The Big Show  Part 2

The Big Show Part 2

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 187-1

The Big Show

Part 2

 


Once we had it perfect it was a mad dash for the changing rooms, while the guests took their seats and news crews do their final checks. Grandma waited by the entrances for my father, who didn’t look too pleased to be here as he was being manually escorted by Mr. Kenly and Officer Knox. Bishop Earl was complaining about his robe that just seemed so ridicules, being it was all white and was an exact copy of mine and Eli’s that we wore to the satanic wedding including the symbols, that weren’t symbols and Stringum wanted him to wear a golden sash around the neck that made him look so out of place, more like Catholic Bishops. Reminding him they are expecting him to look grander than just a person wearing a suit. There was another reason he wanted him to wear it, but we will get to that in a moment.


He rolled his eyes asking how he managed to get talked into this. Having Bishop Sakes reminded him he begged him to do it. Which didn’t help his situation any? Stringum was debating if he should carry a scepter of some kind or big point hat like they do in Catholic churches. Getting the look if he even thought about it this wedding wasn’t going to happen.


Finally, our queue was called for us boys and our three men to take our places. Everyone turned as we noticed the place was packed to the rafters. The place was absolutely stunning with flowers draped in long vines around marble pillars and vases with lots of colorful fabric in each of the girl’s favorite colors.


I had no doubt that cost was more than a million dollars as I looked at how extravagant it was decorated, with real flowers and vines and not the fake ones they normally use to cut the cost. Bishop Earl looked awesome as he took center stage as he waited for us with our friends we had chosen to be our best men; which was all my friends not leaving a single one out as they waited for us to walk down the aisle or in mine and Tony’s case roll down, but he wasn’t alone. I smiled seeing that Stringum won by placing a pointy hat and a scepter in his hand so did the gentleman that was standing beside him, which soon became clear that it was Eli and Rhoda’s Dad in disguise as a Catholic Bishop.


I saw Grandma pointed to me and my father snarled. “That’s not my son, I don’t have a son.” Every time he tried to get up to leave Mr. Kenly sat him back down hard, Grandma smiled and waved at me as I was being wheeled or pushed by Eli and Stringum was pushing Tony with our collapsible pair of hand crutches setting on our laps.


Eli locked my wheels and we waited for the music to start as the loud pipe organ was given the queue that the girls were ready to walk down the aisle. When that happened it was Tony and my queue to stand up with help as we pretended to act like it took everything we got to do it. Stating we would do anything for love even stand with help as we waited for our brides. Eli smile seeing his father, he was aching to give him a hug, but if he did it would ruin everything. So they pretended not to know each other,


Everyone gasped seeing the brides and their dress, including flower girls like Jared’s two mermaid girlfriends and Bishop Earls little girl as the Vincent boys walked down the aisle beside them with the rings for us. All dressed in their little black tuxes and the girls in matching bridesmaids dress all in bright pink frilly dresses with white fluffs of fabric underneath. Hearing the guest say how cute and adorable they look with baskets in their hands tossing red and pink roses petals down the aisle.


My three mermaids were helping to carry the long train of veils. Then racing back to take the next one, until all the girls and bridesmaids had made it down with the person they had asked to walk them down the aisle like Dad was doing with Jody as we noticed a slight tremor in his facial expression while taking their places behind each of the brides.


While Mom and the ladies up front directing the kids to take their seats up front once they had made it all down so the ceremony could begin. Dad too took his seat next to Mom on the front row. Arthur wasn’t with them, he was somewhere nobody could find him, locked away in Mom and Dads hotel room with two guards coloring in one of the many coloring books that Stringum got him with tons of crayons.


Bishop Earl started with the easy ones with his partner pitch hitting as Eli and Jackie noticed him they too were itching to hug him, but they too couldn’t do it for what was at stake for all of them, but at least he was here. Bishop Earl first gave me and Tony permission to sit as we made the effort that looked like it was the hardest thing we had done and our legs were about to give out on us.


Tony grinned as he fell on purpose as the audiences gasped standing trying to see what was happening. Tony yelled. “I can do it. For hell sakes let me do it!” Every let go but he fell again and yelled again, “Ok I needed some help down here. Are you going to help me or look at me…?” This time he let them help him and he made it look that it had embarrassed him as he straightened his own self pushing away his helpers.


Once everyone took their seats Jody and Dave moved into position Bishop Earl remarried them and they kissed and retook their places Stringum went next and then Coach Brady and Mrs. Hothner who had been added on at the last minute with a separate picture hanging in the hall when they came in. It was Tony turn as he was helped to stand; letting Stringum and Coach Brady hold him to keep him standing and helped turn him so Jenny and she could place their rings on each other's hands. Once he kissed he yelled. “I am so getting laid tonight.” Causing him to get laughs as Eli slid his wheelchair under him and sat back down with ease.


Then it was our turn as I slowly and carefully as if I had weights for feet as they slowly made each painful step I wobbled a bit giving them the idea that I could fall and right on queue Stringum and Eli caught me as I leaned in on him until they could stand me right and proper, but showing I wasn’t totally paralyzed. Once I was standing with help and faced Rhoda. Bishop Earl stepped aside and Eli’s Dad came forward wearing the exact copy of what Bishop Earl was wearing.


Everyone froze, not knowing who this man was except for the people of the satanic church that recognized him, which were higher up on the food chain. There were lots of whispers as the Eli and Rhoda blinked and whispered. “Dad, what are doing here?”


He said. “Marrying you again apparently this time for good I hope,” giving them each a wink. He smiled as he repeated the same vows that Bishop Earl had given to each of the other couples.


Once I had married Rhoda and kissed her good and proper he married me to Eli; as the bulbs kept flashing. Until he and I kissed placing the rings on each of our fingers. The moment the ring touched my finger there was like huge static charge working through my body. The room seemed brighter all of sudden and then I felt light-headed, as I regained my seat in the nick of time. Eli looked at me and whispered. “Did you feel that just for a moment I could swear the room shifted and you glowed?”


I nodded and whispered; “must be the rings.”


I took my seat as he married Jackie and I handed her ring to him so he could places it on her finger. They two commented the each had the same feeling as we did. When we looked at their father it was like looking into the face of a devil with horns and red glowing eyes, then he shifted back into himself. Eli backed away and so did the girls as they gasped,


Eli tripping into me as he came down hard sitting on my lap. He shook his head and said. “Ok, now that’s freaky.” I covered it by swing his legs over my wheelchair and told him to put his arms around me and kiss me. He did and the audience went nuts. Eli got up and Rhoda got on my lap and as Jackie gathered up her dress and tucked inside so the wheels would get caught ruining the dress while we lingered kissing each other and the two pushed me and her down the aisle.


Tony pulled Jenny into his and they kissed, allowing our best men to push him and her down the aisle as Their Dad made hasty exist with Bishop Earl and everyone else followed us to the reception part of the building for meet and greet while we freshened up and traded wheelchairs that had cruise control. Grandma came up to our room so she could congratulate us again and prove to my father that it was really me.


He took one look at me and slapped my face, he was about to do again, until Eli stepped in front of him said. “Sir that is my husband you are slapping. Only I have the right and so does his wife. Who happens be my sister and if you haven’t heard is pregnant with his child.” Grandma grabbed his arm only to shove her aside telling her to get off him or he’ll kill her right where she stands.


My father reached for his belt which wasn’t there. He snarled. “And you think because you got a girl pregnant makes you a man. It serves you right. I don’t give a rat’s a*s about you and never have. And you pervert, if you ever interfere with me ever again I swear I will kill you, and then him and you're no good w****s.”


Eli lost it and decked him across the face, and kneed him in the groin. “Don’t be home when we are visiting his mother next week. Because if you do and insult our wives. I will kick your sorry a*s so far up your a*****e that it will become your belly button. Now get the hell out.”


My father flung himself at us, only to hit the ground with a tranq sticking in the back of his neck. Grandma tsked. ”He never seems to learn that you boys can fight back. I do apologize. Give me a moment to get this piece of garbage out of here.”


Eli said. “So that’s your father, for some reason I pictured him bigger than that.”


I said. “He was when I was younger; now he nothing more than a noisy buffoon.” Grandma came back with Mr. Kenly and Officer Knox asking if they could borrow my wheelchair.


I nodded grandma said. “Take him up to Linda’s room at the hotel. I’ll be long shortly after I have said my goodbyes and picked up the girls and his brother so we can go home.”


Grandma had already told me she wasn’t staying for the reception and neither was my mother stated she was going to my house and go to church with us then go home afterward. My mother was the only one staying, but she wouldn’t be staying for the reception either because she would be busy in the hotel with my father. I didn’t say that I had overheard her and Stringum talking about it. It was better to assume that I didn’t.


Personally, I thought it was a great idea. Not wanting to expose my mother to anyone here more than necessary. Or my friends, that weren’t staying and was heading home; which was fine I would seeing them later as for me, once we had settled in at my mother's house, and again when I returned to Heber.


Grandma gave us each a hug and a kiss on the cheek and said. “I’ll see you boys on Sunday, Eli I want you to promise me that you will always have his back. I don’t trust Mr. Rothwell as much as I used to ever since that Gloria incident. I figured you would always be by his side more so because he is now married to you. If you don’t things are not going to be pleasant. It would break me if I lost him and I have come close many times. Too close, but one of these times it won’t be closes. Not as long as you boys are mixed up in that satanic church business.


“I rather have someone that knows what they are doing and knows how to keep my grandson alive. Not someone just blundering around and poking big sticks at the beast that trying to kill them. You get him out, you do whatever it takes to get him out or I will come to find you and dead or alive I will make sure you see hell long before I do. Do I have your word?” Grandma spit in her hand and he did likewise and they shook on it, she said. “Where I come from that means that deal is binding.” She didn’t let go until he understands that.


Once she had and left out the door. Eli said. “She’s a lot more scarier than your father.”


I said. “Oh don’t I know it. That’s why I always make sure I never lie to her and always do my best to keep my promises with her.”



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on May 27, 2019
Last Updated on February 13, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5