Room For All  Part 2

Room For All Part 2

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 185-1

Room For All

Part 2

 


Grandma gave a frown seeing Paul, and got up and said. “Eric dear, do you mind helping your grandmother to her room. I am would like to lie down before supper.”


I helped her up and Dad took care of everyone else, my mother looked at me and gave me a wave and I said. “I’ll be back.”


Grandma said. “So which room is yours? I just wanted to be the first one here so I could see it all and not mingle with, “that Paul.” She said as she gritted her teeth.


I smiled and said; “just around corner grandma.” I opened the door and quickly grabbed Sparky and Jake's dog and shoved them inside Mom and Dads room for the moment.


Grandma gasped and said. “This is all yours?” I nodded and she said. “My entire house could fit in here and I still have room.”


I said. “Wait until you see my bathroom.” She looked inside my bathroom and my great big walk-in closet.


She said. “You got to be kidding me?”


I said. “Nope, I share it with my friends, the couch pulls out into a bed and we have a great big slumber party.”


Grandma took a seat on the couch and rested a bit she said. “I am not happy about you doing this. I rather you stay out of it, but I can’t protect you from the world. I can’t even protect you from your mother or your father anymore. Promise me you’ll be careful?” I nodded and she gripped my hand and squeezed it. “So this is your home now, playing pirate and chasing the bad guys just like in the movies, but it's real, those people are real and they can kill you without blinking an eye?”


I nodded she said. “Here I thought you being a nudist was a bad thing, this is not just running around in your birthday suits. This is something a lot worst that not even I could imagine. No, sir, I don’t like it one bit. You should have listened to Jeff and stayed with the Downing’s. We would have missed you, yes, but I would know you were safe, now every day I am going to worry, wondering if you are ok, but that’s what grandmas do isn’t worry? So please tell me that my room isn’t as big as this or I’d get lost in it?”


I smiled and waved my hand said. “Depends what you mean by big? This house has three master bedrooms like this one, 5 kid rooms about the size of my Rothwell home used to be. A small Gym and an indoor pool with hot tub; you have already seen the kitchen and dining room.


“We share the house with the Vincent’s. And Dotty lives in the next cabin over with her family and the Tomas’s, Adam parents and the third cabin is Stringum’s and Dr. Sars. Coach Brady will be moving in with us once he finishes the term in a couple of weeks, and have been told that Mrs. Hothner is thinking of marrying him, and when that happens he’ll find a house here in town.


“Tony and Jenny are also sharing our house for now. So it’s a little cramped until my friends go home. Like I said over the phone all my mermaid friends have come to visit me and will be going with me when I visit my mother next week, plus Eli and them, who will, of course, share this room with me as a married couple.


“But my mermaid friends and their families will be going back home next Friday, and my three best friends Ron, Charlie and Stan, and their sisters will be moving three towns over and be going to the same high school as me, but for tonight this room may look big, but picture all my Highland friends and my Santaquin friends all sharing this room.”


Grandma sighed, “Yep one great big slumber party, it’s a good thing none of you are shy.”


Dad opened the door and said. “Are coming or are you ditching me and leaving me and your friends to deal with your mother?”


Grandma said. “No, we were just catching up Robert. How about you show me to my room and I’ll let your son handle his mother, second thought I want to see the look on her face when you tell her and your sisters about this crazy scheme you folks have cooked up.”


Dad helped Grandma as I heard her say. “Robert, if one hair on his head is hurt, I am going to kill you, you hear me, you won’t have to worry about that church doing it, because I will personally stab you through the heart, and nail what’s left for the buzzers to eat. Then when I die, I will deal with Jeff and he’ll pick up where I left off. Now tell me… can you keep him safe or I am going to have move in with you?”


Dad said. “Trust me if I had the room at the moment I let you sit on him and wrap him up so tight that he never leave this house. So all I can do is say I’ll do my best and because that’s all any of us can do. I hope you don’t mind if I put you one of the kid's room, I’ll give you the choice of sharing it with his mother or his sisters.”


Grandma said. “Your killing me slowly aren’t’ you?”


Dad said. “I could put her with Paul if you like?”


Grandma said. “Not going to happen, no sir I’ll take the old battle-ax, better yet give me both of them, the girls can sleep on the floor if there is room.”


Dad said. “Oh there’s room,” I watched Dad open Jared’s room. She said. “Lord all mighty, I feel sorry for poor old Dotty having to clean up after you.”


Dad said. “Not to worry the kids do most of it, Karen and I make sure of that. I gave you the biggest one. That way you guys won’t have to fight over the bathroom. It’s not as big as the ones in the master bedrooms, but it not exactly small either.”


Grandma's eyes widen said. “God helps me, I going to need a whistle so someone can find me.”  I sat her suitcase on the bed and her dress in the closet sliding all my brother’s’ clothes over too make room.


The noise was deafening as we walked back into the living room, Tony was looking at us and said. “I could use a little help here.” Couch blew his loud whistle and grinned when everyone covered their ears, said. “That’s better, go ahead young man.”


Dad grabbed the notebook off the counter that told him where everyone was spending the night and the rules. He quickly divided up the sleeping arrangements and said. “The pool and the hot tub is all yours to use anytime you like, we certainly pay enough for it so you might as well use it. The weight room too is available, but only for those 14 and up. Everyone else will need an adult or your older brother or sister to be in there with you. Now the rules of the houses are simple. Poor Dotty can’t do it all, so it’s up to you help out when you can. It’s only fair you make the mess you clean it up.


“Clothing is always optional, for those that are comfortable about sharing themselves. But no sex, no stimulating each other, unless you’re in your rooms and please put a sock on the door or make a sign that says occupied. If you need a condom there is plenty… so use them. We don’t want you to get pregnant, because you were too stupid not to ask. Same rules apply in all houses. If you don’t have a room always asks permission, before entering. This is not a brothel or all night sex orgy. Just because you can have sex and stimulate each other doesn’t give you the right to do so while sharing a room or any space in the houses.


“Always keep yourself clean; always say your prayers as a family or with friends. We do not want evil walking these halls when there are bad people not far from here. Nobody wonders the streets at any given time alone while traveling between houses, always go in numbers. We have guards walking the perimeter 24/7, you noticed that there are three checkpoints; they are there to protect us. Most of all never use your last name if some asks you to give it makes one up.


“Never refer to us as the Rothwell’s we are the Carrions. Eric goes by Nate or Nathan, Jared goes by John, his two brothers Jason and Jonathon go by their first name using the Carrion as their last name. I go by Bob and my wife goes by Jamie, or Mr. and Mrs. Carrion. Jody and Dave and my other daughter Kerry don’t live here so they can use their real name.


“You can use our real names only in the houses and nowhere else. It’s important that you do this because like I said bad people are looking for us at this very moment and they will… and I stress they will kill you and us without so much as a blink of an eye. That is why we have security walking the perimeter and have been told to shoot to kill and ask questions later.


“Dinner will be at 7 pm and lights out at 10 pm or when your parents tell you too. The doors will be locked at 9 pm in all the houses. Each house has an alarm so if you think about going outside for any reason don’t, because it will go off, but will remain locked until the security team clears the area and tells us it’s a false alarm. That goes for the windows. If you think about sneaking out, you will not be able to open them, nor break the window. If you try to trust me, you’ll be wishing you didn’t. The only way out is either through the adults that own the houses you are sharing.


“No one knows the alarm code, so don’t pressure your friends or your family to give it too you. It is changed daily that sometimes I have to ask my wife to tell me what it is. It's true I am not as bright.” Dad got his laugh as he finished off his list. “One last thing, Stringum has set up the tables out by the pool after I release you. We would like you head out there. On the tables you will find, Things you might have forgotten, but if not that’s ok too because better to have it then not. So line up and pick up One bag of hygiene products, a sleeping bag, and a pillow and roll-way mat if you don’t have one or if you didn’t bring one.


“There are robes for all and we would like you to use them after all is winter here and in respect to those aren’t comfortable sharing their selves. Pick your size or try one on if you are not sure. All these items you can take with you when returning home.


“At the end of the table, you will find your name and a number indicating where you will be sleeping tonight. And the numbers are posted on the doors of each of the houses. With a letter A, B or C this is house “A.” The adults get the bed, kids the floor, if you haven’t noticed we are getting old and frail.  There is an exception to that rule, but ask first before assuming.”


He said. “Go on get settled. I want your beds unrolled your clothes hung up, and everything done in an hour.  You have a question please ask, there are no such thing as a stupid questions.” The moment he released everyone the house became an uproar. Dad had everything coordinate as he giving a copy of the names to each of the parents.


Bishop Earl and Bishop Sakes and everyone with them nearly got run over the moment they opened the door nearly tripping over the large pile of shoes. Aaron rushed me and gave me a great big hug and pointed to my hair. I said. “Cool isn’t it?”


He said. “No, it looks stupid;” Mom took his hand and followed everyone down the hall with each of their sleeping bags, pillows, and clothes. Dad had their names and numbers listed on the doors so everyone could find their rooms. Mom frowned seeing that Grandma was sharing her room with her and my sisters, Grandma didn’t ask as she told them including Aaron that they get the floor and she and my mother get the bed.


Grandma sat on the bed and said. “They call this the kid’s room. I think its Jared and Jason’s room.” 


My mother nodded and Grandma said. “Wait until you see your sons room Linda.” Aaron and my sisters quickly dropped their things as they quickly followed me as Mom and Grandma were dogging a whole mob of kids like it was the first day of school. Many of my friends knew where everything was except my Highland friends, including Tally and Bethany and her two boys Zane and Kyle. And Ben, Sandy, Dad did his best to accommodate all of them even though some asked to trade places.


Dad said. “If your parents say is ok I have no problem,” which was his standard line. Everyone else like Officer Knox and Mr. Kenly and their families would be met at the church house, including Bishop Lanwall who will be hitching a ride with them and Mrs. Hothner once school ended for the day.


My mother and everyone gasped as they saw my room it was bigger than both their houses and the bathroom and walk-in closet was my mother’s dream the moment she saw it. Grandma leaned in the door frame said. “Not bad for a teenage boy now is it?”


My mother had to try the waterbed and died and went too heaven. Grandma said. “He tells me that there are 3 master bedrooms like this one or bigger, and 4 or 5 kids size room. Ours is the biggest with its own bathroom. Plus the all the other things like they said indoor heated pool, hot tub, and the weight room. His Dad said they are going to turn one of the kid's room into a game room and small office for him and Mr. Vincent to work in.”


My mother said. “I could live here, and be happy. Very happy.”


Grandma said; “In your dreams Linda, only in your dreams.”


Susan frowned. “So if they have all this room why do we all have to share with you guys?”


Grandma said. “Because your mother and I can’t trust you for one thing, and the second because I requested it and I have pull with his Dad. So be grateful, because once everyone takes up the room you’ll be glad and be happy. Plus I want to keep both eyes on both of you with all the boys here. God help me?


“Now go get unpacked and put on your bathing suits or don’t. I don’t care, it's not that I haven’t seen you naked more times I care to count, but no sex,” she said to Susan, “and no sex for you,” she said to my mother. “And no sex for you and I mean that Becky, just because you don’t need a condom doesn’t mean you can. You’re not old enough anyway, and Susan if I catch you with one boy I’ll make you stay in your room until we leave here tomorrow.


“I d give the same advice to your brother Eric, but that boat has long sailed. You should know Linda that your son has already fathered one child, and it’s the young lady he is marrying tomorrow and the news gets better. Oh yes, but I’ll save that little surprise once you get settled in and I am going to take a nice long hot bath in that great big tub in our room. Knowing there are no cameras anywhere inside that room, but there is everywhere else, just so you know.” Grandma gave me a quick wink knowing that there isn’t.


My mother said. “Come again? I am not sure I heard you right…. Eric has gotten a girl pregnant?”


Grandma nodded. “So I have been told.”

 

Susan smiled. “I knew it, and I can wait to tell Dad.”


Grandma said. “Please do, but do you mind if you wait so I can take a picture?”


Susan's mouth dropped. "You mean you're not going stop me, or punish him for it?”


Grandma said. “Nope and for good reason; now get unpacked and go out and have some fun with the other kids.” Grandma said going into the bathroom, “and if I am not out by suppertime come find me, I might have gotten lost in this bathroom.”


My mother looked at me and said. “Ok, Mr. you got some serious explaining to do.”


Dad knocked on the door as overheard my mother. He said. “Linda, get settled then we’ll sit down and have that nice long talk.”



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

39 Views
Added on May 26, 2019
Last Updated on February 13, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep