Chapter 3 (Alone on this Empty Road)

Chapter 3 (Alone on this Empty Road)

A Chapter by Treston Seek

Chapter 3 (Alone on this Empty Road)
Damien looks away from his daughter with tears in his eyes. Alice still trying to figure out what happened,doesn't say a word. "I am so sorry Alice...I knew this would happen". Alice still in udder shock,and horror just sits there with no response. "I never meant for you to see it that way...i am truly sorry" Damien says almost balling. Alice just looks up at him,and says very calmly "I want to know more...please"

"Okay,but be fair warned that this will not be a pretty sight..." he says with a hint of desperation in his voice. Alice just looks up at him with a hint of a smile,and very calm yet scary like voice "Yes father,i would like to know more please". Damien looks at her one last time with a scared look on his face,as he places his hand on her forehead,as yet a new flashback comes into play.

(Flashback Starts)

Me and Peter look at each other and notice our white t-shirts soaked in dripping red blood. Our mangled bodies barely able to move slowly start to make their way towards the door of this beaten down cabin like house. We open the door and stare off into the moonlight with only the option to move forward. Before we go we go to our mothers body and calmly say our final goodbyes. We make our way slowly towards our father and say,"Rest in peace father..your memory will live on with us..you will never be forgotten".

We make our way back towards the door and swing our mangled bodies into a crying run. We soon find our selves what feels like crawling towards a town. We look around and start to walk down a dark street with only the light from a few bedrooms in the apartment rooms,and the light from the sign at the bar. We hear mothers saying goodnight to their children,grown men flinging themselves onto woman in a broken down tavern,and men fist fighting outside of a nudity bar over a waitress who so obviously likes one man more then the other.

Then we a strange voice yelling at kids that are coming up to his doorstep asking for candy. I guess this is some kind of festival cause all we saw were teenagers or older then us anyway kids dressed in weird costumes. We walk up to the mans door and notice he has a shaggy like beard and a half gone cigarette in his mouth. He looks a lot like our father. The hair is the same,the figure is the same,even the way he talks is almost the same. He snaps at us saying "Who the f**k are you bloody kids!" while taking another hit from his cigarette. Me and Peter just looks at each other dumbfounded at the sound of his weird accent. "What does a cat got your tongue"! We take a glance at each other,and say "Can we please stay with you...we lost our parents,and are great need of a place to stay". The man looks at us,and says "Sure come on in.." almost as if this has happened to him before too.

We walk into the house and sit down on his rusted old couch trying to figure out what is playing on his busted in tv screen. "So what happened to your parents kids...and what's with the clothes?" We take a glance at each other and say with our heads drooping down,"They were killed by a English man..kinda sounds like you..." The man looks at us and laughs "Pretty much everyone around here sounds the same kid,get used to it!" We laugh a little but we are stopped when the man gets up and says "Go to bed i am tired..tomorrow i will lay down some ground rules if i am going to have to smart a*s kids living with me". 

We get up with no questions asked,and walk into the room he pointed us to go into,and notice it is clean and not like the rest of his house. Almost as if someone else was living here before us,but is no more. The room has been kept in perfect shape. We both lay down in the bed as the man shuts the door behind us and u can hear him open a can of beer and start chugging it. Peter finally has the guts to say,"He looks a lot like father,but definitely isn't him". I agree with a sigh and say,"Well we are just going to have to deal with it aren't we?" Peter agrees with a nod of his head as we both drift off into a deep and peaceful sleep.


© 2012 Treston Seek


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
wow that must suck poor boys!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Treston Seek

11 Years Ago

ya but they are tuff lol

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
1 Review
Added on June 30, 2012
Last Updated on October 5, 2012


Author

Treston Seek
Treston Seek

Barstow, CA



About
Just a really good comment-er lol more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Treston Seek