Chapter 14 (This again?)

Chapter 14 (This again?)

A Chapter by Treston Seek

Chapter 14

     Alice sits there, scratching her head at first. She starts to wonder, "How did that happen?". Damien sits there as well, wondering what she is thinking. "Um..dad?" Alice says, breaking the awkward silence. "Yes?" Damien says with a laugh. "How did that happen?" Alice says, while joining him in the laugh.
     "What do you mean?" Damien says in wonder. "How do you know about Bo, and just not say anything about it?" she asks. "I don't know, I just thought it was cool" Damien responds. Alice rubs her head slowly. "I have no faith in you" she says coldly. "You sound just like your mother, you know that?" Damien says with a laugh. "Really?" she says with the biggest smile that Damien has seen yet. "Yeah, a matter of fact you sound a lot like her now a days" Damien says with a smirk.
     Alice sits up with a smile, and as if she remembers something, goes straight to out the door. "What's wrong?" Damien says, while chasing after her. He grabs her by the arm, and turns her around. Her face is covered in tears, and Damien is speechless. "Where is my mom?" she says, while choking up. "Your mother is gone right now, but you will see her soon I promise" Damien says, while wiping her tears away. "What do you mean by gone?" Alice asks, challenging his word.
     "She is in a better place" Damien says while looking down. "You mean she is.." Alice starts to say before Damien cuts her off. "She is at home, waiting for us" he says while planting the best fake smile he can on his face. "Really?" Alice says with a smile. "Yeah, she has been waiting patiently for us" Damien says, as he grabs her by the hand and helps her calm down. "Then why don't we go to her now?" she asks."Because I am not done with my story yet, little one" Damien says with a smile. "Okay.." Alice says with a sigh.
     "It's late, you should go to bed" Damien says, as he picks her up and takes her to her room and lays her down. "Goodnight sweetheart" he says, as he places a kiss on her forehead. "Goodnight daddy" she says, as she closes her eyes and smiles. "Sleep tight" Damien whispers, as he puts the blanket over her. "I will, I promise" she says with a smile, as she falls soundly to sleep.
      Damien leaves the room, and walks out the door to walk around the town for a little while. "My blood lust has died down rather quickly this time around" he thinks to himself. "I wonder why" he says aloud, as he turns the corner down a alley. At the end of the alley he sees a light shining. He walks towards it, and notices it is a store. In the window are giant, stuffed teddy bears on little stands to hold them up. "Hmm, I am sure Alice would love one of these" he says with a smile.
      He quickly glances to the left and the right to make sure no one is looking, and quickly steals the teddy bear. It was so quick that if someone were there, they wouldn't have even seen his body go in the store. "I have gotten much faster in my old age, kind of ironic" he says with a laugh. He counties to walk around the town, as he sees the alley way that he first saw Bo in his strange attire. Then he sees the store him and Peter stole the suits from. Then, he sees it, the place where the ball was held the night he first found out Freya was a royal. "I wish you were still with us, my love" he whispers, as a tear streams down his face.
      Damien finds his way back to the house, that he used to live in with Bo, and Peter. He starts to remember all the wonderful times he had in that beaten down house. "I will always miss the times we shared as well, brother" Damien thinks to himself. "Now I better get back to Alice before she starts freaking out" he says with a laugh. So he starts making his way back to the house him and Alice are staying in.
      He walks up to the door, with the teddy bear in hand, and opens it. Suddenly light shines in from the door way. "Wow didn't think I was gone that long" he says with a chuckle, as he closes the door behind him. He goes to the room where his daughter lay, and notices she is still asleep. "Good" he thinks to himself, as he places the teddy bear gently in between her arms. Then he plops himself on the floor, next to his daughters bed and falls asleep. He is soon awaken by his daughter pounding on his chest. "Wake up daddy" she says with a laugh.
      "Why are you up so early?" Damien says with a chuckle. "It's 12 o clock in the afternoon" Alice says with a laugh. "Really?" Damien says, as he looks out the window and sees the giant clock tower bing at 12 like it does every day. "Yep, unless I am blind" Alice says with a laugh, as she plops back on her bed. "You are becoming more like your mother every day you know that?" Damien says with a chuckle as he sits next to her. Alice starts to laugh and then says, "Speaking of which, why was mommy crying?". Damien stares at her with a blank stare, either he woke up on the wrong side of the bed, or he had no idea what she was talking about.
     Alice finally speaks up and says, "The last memory you showed me of her, she was crying, why?". "Oh that" Damien says while looking down. "Come here and let me show you" he says while putting out his hand. She leans closer to him and lays her head on his chest. Then he places his hand on her forehead as another flashback begins.

      








© 2013 Treston Seek


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Time to trip balls till' daybreak once again.*


Posted 10 Years Ago


Time for more to trip balls till daybreak again.



Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 24, 2013
Last Updated on September 24, 2013


Author

Treston Seek
Treston Seek

Barstow, CA



About
Just a really good comment-er lol more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Treston Seek