Chapter 20 (Threw darkness they will shine)

Chapter 20 (Threw darkness they will shine)

A Chapter by Treston Seek

Chapter 20
 
Damien slowly taking in the situation, heads for the door. He slams it shut, and darts towards his daughter. "Alice you need to stop this, you know better, you know how to control I know you do". "Why should I do that?" she responds with a chill in her voice. "It's not you, you're better that this!" Damien says, as panics starts to sink in. His daughter's powers keep growing with hatred and anger.
What do I do! Damien thinks to himself, as he paces around the room. Then it hit him, just show her another memory. He steps a few feet, than appears behind her. He grabs her mouth to block her screams and says, "This is for your own good, I promise". "What do you think you are doing!" she screams from in between Damien's fingers.
He slips his other hand on her forehead, and sends her into another flashback. The one she couldn't remember. This memory was her own, but was lost somewhere deep inside her mind. The memory of these same hands touching hers long ago, the day her parents left her.
(Flashback starts)
The day was beautiful, the sun was hot, the birds were chirping, singling to the tone of  lullabies. Alice was just learning how to walk, and Damien was behind her, holding her hands in the air as helped his daughter walk across the lawn. "There you go Alice, I knew you could do it". The breeze of the day was working against his daughters little legs, making her stumble and fall, over and over again. Every time she fell, Damien would pick her up and carry her further, to try and stop her from giving up.
The flowers were at full bloom, and leaves were falling from the tress, marking the changing of the seasons. "Alright Alice, I am going to let you go now" Damien whispers into his daughters ear, with a chuckle. "No daddy don't, I am too scared" Alice says as she clings to her father's hands. "It's okay, let the fear give you strength" Damien says, as he lets her go so smoothly that she didn't even notice.
Alice herself, was walking, all on her own. She was walking slowly being cautious, but soon got the courage to walk a little faster. "That's my girl!" Damien yells towards her. Alice turned around, she hadn't noticed until now that she was walking all on her own. Filled with astonishment, she broke into a run towards her father, smiling big the entire time. "Daddy, daddy!". "I'm doing it, I'm doing it!". She gets to her father, and clings onto his shirt as he lifts her up.
Freya emerges from the house, her beautiful caramel brown hair tied into a pony tail. Showing off her beautiful face, and her deep brown eyes that glistened against the shine of the morning sun. "Did I just hear that you learned to walk?" she says with a gentle smile. "Why just yesterday you were crawling sweety".
"Yes mommy I did it, I really did!" she says as she tugs on her mother's shirt, showing that she wanted to be held by her now. "I am so proud of you Alice" Freya says, as she grabs her and holds her close. "Yep that's my girl" Damien says with utmost pride, as he kisses Alice and Freya on the cheek. "Takes after her mother, a quick learner".
"Shut yo face" Freya says as she blushes. "It's true mommy you are amazing" Alice says, clearly on her fathers side. "Shut yo little face" Freya says, as she pinches her daughters little cheeks. Damien mouths the words thank you to Alice than goes behind Freya and holds her by her waist. "I love you mommy and daddy" Alice says, making them both blush. "We love you too" they say at the same time.
(Flashback ends)


© 2013 Treston Seek


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good job, very emotional.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Amazing !!!!! I got goose bumps already.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 7, 2013
Last Updated on November 15, 2013


Author

Treston Seek
Treston Seek

Barstow, CA



About
Just a really good comment-er lol more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Treston Seek