Room For All  Part 1

Room For All Part 1

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 185

Room For All

Part 1


Mom was quite disappointed by the fact that school that was supposed to be perfect for Arthur was not what it was listed on the pamphlet. She felt like the walls were crashing in she wanted to wrap Arthur in a cocoon so tight that nothing could ever hurt him again, but she can’t. She cringed when she asked. “So what do we do now?”


Stringum said. “We get married, we party until we drop then we start from square one until we find a spot where we know without a doubt that is safe, and secure.


“I’ll start by using the contacts we already have; we have one turncoat already willing to spill his guts. Perhaps we can find more, if not we’ll capture Miss badass and make her talk. Roberta darling do you think we can ask your mother at the wedding for something that well loosen that tongue of hers without casting a wicked witch spell on us?”


She nodded. “I’ll try, but she can be quite difficult. She’ll be wanting a favor in return.”


Stringum gave her a sigh and said. “I am against the wall, I got unreliable ghost boy and no big stick, what choice do I have? As long it isn’t a blood sacrifice and selling my soul I willing to grant almost any favor.”


Jenny screamed yelling to the girls to hide, tossing her wedding dress to them so we couldn’t see it. Dad said. “I’ll take Arthur and us guys will leave you girls too it. Dr. Sars gave the bracelet to Dad. Even though he didn’t want to wear it, and it wasn’t because it looked girlish. It was a reminder that Arthur is like an uncontrollable child, more so than he ever was. Yet when Dad was in charge Arthur attitude was more in control, mostly because he feared him more, with good reason.


He didn’t dare drag his feet as he stayed close by knowing if he tried to run or outdistance us the bands around him would confine him on the spot until Dad released him. He hated that, but Dad didn’t like using it unless he had too. So instead he didn’t ask Arthur any question just ignored him so he couldn’t spout off acting like a crazy person. He ignored him when scowled at us or mumbled, and when he stopped he said. “Come on Arthur.”


We had left the limo and I was on my feet again. It felt good to be walking like a normal person. We didn’t have a lot for us to do considering we boys had our tuxes for tomorrow; guys were simple when it came to weddings. It was the girls that liked all the frilly stuff while we went to the diner a few blocks away and ordered hot chocolate and waited for the girls.


Stringum flashed some cash and the manager at the dinner and placed a phone for him to uses near his office while we sat in private both with the sign stating that section was closed.


It seemed Stringum never relaxes as he spent most his time on the phone making sure every detail was being handled and everything was on schedule. He was his own office with little black book arranging things like he was the director of his movie. He would cuss and then he would say, “Good, thanks, we can do that,” then on to the next call.


We never knew who he was talking too as he dank hot chocolate by the bucket full until he had to empty his bladder and do it all over again. It was nearly 11 o’clock for nearly 4 hours since we left school and still no sign of the girls. We didn’t care, they could take all day as long we didn’t have to listen to their shill screaming over a dress, that cost more than feeding a small country. Stringum promised them a Cinderella wedding and that was exactly what they were getting.


It was nearly 1 when the girls walked in and Eli and I were dozing after sitting there so long with nothing too do as Stringum worked on things behind the scene and Dad had read every newspaper and magazine in sight. We didn’t eat much as we waited for the girls to get a quick bite, we only had one more stop to make and that was to the reception hall to make sure everything is being done the way the girls wanted it. Again us boys were no help as we waited for them decided the color of napkins that would fit nicely with the table cloths and what silverware and list went on and on.


The only thing that saved us was they had their own wedding planner, and everything they had was easily obtainable. Of course, it would be when Stringum was giving them fist full of cash as it grew on trees.


I had no doubt what so ever that most that money came from the satanic church fund, not that they weren’t going to need it rotting in a jail cell.  I had to admit the place was huge with two floors with balcony sitting where we would be tying the knot, and the reception hall was the size of two high school Gyms. Each would be decorated to the nines. I didn’t even want to see the price tag when it came across my desk. But that still left us with one question what to do with Arthur?


Stringum, of course, had it all worked out, stated he would be coming to the wedding and then he would be staying under his and Dr. Sars protections in their little cottage. Personally, I didn’t care because I had enough on my plate. It had to do with my mother and my grandmother.


I did my job, I made sure that Stringum and Tony had the information they needed regarding the school chucked full of witches and warlocks. I am not saying it didn’t bother me, because it did. I’ll I could hear was the screaming as they tortured those poor children.


They weren’t helping them, there was no therapy of any kind, it was a place of crazy people, and the staff doing whatever they liked to them. Just thinking about it made my stomach hurt. I may not have liked Arthur or Shawn, but what I saw I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy, not even Crawford.


The one thing I had was plenty of time to tell Tony and Stringum everything that was going on in that place. Stringum didn’t ask if I was out of my mind he trusted me, he knew I would never lie to him. He said putting his arms around me that I shouldn’t worry about it. Because he and Tony would make sure they would be stopped. He made several phone calls and said. “I don’t care; I want that place taken care of. I want them to know that their days are number. Either find someone to do it or I will.”


He paused for a long moment and said. “Is that the best you can do, fine do that and when the surveillance comes back and it shows that we are right you owe me a big favor. I am talking big. Yes, I’ll send the specks on the place, by tonight. Thanks, I mean that you won’t regret it. Now have I ever let you down? Well except for her… how did I know she used to be a man you kissed her I didn’t? Yea, yea. See you in the funny papers.”


He gave me two thumbs up and said. “Give her my love, and tell her next time I am town will paint the town. Yes, I got the order and I’ll place it the second I get off the phone.” Stringum clicked the receiver button a couple of times and waited said. “Max this Stringum I need you to send 6 not make 50 dozen of your best red, and bottle of that wine I like, that’s the one, actually make it two, and send it to this address….”


He hung up the phone and paid the check and gave the manager a few bills inside his pocket, said. “Ok, folks we need to get back so we can meet our guest or they’ll be wondering were we are.”


Once we were back inside the limo Stringum put his arm around me and said. “That was quite a show today. For a minute I actually thought you had lost your marbles. Too bad I didn’t get it on tape… Tony, you told us he could pull us out of a tight spot if he had too.”


Tony said. “Like I said it’s always an adventure when we have him around. You never know what he is going to do next and pray that your smart enough too catch on before the second act or he’ll leave you in the dust. I wish I had more like him on my team.”


Arthur scrawled at me. “Thanks for ruining it, Mule boy. I could have played games, and painted pictures and not have to worry about dumb Mule boy missing it up.”


Dr. Sars said. “You want to play games and paint pictures? I got everything you need at home. Now behave yourself and perhaps I let you do just that. I am just too tired even to care about your rudeness, but don’t press your luck. You have been told we don’t call people names Arthur, if you don’t have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut.”


We had been home maybe ten minutes, and the house was deserted, but of course, it would, knowing girls and how they like to shop trying on everything that their eyes catch, especially when they had a briefcase full of money and a credit card.


I felt sorry for Stringum when the bill arrives; Grandma was the first one to arrive as the driver helped her out and up the steps to make sure she didn’t fall. There only two of them and not as steep as hers back at home, but ever since she had fallen down them she been scared of them ever since.


I caroled Sparky and Jake's dog so Grandma could get in without them jumping all over her. He had just a little too much spunk for her taste, but once she was settled I would let them lose so even they can give them a proper greeting. Dr. Sars quickly took care of Arthur I didn’t ask seeing the tranq dart in her hands.


The moment she saw me she growled at Mom and Dad. “What the hell did you do to his hair? And where in the hell are your glasses son?” Mom dug them for them in her purse and handed them to me and Grandma washed the lipstick off my face with her fingers even though I was sure there wasn’t any.


Once had she gave me hug and several more kisses she was ready. I gave a heavy sigh as she crossed her arms, she said. “Ok I am here and I come long ways for some answer that you are all going to give me.” Dad gave up his seat by the fireplace so she could be toasty warm and she took it, she was too angry at him to thank him. The driver put her things by the door and smartly left for us to deal with her, which stated she was more than a little upset from our last phone call.


In some ways I was glad that we had the house to ourselves, so I would have to be bombarded with questions not only by her but my mother. She said. “again, I am not getting any younger young man now tell me what’s this all about, I got the invitation and nearly lost my false teeth, seeing you dressed up as pirate of some kind, I couldn’t make heads or tail regarding who you were marrying and why; so we will start with that.”


I gave a nodded motioned Rhoda forward and said. “Grandma met Rhoda, and this Eli her brother and Jackie her best friend.”


I let them shake hands and took a seat on the other couch. Grandma gave them each once over and said. “Ok, so who is marrying who?”


I said. “Rhoda is marrying me and Eli is marrying me and Jackie is marrying Eli.” Grandma blinked a couple of times and said let me get this straight?” Then shook her head as if trying to clear her head, indicating she wasn’t sure so I said. “Ronda is going to be my wife and Eli my husband, Jackie is marrying Eli as her husband and Rhoda is marrying Jackie as her wife.”


Grandma blinked and we gave her minute letting Dad get up and get her a glass of water. It took her a few minutes, said. “And this legal?” I waved my hand back and fourth said. “Yes and no.”


Grandma took several swallows and said. “Ok, so the big question is why,” 


Stringum said. “It’s complicated. Would you like me to show the video first or explain it to you?”


Grandma growled. “Please tell me it’s not another one of those like last time?” 


Stringum waved his hand and said. “Not sure how to answer that question, but here it goes.” He took it from the top regarding were we left off after the Gloria incident.


She didn’t like knowing that Jeff was involved, because she wasn’t all that fond of him, because he was a sign of trouble was brewing. Once he had explained Texas he put the video in showing me playing Shawn as the bad boy and had edited taking out the spots where the camera had stared off into spaces and other scenes and it was the first time I and my friends have seen it.


Grandma was beside herself as she looked at me stating we were going to have one of those long talks about language and what not. She didn’t like vulgar language regardless if was acting. Just for Grandma, he made it G-rated so she didn’t see what happened in the boy's dorms, knowing how she felt about it.


She knew I did it, she knew I kissed boys and stimulated them, she would even tease me about it, but she didn’t care to see it. She was fine with me being a nudist, mostly. And couldn’t seem the harm of us taking a bath or swimming naked together; it was the sex she did her best to ignore. Once the tape had played itself out. He explained what was going to happen next, said. “It not for the weak stomach.”


Grandma waved it away, and I said. “Are you sure?”


Grandma said. “I have already seen the worst I have ever seen in my entire life.” Stringum nodded and played the wedding ceremony; she jumped up and grabbed my arms the moment the Eli’s Dad set us on fire. Stringum paused and explained the trick. She looked at my arms again and said. “That’s something you don’t see every day.”


Stringum said. “I’ll stop there because not even I have that strong of a stomach.” And quickly explained what happened next she paled and said. “Second thought I rather not see that, but still haven’t answered my question why they are getting married? And why you think you needed to do this? And most important why my grandson?”


Stringum quickly said. “Remember what I said about Crawford?”


She said. “Yes I know he’s evil and belongs in hell. Like those, I have just seen on that video.” He quickly explained what happened during our first black Sunday. Her eyes widen and she had a nuclear meltdown cussing him and my adoptive parents from here to sundown. “And you putting my grandson in the fire so he can get his a*s cooked for a bunch of crazy people?”


Eli said. “Yes they are crazy, but not all them, and those are the ones we are trying to save. Children, newborn children, families being forced too rape and kill their own children, wives, and husband; all in the name of some religion for greed and power in hopes of taking over the world. We after those people that think it is ok to do this. The Satanic cult is growing and growing quickly.


“We saved one school, my school, but there are hundreds where they are entrenched. In fact this very morning we visited a school hoping to put Arthur there so he could get the care he needs. Yet when we arrived we greeted by a witch and the whole school was infected with them. We had to leave those poor people unable to help them today. The school was located in Salt Lake City no more than 15 or 20 blocks from the LDS Temple. And 30 more blocks on the opposite of the Catholic Church and countless others.


“Not more then 5 miles from here is where the satanic church is with over 400 members. Eric has a map in his room where he tracking each of the locations we find and we are gathering information of each one and then working inside as we take them down. Tony here and Jenny has a team where they are doing all the heavy lifting. Eric and us are the first responders.


“We go in and we scope it out and we get out letting the team go in and neutralize the problem. The damage to us is minim, we been trained to fight, and we train every day so if we get caught with our pants down, figure of speaking of course.” Eli gave me a wink knowing not too let that one out of the bag regarding my grandma.


She said. “Ok, I understand that. I am not going to say I like it, because I feel that you shouldn’t be the ones doing it, but for arrangement sake, let’s say you are doing this so how does marrying each other help in this?” Stringum quickly explained regarding the girls and Eli and why it needed to look like that we are the ones that got the girls pregnant.


Grandma breathed a sigh of relief said. “Why didn’t you tell me that in the first place. I was thinking that my grandson was only marrying the poor girl because it’s the proper thing to do. So in since you are getting married to protect them and the baby? I can live with that, but what happens when the girls have the baby who is going to raise it?”


Stringum said. “We haven’t got that far, but the girls were thinking about raising it on their own or putting it up for adoption. Either way, the child will be well cared for. I have seen to that.”


She nodded. “So the marriage is a show, and my grandson isn’t really getting married, but he is going to live as though he is married to Rhoda and Eli and so forth… until the babies are born and the threat is eliminated?” She gave a heavy sigh and said. “I guess, I don’t like it, but I know my grandson he’ll do it regardless. He stubborn just likes his grandfather and his father.


“I can only imagine the look on his face when he finds out; it’s going to be something that I can’t wait to see on his face; especially when he finds out that you not only married a girl, but a boy as well, the baby will be the icing on the cake. So the rest of the people getting married tomorrow is also a sham?”


Stringum smiled sheepishly and said. “Nope it’s done deal; I am getting married to this fine woman Dr. Roberta Sars. And this man Tony is getting married to this fine woman Jenny and then my David is finally tying the knot with Mr. Rothwell’s daughter Jody.


“But you haven’t heard the best part. Don’t laugh and hang onto your seat Doris. Everyone here is getting baptized tomorrow morning, including yours truly in an LDS church nearby and Bishop Earl and Bishop Sakes are doing the honors.”


Grandma was stunned and blinked several times and he nodded she said. “And who do we have to thank for this little miracle?”


Stringum laughed. “Eric’s friend Jeff.”


Grandma said. “So he can be useful after all. I’d kiss him, but right now rather turn him over my knee giving him what for, involving my grandson in this and I hope he his here listening to me.” I nodded and she said. “Me and him are going have words when I kick the bucket and they won’t be pleasant.”


Stringum said. “I am afraid you might have to get in line on that one.”


Grandma said. “Ok, so I am here and so can someone show me around, and… oh damn please tell me that’s your mother?”


I knew it was hearing her voice. “Are sure this is the right place?” Landan opened the door and everyone followed. My adoptive Mom said. “Shoes, don’t you dare get mud on my floors.” 



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on May 26, 2019
Last Updated on February 13, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep