Chapter 12 (Damn this life)

Chapter 12 (Damn this life)

A Chapter by Treston Seek

Chapter 12 (Damn this life)

"That's Freya" we both say at the same time. "Ah so you know my master". A lady in a maid's outfit appears from the shadows as if she were some assassin slowly watching over Freya. "That's your master?" I say with a sigh,as I tilt my head towards the maid and point at Freya. "Yes that's her" she says as she goes to her and gives her some tea. "I can't believe that's really her.." I with utmost surprise. "Me either" Peter says with a smile.
"What are you two whispering about over there?" Freya says with a giggle. "That giggle was so cute!" I say thinking to myself. "Oh my god, why is my neck sweating?" I say as I start to rub my neck. "Nothing my lady" I say nervously. "Are you okay,your sweating" she says with a smile. "I'm fine" I say with a smile back. "I have had enough of this charity Freya,take these peasants away from my presence" Mr.Carpenter says with a shake off his hand.
"Sorry boys, but its time to go" the maid says as she takes our hands and leads out the tent. I take one look back at Freya, but she is gone. "Where did she go?" I think to myself as I feel the cold breeze hit my face. "Time to go boys before I let the authorities know your here, now go" the maid says with a smile and she pushes us forward and heads back in the tent.
"What do we do now?" I say ask Peter, as we start to walk from the party. "I don't know about you,but I am going to stay and get some grub." "Alright I am going to head home,see ya later bro" I say with a sigh. "See ya" he says with a pat on my back as he runs to food section. I walk down our normal route towards the house. Then all of a sudden a see Bo with a strange trench coat on and two giant 4 barreled magnums. I start to follow him,wondering what the hell is going on.
I follow him, cautiously trying to keep my cover, I turn my head for a second, and when I looked back he was gone. "Where the hell did he go?" I wonder aimlessly around the town,looking for a sign of life. Then all of a sudden I hear a loud banging noise. "Was that gun shots?" I wonder as I try to follow the sound. Then as I get closer,the sound becomes more clearer. "It is gun shots!" I think to myself.
I find myself in a alley, all I can see is the light from the gun shots. I feel for the walls to make sure I don't run into anything. Then I feel a strange liquid come across my hands. "Whats this?" I wonder as bring my fingers to my lips. I taste my fingers. "Its blood" I say in shock. "Ya it kinda gets every where" he says in the distance. I can't see him, but I can see the light from the cigarette as he puts it in his mouth.He slowly lets some smoke come out of his mouth. "Whats wrong kid,scared of a little blood?" he says with a chuckle.
"What are you doing here kid?" Bo says, while letting out a puff of smoke from his cigarette. "I was following you" I say, kind of freaking out as I grab my chest. "Why did you kill all these innocent people?" I say with another sign of fear. "Innocent is the last thing these people are" Bo says, taking another puff of his cigarette and a chuckle. "What do you mean, not innocent, of course they were" I say in shock. "You see kid, I ain't no average man, I am a mercenary" Bo says, flashing his guns one more time. "A mercenary, what the hell is that?" I say in confusion. "We come in all different shapes and sizes, but only a few of us, including me, do what we like to call, odd jobs" he says with a chuckle.
"What kind of odd jobs do you speak of?" I say, with a tilt of my head. "Not what your thinking of you sick minded kid" Bo says with a laugh. "No, not anything like that!" I say, quickly defending myself. "Come on Bo, tell me already" I say with a sigh. "Alright alright, since your pulling my arm about it" he says with another chuckle. "Okay kid, take a look around, what do you see?". I take a look around, "I can't see anything, it's too dark". Bo shoots in the air, and the light from the bullets is enough for me to see the alleyway that we are in clearly. I see the people Bo killed, and they all had distorted faces, and black blood everywhere.
"What are these things?" I say in shock, and also for some odd reason in awe. "Demons, these are the things, people like me, kill for a living" Bo says with a chuckle. "It's honest work, but every now in then it does get annoying" he says, putting out his cigarette. "Demons?" I say in shock. "Yeah pretty much" Bo says, as he shoots one that is trying to crawl away. "Wow" is the only thing that I can manage to say, as I start to truly take in the situation. "Wait a second" I think to myself. "If he gets all this money from killing these guys, where does it go?". "O and just in case you are wondering where all my money goes, I think it's pretty obvious" Bo says with a chuckle.
"Where does it all go to?" I ask in curiosity. "Beer, cigarette's, and woman of course" Bo says with a smirk. "I was wondering how you got all that stuff, that would also explain all the diamonds on your obviously new trench coat" I say pointing at it. Its main color was blood red, but down the side of it were studded diamonds. "Yeah there are a few perks to this job" Bo says with another laugh. "So you really got all this stuff instead of taking care of us?" I say in concern. "Well everything, but the trench coat, I stole this" he says, as he flips it in the wind. "Wow" I say again, but it was already to late for him to hear it, because he was already walking down the hallway. "Now lets go home" he says, as he starts dashing towards the house. "Alright" I say with a chuckle, as I chase after him.


© 2013 Treston Seek


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh snap!! and so it begins...

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
1 Review
Added on August 16, 2013
Last Updated on September 20, 2013


Author

Treston Seek
Treston Seek

Barstow, CA



About
Just a really good comment-er lol more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Treston Seek