Chapter 16 (What am I?)

Chapter 16 (What am I?)

A Chapter by Treston Seek

Chapter 16

     "Tell me right now Damien, what the hell are you?" Freya, says as she is slowly backing away from me. "I don't know what I am to be honest with you" I say in shock. "Your a demon aren't you?" she says, as she breaks into a run. "Wait don't leave!" I scream as I chase after her. "Get away from me you demon!" she yells as she runs faster. "It's me Damien, please don't run away from me" I say, trying to convince her not to leave. "You aren't the Damien I know, you are a demon with no heart!" she yells, as she goes out of sight.
     The shock of what she just said stuns me, and my body is still. What she said just keeps echoing in my mind. "Is it true?" I wonder. "Am I a demon?" I say, as I feel for my heart, but there is no heartbeat back. Come to think of it, I have never once felt my heartbeat. I have seen and tasted my own blood, but never have I felt my own heartbeat. "She must have just noticed when she was latched on to me" I say, as crouch to my knees. I start to cry, as I wonder what this all means, am I dead?, or am I somehow like the living dead? Am I a demon, or am I a spirit of some kind? Even with all these thoughts rushing to my head, none of them seem right.
     If I am dead, then why do I still cry and feel feelings. If I am a demon, then why do I feel at all? "What am I?" I say aloud. I start to punch the ground in frustration. Each time either one of my fists connect with the ground, they turn into demonic looking hands that make little craters in the earth. My body slowly starts to transform back to its original state. "Why do I look human if I'm not one?" I say, still trying to rap my brain around this situation.
     All of a sudden I hear footsteps, "Is it Freya?" I wonder. I turn back to see who it is, but no one is there. "That's odd" I say, as I turn my head from side to side. Then out of nowhere someone's hand is covering my mouth. I try to fight back, but this persons grip is too strong. The person removes his hand and replaces it with his other one. Only this hand has some kind of rag in it, and I smell something funny. Almost instantly after the smell I pass out.
    I awake to the sound of the clock tower striking 12. I look around, but my head is throbbing and it's too dark to really see anything. Then I see two chairs in the middle of the room. "Is this the place?" I look around for other clues to support my theory. That's when I see him, the man who killed my parents. "It's you!" I shout, and then out of the darkness the man shows his face. This is the first time I have ever seen him without a blur in my eye from blood. He stands tall, and he wears a trench coat with a weird marking on it. His hair is short, and red. His eyes are also red, but he is pale.
    "Why did you bring me back here?" I shout again, trying to get his attention. All I hear back is a chuckle. "Why did I bring you back here you ask?" the man says, in more laughter. "I guess you could say, I wanted to make it up to you, for old times sake". My arms start to shake in anger. "I know who you are, you are the one who killed my parents!" I say in anger. "Nice to be back as well" the man says with a bow. "I swear I will kill you!" I say with anger rushing up my body. It feels like I am a pot that is starting to boil. My blood starts pumping, and suddenly my body starts to change again. "I will kill you!" I say in a demonic voice.   


© 2013 Treston Seek


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 26, 2013
Last Updated on September 26, 2013


Author

Treston Seek
Treston Seek

Barstow, CA



About
Just a really good comment-er lol more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Treston Seek