block party going from your house to Bishop Earls house and back again, that if your father is smart he’d pack a suitcase and head for the hills.


“I almost feel sorry for him and your mother knowing how you teenagers get, playing your loud music and wreaking the house and eating everyone out of house and home, but we do love you and we rather you do that then other things that other teenagers do to get themselves into trouble. So we will give your mother enough money to make sure none of you will starve and run up her utility bills… but under no circumstance are you to give her any of yours, other than buying her new car. New but used nothing more nothing less that will get you and her around for a long time. That Stringum has made an arrangement with the fellow who is selling it too you, and have it gone over with a fine tooth comb by the local mechanic he trust in town.


“If it does need repairs he’ll send the bill too Stringum so your mother won’t see you flashing around your money, knowing how she gets regarding her spending habits. The car will be in her name until you have your license. I promised her and Bishop Earl that you and your friends will clean up any mess you make while you’re down there. So God helps us all because I sure can imagine the mess you guys are going to make, but least it will be quiet here on the home front and give us poor parents a much-needed break. So you see your Mom and I have worked it all out so shouldn’t have anything to worry about. Now get yourselves ready to leave, its long drive and we have lots to do.


“And yes your brand new custom made chair will fit in the limo, at least that’s what Stringum says… said he Landan pick one out special just for that alone, that you can get used to it because you’ll be spending a lot of time in it. While playing Nate the good boy, not the very bad brat we saw on tape. But Eli was right the rat was a classic, not even Shawn could think of that one. Mom and I just about fell off the couch watching you, we can’t wait to show your mother and Grandmother how bad you truly can be.


“We will skip the hardcore stuff of course for your grandmother’s sake, but I think your mother has the right to know what’s going on, in case she walks in on you and Eli and the girls, not realizing he and they are only doing it so we won’t have to go through the Gloria thing again. I rather not have you boys do it at all or the girls do something like that, but our lives our on the line here. One mistake could slit our throats so fast that it is just not worth taking the chance.


“The other option would be not get mixed up in this mess, but every time I think of that poor girl having to kill her grandfather in that way and think about all the babies they have sacrificed and the children like you and your brothers. I can not turn away and live with myself knowing I could have done something, and you told me yourself couldn’t either so. I may not like it, and you may not like it. It is what is. We can cry about it later, pain can be a remedy but death can’t. There is no pain once you are custom to it, your brothers and I can a test to that, and Eli can as well being raised and taught that was the only way to show someone that you love them. When we all know what they were doing was wrong. Now finish up, we have a big day ahead of us.”


Eli and I helped with the dishes and placed them inside the dishwasher, Doty gave us a warm smile and told us thank you. She was more of mother to us then a maid and Jeff seemed to favor her over everyone else other than me and Jared. Normally I couldn’t step out of the house without my wheelchair, but no one could see me, not unless they had NASA hovering over our cabin. If they made it through the three checkpoints, and several arm security that was patrolling our little private gated community as the high fence was being built and guard houses that had nice warm comfortable heaters and worked on its own power generator. Or would be once it was built even our cabins were being modified to generate their own power using wind and solar panels the latest the technology has to offer.


Stringum said it was common up here to be without power, or phone for days at a time once the snow falls and there was no way he was going to let us be without either, teaching everyone how to use a CB radio and Walkies Talkies. He even was putting in a bomb shelter just in case we needed a place to go if we come under attack. I wasn’t sure how I felt about that because I had a thing about basements and closed off spaces with no windows. If a basement had windows then I was good, if not forget about it. I rather they kill me first.


Once inside the limo which was off the charts, that it was more of car slash truck bus with large tires for deep snow, and mud. Stringum said. “What do you think of this baby? I figured we need something with a little more oomph too it; when the snow gets up to our waist. I am not about to get stranded up these mountains with a bunch of devils looking for some fresh meat.”


He tossed us each a paper, having us turns the page where it says; “ ‘3 were killed last night at the local fundraiser. Said they were shot in the head with cash in their pockets with one of the local churches here in Heber. The authorities on the scene said it that looked like a robbery gone bad. The total amount stolen is under-determined, but it could be anywhere in the high millions according to the pastor who says he walked in and found them this way. He has offered a reward to anyone that has information regarding the theft and the murder of the three men. No gun was found at the scene.’”


We turned the page and there we were big as life telling everyone about our wedding on Friday. The headline read: “‘Local teen slash billionaire tycoon and friends marry which is said to be one biggest wedding in Salt Lake City and the surrounding cities have ever seen. It has been told that guest list is so big that they had to rent the entire Castle Park Reception hall in Lindon Utah. Tuxes and dress shops are seeing an influx in cash as the party gets ready to take the plunge. It is said that Nate Carrion said billionaire is not only Marring Rhoda Alden but his brother Eli Alden as well; Eli Alden is to be wed. Not Only to said Billionaire but to Jackie Krandle who is said to be Rhoda Alden best friend. All will be taken the sir name of said Billionaire Nate Carrion.


“Report states they are within the law of a marriage contract with all said parents giving them permission to wed in this fashion. It is also stated that Young Nate sister Jody Carrion is marrying David Rands who works for the Stringum Enterprises and said to be also a Billionaire in his own right. His Boss David R Stringum who runs said Enterprise is also tying the knot To Doctor Roberta Sars leading child and sex therapist and has been by unconfirmed report that her mother is a voodoo priestess. One must wonder is daughter following her mother's footsteps or she truly was smitten by the same wedding bug like the rest. This report says she plans to find out and bring to you live within as they all take their solemn vowels.’”


Mom said. “You guys look good, don’t you think so Arthur? Don’t you think your brother looks good?”


Arthur said. “He’s not my brother, Shawn is and I can’t wait until you all die, may Mor….” Dr. Sars closed his mouth and pointed to her bracelet. He looked away but I could see he was really not liking the idea of being placed inside is his own special box. It is what is. There was no turning back and there were no second chances.


Dad said. “I wonder if Crawford will actually show up at our house finding it emptied.”


Stringum said. “Does matter?” And everyone laughed except for Arthur. I placed my cap over my eyes and nodded off to dreamland smiling thinking about how my father was going to take the news. Then there was the news about our girls and us being the father. Yep, it’s going to be classic, even more so when my mother and my grandmother find out.





© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on May 26, 2019
Last Updated on February 13, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep