Chapter 17 (Was that him?)

Chapter 17 (Was that him?)

A Chapter by Treston Seek

Chapter 17

     Alice shivers with horror as she thinks to herself, was that him? Slowly Damien takes his hand off her forehead, remembering that awful day. The day his parents were murdered right in front of him. As he thinks about it, one tear falls down his face. Alice soon realizes it and says, "Dad are you crying?". Damien doesn't respond for a long time, and the room goes deadly quiet.
     Slowly, as if the words could barely come out of his mouth, he replies. "No my dear girl, a matter of fact these are tears of joy". Alice, puzzled by what she just heard, asks, "What do you mean?". Damien turns to her with a smile across his face, and his mouth opened wide, showing jagged teeth like a demons. "That day was the day I got my revenge" he says, as his smile opens wider. Alice trembles, not knowing what to say. Was her father insane?
     As if nothing ever happened Damien spoke again, in a sweet voice that comforts Alice. "Sorry I didn't mean to startle you". She stopped tensing up, and leaned in to hug her father. "It's okay, I wasn't that scared" she says with a giggle. "That's my girl" Damien says, as he pets her on the head. "Just like your mom, she had a great resistance of your dear old man". "Never showed any fear, no matter what the circumstance".
     Alice smiles, but then hears a knock upon the door. It has been only a few short days since her father had been here, but still no one else knew she lived here. "Dad, who is that?" she says, kind of trembling again. Damien shuts his eyes, almost as if he is trying to see threw the door with his mind. Suddenly Damien smiles, and sniffs the air like a wild mut. "I know that face, and smell from anywhere" he says while laughing.
    "Come on Alice think about it, just smell the air outside the door" Damien says, almost as if he was giving her a training lesson. Not quite sure why he asked her to do this, she sniffs the air. Suddenly it is as if she could smell the whole town. She tries to focus it more on what is outside the house, and for some odd reason she keeps getting a strong smell of something awful. She couldn't really tell what it was.
     Wait a second" Alice says, remembering the smell. "Is that..?" she says, as she walks up to the door and opens it. "Bo?!" she says, as she notices he looks exactly the same as he did in her fathers memories. His hair still pure white, and his long red trench coat, with diamond studs all around it, and still not wearing a shirt. He had his usual long black pants on, and his big combat boots. "But how does he?" Alice says, just before Bo cuts her off. "This must be Alice" he says calmly. "I thought I smelt something funny".
     "Smelt?" Alice says in confusion. Wait don't tell me that he has that ability to, she wonders. "You are probably wondering who I am" he says, as he plops himself on the couch. "No I know who you are" Alice replies in disgust. "Oh you do, do ya?" Bo says in a cocky attitude. "Yes, entirely to much to bare" she replies with a laugh, as she closes the door.
     "So you showed her then huh big man?" Bo says, as he turns to Damien. "So does she know what you are?". "What we are?", Bo says curiously. "What do you mean what we are?" Damien says in response. "What are you talking about?" Alice says, as she kind of starts to freak out. "So the all powerful Damien, can't stand to tell his precious little daughter the truth" Bo says, as he looks towards Damien with anger in his eyes.
     "I will when she is ready to know, she must see life to know what it is like to take life" Damien says, while staring directly at Bo with a black look across his face. "So showing her your pathetic life is supposed to do what exactly?". "Make her good?" Bo says, obviously getting agitated. Damien replies with a nod, as he looks over at Alice and smiles.
     "Good?" "Bad?" Bo says, getting up. "What the hell does it matter Damien, she is what she is, you can't change that". "Why the hell is she so special that you can't even tell the truth about what she really is huh?" Bo says, as gets up and is about to the leave the room. Just before he does, he whispers something. "I swear ever since Freya died, you have gone way too soft" then he leaves, slamming the door behind him.
     "Wait what?" Alice says, holding back tears. She opens the door, and follows after him. "Did you just say that my mother is dead?". "If only it were that simple" Bo says, as he looks Alice straight in the eye. "What are you talking about?" she says in confusion. "Well you are in for a treat aren't you?" Bo says, as he touches her head and sends her flying into another flashback.


© 2013 Treston Seek


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like how bo just shows up. I also like how soft hearted damien is with alice.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
1 Review
Added on September 27, 2013
Last Updated on September 27, 2013


Author

Treston Seek
Treston Seek

Barstow, CA



About
Just a really good comment-er lol more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Treston Seek