Chapter 11 (Is That Really Her?)

Chapter 11 (Is That Really Her?)

A Chapter by Treston Seek

Chapter 11 (Is That Really Her?)

(a few years have passed)

"Today is your guy's 16th birthday right?" Bo asks us while he is chugging down another beer. "Ya" we both say at the same time tiredly while we give each other 16 punches in the arm. "Well we are going to need some grub then, go get some food" Bo says, getting off the couch and giving us both a pat on the back and awkward smile. "But it's our birthday" we say with a sigh. "So? I didn't know that a birthday was the national holiday of teenagers to do nothing all day" Bo says with a snicker. "Just because its your birthday doesn't mean I going to go soft on you" he says as he gives a both a punch in the arm.
"Ow!" we say at the same time like he hates. So he punches again in the other arm. "Stop that, it gets really annoying sometimes" he says with sigh. "Sorry" we say at the same time again without trying to. "I said stop that!" Bo says with a angry look. So we just run out the room as fast as  possible and head to market to get some food.
We walk around town doing out normal stealing routine. "I love the fact we can get all we want from these stores" Peter says with a laugh as he bites down on a freshly ripe apple. "Ya, but we still have to wear these raggedy clothes.." I say while I look down and grab my worn out shirt with a huge whole and a cut the bottom. "Ya.." Peter says, looking down and noticing that he has been wearing the same pants for 3 days and they were once black, now they got so much dirt on them you could hardly tell they had any color. We keep walking and we notice a tailoring store. Fancy suits are spread across the windows and we couldn't help but stare.
"You know what we should do?" Peter says, thinking up one of his schemes again. "Don't tell me you are thinking about stealing those clothes" I say with a sigh. "Why not?" "We have been living like slobs all our whole lives, why not be a rich boy for one day?". "We steal food and everything all day, why not steal a couple of suits for today. "That's different, when we do that we have a routine, we now exactly how to get out of any trouble when we are in it" I say trying to convince him this is a bad idea. "If we do this, we are mostly likely going to get caught" I say with a sigh.
"Come on bro, there is a huge party tonight, the Carpenters are supposed to be throwing it" Peter says giving me a nudge in the arm. "The Carpenters, you mean the royal family that owns like half the town that we still from?" I say with a laugh. "All right you got me, I would love them to see their faces when they see us, considering we have wanted posters every where in town" I say with a laugh. "Ya, but these suits are just going to be the beginning, we need masks" I say thinking of any mask stores in the area. Peter sees a poster on the wall, and ironically its for the party. 
It reads
"Come to the Royal Party of the year!"
The Carpenters have so humbly bought out the market for the rest of the day, and are expected to be joining us in this glorious event! This party is a   
masquerade ball, and your expected to bring your own costumes and masks.
Please come down!

"Alright, not only is it our birthday but they are throwing thee most perfect ball in the most perfect time!" Peter says showing me the paper. I read and smile with excitement, "Lets do this bro" I say with a smile. We head to the entrance of the store. I whisper to Peter, "Lets do this quickly okay?" as I open the doors to the store. We quickly run to the suits and steal them, and run for our lives out the store and down the road. The store owner chases after us with a revolver in his hand, as he starts to shoot at us. We both quickly climb up the wall with ease and then find a place to quickly change.
"Alright bro, i'm done" I say coming out of the alley and noticing his dark blue shirt is almost black in this dead of night. I can barely notice the flower and dark blue hankie he has in the jacket pocket. "Dude bro your suit looks amazing!" Peter says looking at my dark black jacket that has short sleeves, and my crimson vest. "Its not amazing, its easy" I say with a laugh. "Now we just need some masks" I say noticing the mask store across the street from us. They have a couple boxes on sale for the party. We go to the boxes and buy two of the most expensive masks, trying to keep up a rich boy person, when in all reality we just spent all the allowance we have same up for a year.
We head towards the party, and its hard to see in anything in this darkness that surrounds are little town, but as we soon approach the market our little town looks like a big city with all the lights and what were once food stands are now carnival games and the ball is held in the center where a huge tent stands in order to shield from the rain that is expected to fall. We play a few games, but we were here for the party, so we go the entrance and the man in front of the tent who is letting people in and out asks for our name. We panic, and say that we are the nephews of the Carpenters.
The man looks at us strangely but he can't tell really who we are from the masks. "Ah so John and Samuel, you finally made it" he says giving us a pat on the back and letting us in. "The royal family is sitting over there" he says pointing to the 2 seats in the front of the room. The way its set up is like they are set up makes it seem like the Carpenters are hunters stalking their prey. Threw all the lights and glimmer of this beautiful party I can kind of see the face of their famous daughter, she is supposed to be the most beautiful girl in town.
The more I try to see, the harder it gets to remember why I am traveling threw the crowd as they dance. "Hey bro where are you going!?" Peter says, but I barely here him. "Whats happening to me?" I think to myself. "Why am I so drawn to walking this way. Then when my body finally comes to a stop I am in front of the royal family without me even realizing it. "Um who are you, and what makes you think you can stand in front of this family without permission?" Mr. Carpenter says to me. "I'm so sorry sir, I honestly don't know how I brought up the courage to come up here" I say with a nervous chuckle.
"Oh don't mind my father" a voice says from behind a certain. "Who is that?" I say trying to see if I remember the voice from some where. A beautiful girl with dark brown hair that is curly, and nice for the party comes from the certain. Her mask is gold and feathers stick out of it. "I'm sorry for hiding, I just don't like crowds" she says shaking my hand, but its sweaty because I am nervous and she is just so beautiful. She doesn't seem to mad as she smiles at me, and I nervously smile back. "Do I know you from some where?" she says looking at me eyes, and my body like she is trying to remember. "No ma'am I don't believe we have met, I think I would remember some one as beautiful as you my lady" I say with a bow. "Is that her?" I say looking at her face.


© 2013 Treston Seek


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

good job again. i like the whole romeo and Juliet scenario. keep it up.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
1 Review
Added on July 13, 2013
Last Updated on July 13, 2013


Author

Treston Seek
Treston Seek

Barstow, CA



About
Just a really good comment-er lol more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Treston Seek